Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 8:44 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 4 » Favorite episode S4 (Which one stands out to you, why?)
Favorite episode S4
Geli Date: Tuesday, 22-May-12, 4:37 AM | Message # 1
Surfie

There are several I really liked: Blinking Red Light, At First Blush, The Crimson Hat and others. This DVD set isn't for sale yet. I'll have to get back to you when I figure out which one's my fav.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 22-May-12, 8:55 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

My favorites are Crimson Hat, Blinking Red Light and Fugue in Red.
Tina

bee Date: Tuesday, 22-May-12, 10:40 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

My favourites are also Blinking Red Light because it was particularly chilling and full of suspense and also Fugue in Red as it was nice to see Jane as we had never seen him before. Haven't seen Crimson Hat yet but having looked at some of the spoilers (naughty I know) I believe it's also going to be one of my favourites!!

kul65 Date: Tuesday, 22-May-12, 11:47 AM | Message # 4
Cobber

Ruby Slippers.

Runner-ups would be Blinking Red Light, Cheap Burgundy and The Crimson Hat.

Delaila Date: Saturday, 26-May-12, 5:08 PM | Message # 5
Blow-In

The Crimson Hat & Fugue in Red.. because it showed a completely different side of PJ.. smile

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 28-May-12, 2:36 PM | Message # 6
True Blue

I liked "Pretty red ballon" a lot - the flashback-scene with the Teddy-bear, and then Jane´s faked psychic-reading falshed me.

But I think after re-watching it all so often "Blinking red light" is my absolute favourite in season 4. Besides great interactions between Simon and David Paymer (as James Panzer) we see Simon´s great directing-skills here. The ending-scene done in one shot was really effective and very well done. One of my all-time-fave-scenes in TM ever!

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 28-May-12, 2:38 PM | Message # 7
True Blue

sorry: flashed me, of course.

bunnyt Date: Thursday, 31-May-12, 10:11 PM | Message # 8
Jillaroo

Mmm very difficult...but I'd say "Blinking red light"...really two great actors...and also "Cheap Burgundy" with a lot of beautiful scene between Jane and Lisbon...and obviously "The Crimson Hat"...too exciting...

bunnyt Date: Thursday, 31-May-12, 10:12 PM | Message # 9
Jillaroo

...I forgot!!...absolutely "Fugue in red"!!...

Juney Date: Sunday, 03-Jun-12, 8:37 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

Crimson hat without a doubt. Had everything, humour, drama and sex(?). I go with the hypnotism theory at the end anyway. I can't think he would feel anything for someone who had tried to cut his finger off or who had slept with him on RJ's orders.

Tassie Date: Sunday, 03-Jun-12, 9:49 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I agree Juney. This was also my favourite episode so far, a real emotional roller-coaster.

Tina Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 9:30 AM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

The more often I watch, the more I realize that Crimson Hat ist my all time favorite. I haven't watched any other episode as often as this one. Just love it. And PJ never looked better, I just love the scruffy look. And it is definately the most action-packed episode.
Tina

lenacr Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 12:53 PM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

My contribution of favourites for S4 - as you can see, more than one:
Crimson Hat - best ever for all Seasons for numerous reasons - creating intrigue / raising questions, Red John connection, twists, love interest, Jane's return to CBI (relief!), etc etc
Scarlett ribbons - 2nd best in S4 - Red John connection, twists, resolution from Season 3 cliffhanger, Jane's freedom and return to CBI (what a relief!)
Blinking Red Light - 3rd best in S4 - atmospheric (direction!), twists, Red John connection / interesting ending
Fugue in Red - 4th in S4 - funny, Jane presented in a new (or older) light

Nixenkind Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 2:02 PM | Message # 14
Jillaroo

Me, too- "Crimson Hat" is best. For every reason you named- plus: there was a lot of Jane/Lisbon in this episode. And at the end of the day, I'm still a shipper.

bee Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 3:05 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

My favourite of Season 4 is also Crimson Hat. All RJ episodes stand out for me because it's what keeps Jane motivated and me on the edge of my seat! The Crimson Hat mainly because we see the final realisation of the love that Jane and Lisbon have for each other, although they probably are not yet ready to admit to it.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 4 » Favorite episode S4 (Which one stands out to you, why?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz