The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » US Ratings - Season 6
US Ratings - Season 6
DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 10:29 PM | Message # 91
Fair Dinkum

Frankly, I can't understand the US audience. Those 3 last episodes were the best of the season's second part, and the ratings are down. sad

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 10:30 PM

June Date: Tuesday, 29-Apr-14, 11:29 PM | Message # 92
Bee's Knees

I've decided not try to understand them. I'm not able to find any reason to explain those ratings. Sad but real.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 8:44 AM | Message # 93
Fair Dinkum

For the last episode it was Easter week-end. But there ?????? No explanations. sad

Raven Date: Wednesday, 30-Apr-14, 10:42 AM | Message # 94
Dinkie-Di

Viewership is still stable between 8 and 9 mio viewers. I guess ratings are low because people skipping the commercials more than ever.

Kimmi23 Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 4:02 AM | Message # 95
Ankle Biter

I'm from the US and I don't understand the US audiences either. The episodes have been amazing so I have no idea why the ratings are going down. Hopefully the ratings will go back up again. Though they are at least staying within the 8 million to 10 million viewers they average a week.

Peithon Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 5:11 AM | Message # 96
Rip Snorter

Its Resurrection, the new TV show at 9 opposite TGW, which has higher ratings, allowing for its follow up, Revenge to pull a slightly better demo.

258pce Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 8:00 AM | Message # 97
Cobber

I think ratings are down for a lot of shows. One thing however, that doesn't help TM is all the publicity and uncertainty about its possible cancellation. On top of that many Jisbon fans are finding the arc about Pike to be very depressing and frustrating. While most fans have tried to stay united regarding the effort to get the show renewed, some dedicated fans have turned on each other blaming one or other of the characters (jane or lisbon) for the estrangement they are exhibiting in their relationship.

Personally, I thought the last episode (BEG) was terrific. Loved seeing PJ use his skills with the drunk driver and set up the whole scam. Simon seems re-energized and is displaying more range.

The US audience to me is an enigma--and I'm in the US. (But then, I was thrown for a reality revision when voters seemed to support GWBush) They seem to prefer crappy reality shows and depressingly graphic macho stuff. Probably a reflection of the dumbing down of our whole society, the current political culture and the shortening attention spans due to technology combined with economic distress. It seems a miracle that any quality programming survives in the drive for short term profits these days.

Tina Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 10:49 AM | Message # 98
Fair Dinkum

258pce, it's the same in Germany. When I see what stupid shows are successful I can only think how low people have come. Reality shows like when so called celebrities eat bugs and worms etc. in the Australian outback...it's scary how many people watch this. Quality shows are often low in ratings here too. Just saw a promo for "Grimm" again yesterday...is this more successful than TM??? I watch many of the CBS shows..most of them became so slow and boring.I just don't understand that not more people watch such a good show TM. Seems only the French still have good taste and prefer quality over bad shows...

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 4:13 PM | Message # 99
Bee's Knees

I'm from the UK and I have only 2 words to say....Big.....Brother.....! cry

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 4:48 PM | Message # 100
Bee's Knees

Sad to say but the 18-49 TV watchers get all the advertising bucks and of course they prefer pseudo-reality to a good drama and of course following housewives and Kardashians, what a sad state of affairs for the future. I have a feeling that we should all get box sets of any good shows and eventually that will be the only good thing to watch on our boob tube.

bee Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 5:28 PM | Message # 101
Fair Dinkum

I'm also from the UK and have noticed that TM has been put back an hour until 10 pm on Tuesday evenings in order for a new series of programmes called "GPs: Behind Closed Doors" to be shown in TM's original time slot. The programme showed, amongst other things, a man being told about a having a possible colostomy bag. Oh Joy....as sad as this is I don't call this entertainment. Sometimes I wonder what this world is coming to. As has been said, reality shows seem to have taken over from good drama and I despair for hard working actors these days! Five minutes of fame seems to be the name of the game nowadays. cry

Evy Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 6:32 PM | Message # 102
Fair Dinkum

Fortunately in France, episodes are broadcast at prime time on an important TV Channel and TM always so successful.
The French fans look forward the 6th season !

258pce Date: Thursday, 01-May-14, 7:56 PM | Message # 103
Cobber

Mossibecca: I'm from the UK and I have only 2 words to say....Big.....Brother.....! cry

Not sure if you're talking about the reality show "Big Brother" or the general conspiracy concept, but I guess it doesn't really make much difference. I turned to TM as an antidote to the political angst I have felt since the turn of the millenium. It has had a wonderful uplifting effect. The characters and tone and, of course, SB turned me into a fan. I don't really watch tv and haven't for years....until I found TM two years ago. Becoming a fan has educated me in surprising ways about the realities behind the scenes of this business. So I guess the salubrious effect it had on my psyche has been moderated by this education.

In any case, I am supremely grateful for the existence of 6 seasons worth of TM episodes--whatever the US audience current "flavor of the month" is. And I really appreciate that it has so many great fans around the world like you all in Germany, France, UK etc. That is a source of hope.

Tina Date: Friday, 02-May-14, 8:48 AM | Message # 104
Fair Dinkum

Thankfully in Germany it's on at prime time Sunday evening after NCIS. This is the strongest evening of the week in Germany I think. They had moved it to Monday for a while and ratings went down, but now it's back on Sunday.

Mossibecca Date: Friday, 02-May-14, 10:21 AM | Message # 105
Bee's Knees

258pce, I WAS talking about the tv programme Big Brother....I think it is rubbish....but so many people seem to like it.

I know just what you mean about TM, I have been a fan of various shows in a mild way, but TM somehow has captured my imagination, the characters are so well written and written consistently within character, that for me it is head and shoulders above the rest. It isn't solely a Crime drama, but really a Drama (with BIG D)....the writing of the relationships within the team are built with such intelligence and attention to detail. It always feels like I am reading my VERY favourite book (I read a LOT!!) and each time I read I see something new.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » US Ratings - Season 6
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz