Monday, 29-Apr-24, 5:11 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 03 Wedding In Red (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
03 Wedding In Red
Fran Date: Thursday, 26-Sep-13, 12:51 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.03 Wedding In Red - Press Release

JANE GETS THE CBI INVOLVED IN A CASE IN NAPA IN ORDER TO FOCUS ON SHERIFF McALLISTER, WHILE VAN PELT AND RIGSBY FINALLY TAKE A TRIP DOWN THE AISLE, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, OCT. 13

Xander Berkley Returns as Sheriff Thomas McAllister

"Wedding in Red” — Jane gets the CBI involved in a case in Napa in order to focus on Sheriff McAllister, while Van Pelt and Rigsby take a trip down the aisle, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Oct. 13 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Xander Berkley returns as Sheriff Thomas McAllister.

CHEAT TWEET: Rigsby and Van Pelt tie the knot! And Jane’s focusing on just one #RedJohn suspect for now… #TheMentalist #Sunday 10/13 10pm http://bit.ly/14AARit

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Xander Berkeley (Sheriff McAllister)
Wes Ramsey (Charlie)
Erica Piccininni (Stacey Bonner)
Marcus Coloma (Roberto Salas)
Christine Dunford (Mrs. Bonner)
Casey Biggs (Mr. Bonner)
J. Rene Pena (Mrs. Salas)
Miguel Najera (Mr. Salas)
Jonathan Castellanos (Oscar)
Lexi Lawson (Rose)
Amanda MacDonald (Suzie)
Jose Pablo Cantillo (Angel)
David Ury (Col. James Harris)
Gary Kraus (Larry Kincaid)
Addie Daddio (Justice of the Peace)
Charles Carpenter (Deputy)

WRITTEN BY: Daniel Cerone
DIRECTED BY: Randall Zisk

bee Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 11:15 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

This episode had a gentler pace about it but was no less intriguing! Jane waiting for Lisbon to arrive at the office and his attempt to hurry her to the crime scene was touching. His helping her back on with her jacket and "fluffing" her hair and grabbing her bag as they went out the door was sweet. It could be that he was just anxious to get to the crime scene, but they do seem to have reached a new level of intimacy since Lisbon was captured by RJ! Their whispered asides concerning McAllister throughout this episode was telling and it's good that Jane is at last confiding in Lisbon one hundred per cent.

It would seem perhaps another RJ suspect has been crossed off Jane's list. After two failed attempts by Jane and Lisbon to decipher if McAllister is afraid of heights McAllister saves Jane's life by climbing on to the church roof and preventing him from falling below. So is McAllister no longer an RJ suspect?

The new policy allowing office relationships seemed a little too convenient to me. When did this happen? The wedding of Stacey and Roberto seemed like the wedding from hell. Jane trying to clear the air among the wedding party and then causing the wedding to be cancelled was hilarious. Jane stating that he could officiate at the wedding was a surprise (mail order ministry), although his version of the wedding ceremony seemed a little obscure and hilarious!! (A carny wedding ceremony perhaps). His face, however, was a picture...both smiling and then tearful! Jane is a softie at heart!

Rigsby's "distraction" at the wedding was sweet, he did seem nervous. Lisbon reaction was surprise, happines and then sadness all in the blink of an eye.
Apart from the murder of poor Uncle Larry the episode had some lighter moments. Rigsby piercing that drum with the sword was comical, the banter in the car between Rigsby and Cho, always a delight, and Jane on all fours attempting to get off the church roof was hilarious (a moment I think that will find a place in my memory palace for a long time!!) I think Jane may be acrophobic!

Grace and Wayne's ceremony was sweet but seeing Jane's face peeping through the doorway was quite emotional. He seemed happy for the couple and sad, perhaps thinking about his own wedding and what could be in the future. I thought it strange that Lisbon didn't "wave off" the happy couple with Cho but like to think that she went in search of Jane!

All in all a pleasant episode where we learned that couples can now have a relationship at work, Jane can officiate at weddings (is there nothing this man can't do) and is a big softie at heart.

Looking forward to next week with bated breath!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 14-Oct-13, 3:21 PM

Raven Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 4:35 PM | Message # 3
Dinkie-Di

Liked the episode and everthing bee already said. I wanted to add a few things I found sweet and funny.

The talk between Lisbon and Jane that he could marry her off in a minute and that she shouldn't tempt him. Tunney's facial expression was awesome. (Sorry, my shipper heart)

Loved that Simon's wife Rebecca got a minor role at the wedding. She was the one who shook her head at Jane's objection question.

Last but not least. Jane crawling over the roof. Buawahaha.. hilarious !!! (I know bee already mention it but I had to repeat it)

Message edited by Raven - Monday, 14-Oct-13, 5:01 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 4:44 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

A sweet episode, not likely to become a favourite, but a nice gentle one.

I wish that Jane had been there either for the proposal, or actually in the room at the wedding, I wonder why he wasn't.

Nice Catch raven, I didn't spot Rebecca there, I will go and watch again....siiiighhhh.....some things you just gotta do!!

And the shot of Jane getting off the roof WAS fun, he looked like he didn't like heights way back in an earlier season, the one that had Paul Michael Glazer (Starsky....another hottie in his time!!) where we met Dr. Steiner.

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 5:52 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

This episode will go into my least favorite file. Since Heller promised that every episode was not to be missed because of the RJ serialization, I was expecting a bit of gruesome and not all this wedding folderol. The acting was even sloppy and both Simon and Robin were not given much to work with and even when Jane was hanging from the roof, there was no real terror in his face and his hands were not really hooked on the edge for dear life. I don't expect many to agree with me on that, but it is my opinion, these are good actors working with a lousy script.

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 6:51 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

I know what you mean about the roof scene Sylvia. There was so little stress involved that I got the definite impression that Jane had orchestrated at least some part of it, but it wasn't clear ..... just felt odd. Bad editing?

Thanks from me as well for the Rebecca catch, Raven. I definitely have to rewatch. Not my favorite episode either because I would much rather watch Jane and Lisbon than Rigsby and VanPelt. There is something about Rigsby that has always bothered me.

Anyways, even though it wasn't my favorite episode and felt odd, I still enjoyed it.

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 7:06 PM | Message # 7
Surfie

Not my favorite but I kind of enjoy the off beat humour. I think how Jane and Lisbon try to trap Sheriff McAllister was funny.

I'm not big fan of GVP and WR love story but surprisingly I enjoyed it in this episode. Esp the scene when Grace having a heart to heart with the bride to be. I also like how she has memorized her vow. Why is Jane not invited? Or was he opted out?

Two things has been curiously consistent in the past three episodes:
1. Agent Ron
2. Pigeons...so Sheriff McAllister doesn't like them, what does it implied???

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 14-Oct-13, 10:45 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

INSIDER'S BLOG: WEDDING IN RED
Written by:
Executive Producer Daniel Cerone

http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001378/

WEDDING IN RED
POSTED ON OCT 14, 2013 12:00AM

Ah, the wedding episode. But also the first episode in which we fully explore a Red John suspect. And then, oh yeah, there’s a homicide to solve! And not just solve, but solve in a fun mind-bending fashion.

Such are the joys and struggles of a Mentalist writer – although this type of episode is my favorite to write, because the challenge lies in weaving the various elements together so that they organically feed off and feed into each other. In Wedding in Red, Jane chooses a homicide because it’s in the Napa Valley jurisdiction of Sheriff Thomas McAllister, a Red John suspect. The tension of the episode comes from Jane’s careful study of McAllister, which culminates on the steep rooftop of an old church at night. I plan to send a commission of my script fee to the Hitchcock estate for inspiring the climax. The production challenge was perhaps the most daunting we’ve faced on this show. Using almost an entire sound stage, our production designer Mike Novotny built a towering bell tower, along with the entirety of slate-tiled church roof, which we digitally attached to the roof of an 1889 church in Pasadena.

The heart of the episode comes from Rigsby and Van Pelt. By design, the murder on tap occurs during a wedding rehearsal dinner, thereby tossing Rigsby and Van Pelt directly into the emotionally turbulent waters of a wedding, which is like tossing Colonel Sanders into a chicken coop. We realized once Rigsby and Van Pelt got back together, there really was nothing to prevent them from taking the final leap. The trick was finding a realistic way to fold that into a case, since we can’t stop a procedural show for a wedding. My favorite scene occurs when Jane asks Van Pelt to repair the damage he caused in the wedding. She has to dig deeply to convince the bereft bride not to let the one she loves get away, which is the mistake Van Pelt made. Amanda Righetti crushes this scene.

Finally, the humor of the episode, should anyone find cause to smile or at the very least smirk, comes from Jane mucking up a wedding. Naturally, he puts everything back together again, to the point of presiding over the guest couple’s ceremony. As writers, we’re always searching for new environments where we can turn Simon Baker lose to play, and a wedding was a natural. So anyway, it’s a meat and three episode, heavy in calories, and hopefully you’ll find something to your liking.

Written by:
Executive Producer Daniel Cerone

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 3:43 AM | Message # 9
Dinkie-Di

I enjoyed it especially being a little lighter. Was this the 2nd time RJ has saved PJs life??? I also think that the sheriffs voice is quite creepy and close to the husky whisper RJ uses. Probably all misdirected though. Jane is certainly being more blatant in the way he probes those on the list.........
The initial scene when PJ helps Lisbon on with her jacket seemed to show a close familiarity it's almost as if they are going through their whole relationship gradually building trust without ever getting "romantic". They do seem to have an ever deeper connection than just colleagues .......
wacko

Tina Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 9:35 AM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

I really liked the episode. There was romance, fun, a little action. And since next one should be creepy, this one was "the calm before the storm", but very enjoyable. I like Owain, I like Rigbsy, and I was so happy to finally see him get the girl. He was in love with Grace from the first moment on, and it's good they have their happy end.
It really touched my heart seeing Jane watching the wedding ...the expression on his face ... he was truly happy for them. I love those moments when we see Jane's feelings, like the scene when Rigbsy sent the first photo of his son. He doesn't show it to the others how much he cares.
All in all, a great light episode. Looking forward to watch it again this evening.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 12:03 PM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Although I usually enjoy Daniel Cerone episodes, I didn’t have very high expectations of this one, mainly because I’ve never really bought into the Van Pelt/Rigsby romance, but also because I’ve never considered McAllister as a serious Red John suspect. Having said that, although this episode will never make my favourites list, I thought it was enjoyable with some very nice moments and a witty script. I’m quite happy to have some gentler episodes in the mix, because I don’t watch the show for excitement, in fact I find that although the exciting episodes are fun to watch the first time, they tend not to be the ones I enjoy re-watching.

I think most of my favourite scenes have been picked out by others, but I must give a mention to Jane helping himself to some wine and relishing the tasting.

As I said, I’ve never suspected McAllister as RJ, but I suppose he can be formally removed from the list of RJ suspects now, as it would seem that his fear of birds would have prevented him from choosing the Partridge/Lisbon location in the first episode.

Quote sylvia5993 ()
when Jane was hanging from the roof, there was no real terror in his face and his hands were not really hooked on the edge for dear life.

I thought his situation looked awkward but not perilous – it wasn’t particularly high and it wasn’t a sheer drop, he was lying on a sloping roof and it looked as though he could have clambered his way to safety. So I assumed when he said McAllister saved his life he was referring to him rescuing him from the guy with the gun, rather than saving him from falling to his death. If Jane was meant to be clinging on for dear life, this didn’t come across, so it would be the first time ever that I’ve seen Simon fail to deliver.

Quote tinamarianne ()
I love those moments when we see Jane's feelings, like the scene when Rigbsy sent the first photo of his son. He doesn't show it to the others how much he cares.

Me too Tina, always my favourite moments, when you see glimpses of the real Jane usually so carefully hidden.

Quote bee ()
Looking forward to next week with bated breath!

So am I, and my expectations are unreasonably high!

Quote Raven ()
Loved that Simon's wife Rebecca got a minor role at the wedding. She was the one who shook her head at Jane's objection question.

I assume you mean this lady - I don't think she's Rebecca, she looks too young to me apart from anything else.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 2:05 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Jane's butt happy

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 2:11 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

Thanks so much, DS_Pallas. Very nice butt. I admire your technical expertise.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 3:15 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

You're welcome, but(t) not my gif. I wish I had the time to make some though…

Raven Date: Tuesday, 15-Oct-13, 3:29 PM | Message # 15
Dinkie-Di

Quote Fran ()
I assume you mean this lady - I don't think she's Rebecca, she looks too young to me apart from anything else.

I think anyone could look young with carefully placed makeup biggrin You could be right but I still think it's her. We will have to ask the writers biggrin

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 03 Wedding In Red (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz