Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 3:19 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 05 The Red Tattoo (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
05 The Red Tattoo
Fran Date: Friday, 18-Oct-13, 10:24 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.05 The Red Tattoo - Press Release

WHEN A PROMINENT MEMBER OF VISUALIZE IS MYSTERIOUSLY KILLED, JANE INVESTIGATES IN THE HOPES THAT THE CASE WILL PROVIDE A CLUE LEADING HIM TO RED JOHN, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, OCT. 27

Reed Diamond Returns as Ray Haffner

"The Red Tattoo” — When a prominent member of Visualize is mysteriously killed, Jane investigates in the hopes that the case will provide a clue that will lead him to Red John, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Oct. 27 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. Reed Diamond returns as Ray Haffner.

CHEAT TWEET: A seemingly impossible death may lead Jane to the final clue he needs to locate #RedJohn #TheMentalist Sun 10/27 http://bit.ly/1i00goS

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Reed Diamond (Ray Haffner)
Robert Picardo (Jason Cooper)
Karl Sonnenberg (CBI Karl)
Beth Riesgraf (Kira Tinsley)
Ray Abruzzo (Bill Mylar)
David Starzyk (Ed Reed)
Brian Leckner (Hotel Security)
Kirk Zipfel (Dad)
Aidan Sussman (Boy)
Jeff Griggs (Chad Parkman)
Eric Pumphrey (Devin Frost)
Sandra Cevallos (Natalie)
Cuyle Carvin (Rookie)
Joe Nieves (Detective Oscar Cordero)

WRITTEN BY: Eoghan Mahony
DIRECTED BY: Tawnia McKiernan

bee Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 11:57 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Oh my...the race for RJ is definitely hotting up. This week it was Ray Haffner's turn in the spotlight when he was brought in by Visualize to "observe" CBI in the handling of a murder of a Visualize member. It's well known that Jane and Haffner are "enemies" ever since Jane caused him to lose his job in order for Lisbon to have her old job back. Haffner comes across as smug and arrogant in this episode as he tries to push his way into the investigation. We see that he has a phobia of spiders...has every RJ suspect a phobia of one thing or another or are these just red herrings put in by Bruno to keep us guessing?? I don't think he is RJ though but he is connected somehow, as are Visualize in some way.

His smugness comes across when he is in the elevator with Jane and says that Visualize are "studying Patrick Jane" and then places his hand on Jane's shoulder and tells him that he will get his comeuppance! He even tries to gain Lisbon's and Grace's trust by warning them to distance themselves from Jane foreshadowing something bad happening to Jane! He also belittles the team when they have no leads in the case, sarcastically calling them the "A" team and then leaves saying "Ciao Kids". I was pleased that Jane solved the case (as always) much to the disgust of Haffner, he didn't even wait to say goodbye to Jane! Sour grapes perhaps!

Regarding Rigsby's suspicion about the report on Kirkland's escape, I hope we see more concerning this. I assume Lisbon told Jane of Kirkland's death although we didn't actually see Lisbon inform Jane of this.

Liked Kira Tinsley, she reminded me very much of Summer and I suppose that was the point, especially as she targetted Cho for information. Reminded me a little of RJ sending Lorelei (look alike of Lisbon) to Jane. First thought she was sent by Visualize but it seems she was sent by RJ. Loved the way Jane replaced her bug in her handbag, clever trick. Of course knowing that she had information on RJ she had to go...but not without first telling Jane a vital clue.

Another exciting episode but having seen the promo for next week I am not sure I'm going to be able to cope with the suspense...I'm getting too old for all this excitement!!

Fran Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 1:29 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

I really loved this episode, need to watch it again to work out why I enjoyed it so much.
But just wanted to say that RJ needing to use a PI to plant the bug at CBI seems to me to be a big clue in itself. Bertram and Haffner could certainly have planted it themselves, and it would probably have been pretty easy for the other law enforcement people, Smith and McAllister, to do it. But I'm thinking that if Partridge is still alive, he would have definitely needed someone to do it for him.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 1:34 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

I really enjoyed this one, what am I saying....I have enjoyed the whole season so far and I've nearly worn out my copies on the computer (Luckily I have a touch of OCD so I've got copies squrrelled away in all sorts of places!!

Ray Hafner seems to have caught creepy from good old Bob last week!!....the creepometer is in the RED zone....again!

Odd that Stiles has gone walkabout....

For me Hafner is the only one to have a real phobia....I felt that when the bird flew up into MacAllister's face it wouldbe 'normal' to flinch, and say he didn't like those things.....but Hafner...hmmmm.he reacted like I do when I see a spider.....I lose all ability to function....hey I even flinched at WATCHING the thing!!

Enjoyed the banter between Cho and Rigsby...and I'm with Cho....too much information!!!!

The interaction between Hafner & Jane...perfect....just enough needle to make it interesting.

And I agree, the Private Investigator lady reminded me a LOT of summer, not in looks, more in speech patterns and mannerisms.....SOMEone has been noticing Cho's 'type'

REALLY looking forward to next week.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 1:36 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

Oh Just read your post Fran (it arrived while I was posting) what a good thought...I hadn't registered that at all....so there IS hope for my favourite theory....I SO hope that you are right.

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 1:55 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Thanks guys. Excellent comments about the episode. And your summary was very good Bee. Summer was my first thought as well.

Ivana Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 3:38 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Does anybody find strange the way Hafner puts his hand on Jane's shoulder while saying "Here's a switch for you", like he was trying to hypnotise him?

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 3:51 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

I know what you mean about the shoulder touch, Ivana. The show has made the shoulder touch so significant that I'm suspicious every time it happens. And on top of that, there's Jane's overall dislike of being touched, which was made evident in the episode where we're introduced to Bertram.... I think it had something to do with being touched by Red John in the previous season finale?

I think Jane may even have said "don't touch me" some time during this episode. I have to go back and check.

bonbon Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 9:40 PM | Message # 9
Jillaroo

All very good reasoning, Fran, about the PI. I, too, like you & others have targeted Partridge all along as RJ & can't let go of that suspicion despite his 'seemingly brutal death'. Frustrating! Just can't put the pieces together to solve the whole bloody thing. Perhaps Jane, Lisbon & Cho will be drawn into a Federal investigation of this agency-wide conspiracy ("Tiger, Tiger") after RJ's departure; after all, the two new permanent characters are both FBI. In which case, some of the current 'suspects' (Haffner, Smith, Bertrum & McAllister), who apparently are involved, will be around for future storylines. I'm 75 and like bee - I'm getting too old for all of this mystery and suspense........but LOVE IT! Wouldn't miss it for the world (I have all 121 episodes of TM on DVD).
A LITTLE SIDE NOTE - I just watched 'I Give It A Year' this weekend. Didn't think too much of the movie in general (and I was married to an Englishman), BUT - thought each and every scene in which Simon appeared was so well done. His appearance is always such an enjoyable presence on the screen. As we all feel, Simon is NOT recognized enough in the industry for his talent.

Evy Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 9:47 PM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

Fran
But just wanted to say that RJ needing to use a PI to plant the bug

I don't understand what "PI" means !!
Thank you to explain to me prof

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 28-Oct-13, 9:59 PM | Message # 11
True Blue

Evy, for all that I know, PI stands for private investigator

shoelady Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 1:48 AM | Message # 12
Jillaroo

Why did the PI tell Jane about the tattoo and not who RJ was if she was working for him, or sleeping with him since she has seen him sans shirt. Maybe she only saw the 3 dots during their struggle and he is unaware of it. However, I do stand by my premise that this is all a cabal run by Bret Stiles and there are many RJs, Jane has probably killed one when he shot Carter. Look at all the coincidences over the years and why Bret Stiles seems to always be at the center of controversies and with all the answers.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 9:06 AM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Thank you BBB for the explanation ! biggrin

I searched on "google" : tatoo with 3 dots.
I found this :
The original meaning of the 3 dot tattoo relates to gang violence. The dots represent the persons standing within the group. The 3 dots can also stand for "mi vida loca", which means 'my crazy life'.
The three dots tattoo can also carry some religious significance, representing the holy trinity.

What about it with RJ ? That is the question !!! wink

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 8:58 PM

Tina Date: Tuesday, 29-Oct-13, 10:10 AM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

This season is really killing me! A really big ending this episode. So it shouldn't be such a problem now to find him.
It's right, why does RJ need somebody to put a bug on Cho's desk if it was Bertram or Haffner or Smith? They both go in and out (even though, IF Partridge is dead, Haffner would be my No. 1 suspect ...was my No. 1 suspect).
I guess that RJ didn't give the girl his real name, so it might not have helped if she said the name. The tattoo might help Jane much better.
It's really crazy how much I think about this tv show during the whole day! That never happened before.
Bonbon, the theory could be right that after RJ they start working with the FBI to get all of RJ's deciples. Sure would be an interesting story line. And they can't not get them just away.
I'm so excited, I just want to go on watching! But another week waiting ...will have to watch the episode again a few more times.
What an exciting season this is!

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 30-Oct-13, 7:39 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Just watched the episode. Wow the very last part was so tense… I forced myself to not read any spoilers so it was all in all a very good one. This tattoo clue is a BIG progress.

A few favourite:
The "He's different" line. Lisbon seems so genuine when she states that, looking straight in the eyes of Haffner. And Jane agreeing… It was so TM humour in a nutshell.

The scene between Jane & haffner in the hotel lift, what a manly confrontation. I felt it was full of suppressed anger and testosterone. And yes the shoulder spatting is intriguing. Well done Mrs Diamond and Baker!

Cho & Rigsby in the park… Marital happiness and lost of appetite! Great! Poor Cho

Jane resolving the murder with a rubber band. A good "case of the week".
Wonder what made him suspect the blonde woman from the gym though… The fact that she came at the CBI to flirt shamelessly whith Cho?

And yes it's still strange that RJ used a PI to bug the bullpen, ie someone neutral, out of his ring. The "Partridge theory" can partially explain it (if he's hiding, he can't do it himslef), but if he has indeed fake his death with an accomplice at the morgue, it is not likely nobody among his friends knows he's alive and willing to help him with the bug.
Another explanation is RJ is not quite as trustful towards his friends/minions as he was in the previous years or months. Maybe Jane has eventually planted the seed of paranoia and suspicion in RJ mind?

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 05 The Red Tattoo (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz