Friday, 29-Mar-24, 2:41 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 4: Ladies in Red (Episode discussion)
Season 1, Episode 4: Ladies in Red
fangs4fun Date: Friday, 13-Jul-12, 2:51 AM | Message # 1
Jillaroo

Season 1, Episode 4
Ladies in Red (21 Oct. 2008)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1256264/

A wealthy banker is found dead inside a secret vault in his house, and the team delves into his secret life to find out who killed him.

Highlights
- Jane and the little girl. He's so sweet yet sad at the same time. He must miss his daughter so much.
- Jane getting caught with a gun pointed at him again. It always amuses me that he always gets in these situations despite his smarts and cunning plans. He needs the rest of the CBI team to bail him out each time.
- Jane singing while figuring out the code to the secret safe room. What was he singing?
- When the widow asked Jane to hug her and he said he can't. Did he say that because he suspected her already or because of his wife? What does he mean by "I can't"?
- Jane and Rigsby interactions. Jane is right about love and affection though. I laughed at Rigsby when Jane accepted the dare. Rigsby should know by now that Jane does not back down on a bet.
- Cho's deadpans:
Wayne Rigsby: I sent out the vibes. I got none back. Okay? So leave me alone
Patrick Jane: Vibes. Really? Vibes?
Kimball Cho: That's where he stares at the back of her neck for several hours. Women love that.
Wayne Rigsby: Shut up Cho!

- Jane's smile during this scene:
Adrianna Jonovic: The handsome one. Gay, yes?

- Lisbon's reaction when Jane said he thinks the widow is beautiful and he might be a bit taken with her.

Lowlights
- Don't know much about Peter and the Wolf but I was told that Jane was wrong about the bassoon. The wolf not the bassoon but the french horn. The Grandpa is the bassoon. See, Jane can be wrong too.
- I figured from the start that it was the widow and the lawyer. Jane was right, for a grieving widow, she was positively glowing. I am not really good at guessing whuddunit but this one was pretty easy even for me. The Armenian and the 2 other guys were way too obvious red herrings.
- In the flashback, we saw that the little girl was with the nanny when they were watching Peter and the Wolf. But at the beginning of the show, the police said that the little girl was with the mom. Did they not ask the nanny or anyone else to corroborate this alibi?

Mentalisms
- don't really recall anything special, unless you count Jane's ability to guess safe codes

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 1 » Season 1, Episode 4: Ladies in Red (Episode discussion)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz