Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 7:43 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 05 The Red Tattoo (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
05 The Red Tattoo
Fran Date: Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 7:39 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

cbs Insider's Blog: The Red Tattoo
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1001444/

A dead man with shadowy connections to the Visualize cult. A killer who might be some kind of magician or wizard. And, of course, the specter of Red John looming over it all. Jane has a lot on his mind these days. The fun and the challenge of Season 6 is that we’re closing in on Red John and there are a lot of questions, that Jane wants answered, and leads that the team needs to track down. In this episode Jane finds himself forced to investigate a case with Ray Haffner, ex-CBI Agent, Visualize cult member, and one of the seven names on Jane's list of Red John suspects. So not only is Jane faced with a mysterious and seemingly impossible crime, but he must also question whether Haffner had a role in it, and to what purpose? Of course, anything having to do with Visualize must have the unseen hand of Bret Stiles behind it. But you'll have to stay tuned for the next episode to see where that leads! And if that isn't enough for the team to deal with, they also are discovering what happened to Homeland Security Agent Bob Kirkland. The more they learn, the more questions they have.

As our dedicated followers know by now, we've got one of the greatest casts imaginable, and each and every one of them is stepping up their game as we build towards the final showdown with Red John. We always rehearse the scenes before we shoot them, once for the actors to get a sense of how they want to deliver their lines and how they want to move around the fantastic sets our art department builds for us. Then a second time, in what's called a 'marking rehearsal,' so our crew can see how the scene will play out and how to get the lighting and sound just right. You'd expect this to be a sort of dry purely technical exercise, but when Simon and Robin finished the run-through of the scene where Jane and Lisbon explain the murder to Haffner, Cooper, and the head of Hotel Security, the crew spontaneously broke into applause as if they had been the audience at a play.

And here's where I want to take the chance to thank our cast and crew for the amazing work they do. The scripts we writers turn in are nothing more than a framework for all these other great artists to build on. From the moment pre-production starts and locations, production design, costumes, props, and casting get to work, through the actual grueling work of shooting the episode in only eight days, to the post-production work of our editors, sound designers and music composer, it's humbling and awe-inspiring to see how what's on the page is transformed into a television show. Hope you all enjoy watching it as much as we enjoy making it. And look out, the ride is about to get wild!

Written by Executive Producer Eoghan Mahony

Sun Date: Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 7:39 PM | Message # 17
Cobber

I love this Insider's Blog of the writers. They started it only at the beginning of season 6, right? Or did I miss that before?
But thanks Kul65, I'll stop reading information now until I've seen the next episode. There are almost too many sneek peaks and set photos available in this season. It's so hard to resist, but I'll stay like this from now on: bag

Message edited by Sun - Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 1:59 AM

June Date: Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 7:39 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

You have not missed anything, Sun. The interesting Insider's Blog began this year.

angel Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 7:02 PM | Message # 19
Cobber

This was another great epis which started as the crime of the week and escalated into something big.

Great opening scene with the murder. I was confused throughout and never guessed how it was done. From the start Haffer became such a smug irritating guy who obviously jealous of Jane. He itrked me here.

Loved how all the team played their part. Jane in gym outsmarting the guy into admitting he knew about Vizualize. Loved the lady trying to pick up cho but you knew she had a back reason but i did like her. Cho n Rigsby in park was wonderful. Cho didn't want to hear but Rigsby just going on about him and Grace and intimate details. And yes Rigsby back to eating, welcome back.

Loved the switch with cho and the lady with the bug in the park. Clever man.

But then first the section with Jane explaining what happened and demonstrating with elastic was brilliant. Fabulous section but then what trumped it was the attack on the investigator. The team trying to locate her and Jane n Lisbon rushing to get to her all the while they could hear her being killed. OMG my heart was racing so fast thru that scene to when she dies after telling jane about the 3 dots tattoo. One of the best tm endings in a long while since Volker watching his guy murdering his aid. Bloody brilliant stuff. This season deserves so many kudos as brilliant acting and writing. Am loving it.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 05 The Red Tattoo (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz