Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 1:59 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 4 » Favorite episode S4 (Which one stands out to you, why?)
Favorite episode S4
sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 7:49 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

Crimson hat was interesting on several levels which you have all touched on, but the whole season has had intriguing twists, more in touch with Jane's increasing uneasiness. Agent Darcy already having doubts and Patrick well aware of this in "Blinking Red Light" which was a triumph for Simon, although he looked quite spent in the last frames. Then trying to get RJ off Darcy's case, and "Cheap Burgundy" when he knows she knows and admits to his deception, alll leading to his need to be fired, the time spent proving his decline and the finale, and again the elusive RJ causing the death of one more CBI boss. The RJ arc has been quite thrilling and those who can't seem to get it and want a love match and no more RJ miss the point of this whole series, a seroously flawed, guilt ridden and anguished man seeking revenge, when he gets it and achieves peace, it will be over for TM

bee Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 8:22 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

Yes Jane is seriously flawed and guilt ridden and he may ultimately get his revenge on RJ which may come eventually (but not yet) but it doesn't necessarily mean that he will find peace, far from it. Jane is a loose cannon and his sanity is often in question but Lisbon "reins him in", but he also needs and deserves some love in his life, and we know he has always had Lisbon's support. Lisbon is part of Jane's story and I believe a vital part in his recovery. He may never fully recover of course, for after the initial euphoria of killing RJ (if indeed he does), he will realise that it doesn't change anything, it won't bring back his wife and daughter and if Jane is to find any sort of peace and comfort he will need the help of Lisbon, who he has come to trust. Hopefully there are two more seasons for both the RJ storyline to continue and for his relationship with Lisbon to develop. It has taken them 4 seasons to come to this point and neither of them are yet admitting how they feel about each other, so their relationship could take until the end of the series to come to a conclusion but it would be nice to have some sort of "happy ending" for Jane after all he's been through. Just my opinion......

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 05-Jun-12, 8:39 AM

bluemoon_999 Date: Tuesday, 05-Jun-12, 4:21 AM | Message # 18
Blow-In

My favorite:

- Blinking Red Light: great story, showed a darker and, more importantly, struggling Jane, directed by Simon (great camera angles)
- War of Roses: great case, Jane struggling and showing human side, Simon VERY sexy in this episode
- Ruby Slippers: very unexpected twists and very touching

Kudos to Ken Woodruff for letting Jane have a hard time in a believable way, only to show a different side of him.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 05-Jun-12, 12:49 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

My favourite light-hearted episode is ‘Little Red Book’ – Jane playing his tricks on the new team was so entertaining.

My favourite dramatic episode is ‘Blinking Red Light’ – beautifully written, stylishly directed and with wonderful performances - the scenes between Panzer and Jane were a treat.

Other favourites are ‘Always Bet on Red’, ‘War of the Roses’, ‘Cheap Burgundy’, ‘Something’s Rotten in Redmund’, ‘Red Rover, Red Rover’ and of course ‘The Crimson Hat’.

Geni Date: Tuesday, 05-Jun-12, 6:42 PM | Message # 20
Ankle Biter

- The Crimson Hat & Red Rover, Red Rover - Fabulous season finale! (I see both episodes as finale parts 1 & 2)
- Blinking Red Light - also fabulous and a turning point of sorts. Jane gets darker and entices Red John to kill SJ killer
- War of Roses - The case was interesting but more importantly Jane's on the market again!! Finally!
- Little red book and Fugue In Red were the funniest!
- Ring Around the Rosie - loved the concept and Jane's texan accent was priceless!

cbg811 Date: Thursday, 05-Jul-12, 8:13 AM | Message # 21
Blow-In

Episodes 3,5,9,10,13,14,17,19,23,24

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 05-Jul-12, 5:29 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

to cbq811, you mentioned 10 out of 24 episodes, that is so out there, but you didn't say why?

cbg811 Date: Friday, 06-Jul-12, 2:49 AM | Message # 23
Blow-In

I'm not very good at explaining things. I'm better at making sense of it when it's in my head. It just turns to mubble jumble when said out loud or on posts.

Peithon Date: Monday, 16-Jul-12, 1:36 PM | Message # 24
Rip Snorter

Blinking Red Light, Fugue in Red, The Crimson Hat. Honorable mention: Cheap Burgundy, Always Bet On Red, War of The Roses, Red Rover, Red Rover

teresalisbon1 Date: Tuesday, 24-Jul-12, 0:22 AM | Message # 25
Blow-In

I really liked Ruby Slippers, very touching :')
And The Crimson Hat, amazing!

Hayseed Date: Friday, 11-Jan-13, 5:42 AM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

There were many good episodes in this season, but my favorite is Red Rover, Red Rover. Too many good things to mention them all. I enjoy PJ in "serious" mode, and this episode had lots of that. I loved his interactions with Wainwright, his protection of the little girl, and the whole drama he created.

But my absolute favorite moment in the whole season is the few seconds when the picture of Rigsby's son comes through on everyone's cell phones, and all members of the team comment. At first Jane makes a joke, but then says how beautiful he is and the look on his face as he walks away does me in every. single. time I watch it.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 4 » Favorite episode S4 (Which one stands out to you, why?)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz