Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 4:24 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 10 Green Thumb (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
10 Green Thumb
AgentM Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 10:02 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

Will need to watch again before I give my full thoughts but just wanted share a funny thing...

At the end of S3 when Jane shot Tim Carter, I couldn't wait for the S4 premiere so I wrote my own script and put it up online. I even sent it to Bruno, and got a nice reply from Rebecca Cutter... the funny thing?

In my version, Jane was incarcerated at CBI and Lisbon sneaked in to see him. Below find an excerpt:

'LA ROCHE

I gave specific orders for you to stay away. Can you tell me why you decided to ignore those orders?

LISBON

I needed to see him.

LA ROCHE

About?

Lisbon looks at him for a moment.

LISBON

I needed to know what he did with my stapler.'

surprised biggrin

lol! I fell off my chair laughing at the case of Washington's missing stapler! lol Really made me chuckle! tongue That was 3 years ago....sometimes I wonder if I'm not a little bit psychic myself!

And as for socks? My heart melted into a small puddle at his response. love

Message edited by AgentM - Monday, 09-Dec-13, 10:06 PM

Tish Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 11:57 PM | Message # 17
Blow-In

Loving the re-start.
This episode made me smile so much. Loved it all. Jane back to his old tricks. And Lisbon managed to tell him off properly this time.
Hope they will be real partners in crime (solving) from now on.

If I can get hold of a screenshot of the list may need to have a go at cracking the list over the x-mas break (not that I am good at that but love puzzles).

Is this it now for Rigsby and Van Pelt? I didn't properly read the list of "starring actors" so didn't see if Amanda and Owen are still listed.

Thrill Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 3:20 AM | Message # 18
Dinkie-Di

Owen and Amanda are still listed.

I loved this episode - humour and Jane back to his old tricks...
One of my fav quotes ....
TL "I'll stay"
KF "You don't want in on the bust?"
TL "The 3 of us have been in on alot of busts together - you go. There is nothing like a take down with Jane"
PJ ".........Shucks.... Shall we..."
Magic!!

I actually like Kim in the fact that she'll muddy the waters and add tension to the interactions. However I really like Abbot - as I think there will be much more cat and mouse with him and Jane - which will add plenty of drama. Was his cell bugged???????
I wonder whether the shift to Tx is permanent - or its a vehicle to go anywhere in the country..... I do like the on location shooting.
Not surprised the FBI building is so cold - its all supposed to be contrast - with whatever warm environment Jane creates round himself.

I get the feeling Simon is having a new lease of life with the new direction - long may it continue. Well done the whole team...

Oh finally - "you got me socks"......"hand made in washington"......"ahhhh........" clutches to heart then holds to his cheek.....

love

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 6:04 AM | Message # 19
Surfie

I watched the episode three times already. It is definitely one of my favorite. My favorite are the flight and the socks. Yup, can't wait to see what kind of trouble Jane is going to cause in FBI. Love TM 2.0.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 10:04 AM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

I watched the episode again.
I loved it. EVERYTHING. The acting, humor, feelings, subtlety.
I love Cho's comeback.
Defiance which is a gypsy who leaves everything for love of her husband made for me think of Angela who also left her family to marry Patrick heart
I noticed that when Lisbon and Jane leave the prison and laugh, they do not play comedy but improvise. They are completely sincere : their laughter and their fun are really natural. Look again and you will see !

But I still have the strange impression of a new series. I have difficulty in believing that I always watch TM . I miss the team cry
I find ridiculous the "fair-haired boy" which replaces Van Pelt and I do not like him. Maybe because I liked Amanda and I miss her and Rigsby. I think I need some time to adapt me despite the (great) qualities of the episode.

I liked PJ called ABBOTT by his first name (Dennis). This proves that he treats of as an equal and wants to forge a link. It is a known psychological mécanime which PJ uses !!
I think this is very important for the future.

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 10:08 AM

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 12:30 PM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

Agent M......I love the idea that they MAY have used your stapler idea...impressed that you got an answer, they must have loads of people writing to them, so to get an answer is wow........can I have an autograph??????? biggrin

Would love to read your script.....it sounds good...I mean..I already know it has Jane, Lisbon and La Roche....3 of my favourite characters.

kabuky Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 4:51 AM | Message # 22
Surfie

Good episode and I love the interactions between Lisbon and Jane - friends! And Lisbon is free from having to contain Jane; he is someone else's problem now (Abbott's?) this leaves her able to scheme along with him (with limits)…. And no prison or RJ hanging about. The two are free to do as they please and it does not necessarily have to do with a murder of the week but a case of intrigue per week… Cho will have a heads' up on Jane but the rest of the team are naive (I believe short straw drawings are in the near future…).

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 7:49 AM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

I did like this episode very much. It's nice to see "new" Lisbon, laughing at Jane pulling one over on the FBI because hey it's not her head on the block any more. It's like a weight has been lifted from her.
Also okay it's totally bad but I couldn't NOT see the reused sets. Obviously the young couple's apartment was the attic set repurposed. And the rooftop garden was the rooftop cafe they often met at.
They did a much better job with the FBI set not looking like the old brick bullpen.
It'll be interesting to see them go all over the country (to places that look like CA) now.
Still continue to like Abbott. He's trying so hard not to be impressed. LOL.

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:40 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

I agree about the sets Justlook, I was playing the spot the old CBI set game too.....recycling....good for the environment!

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 6:07 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

And of course the elevator doors. Sets for major shows all have these sliding doors whenever they change location or exit. It always gives a sense of expectation, good or bad. I wonder if he'll get his couch back.

I was thinking also, that when Theresa is giving him a piece of her mind, sidekick and all, on the plane, he was truly saddened. It reminded him that in the episode where they were trapped in a container, he promised to never let her down, and here he had left her for 2 years at her worst time. Her tears when she saw her bullpen gone, her life perhaps in chaos, and no Jane to make her smile. I like the new Lisbon, she smiles more now.

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 9:43 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Quote Mossibecca ()
Agent M......I love the idea that they MAY have used your stapler idea...impressed that you got an answer, they must have loads of people writing to them, so to get an answer is wow........can I have an autograph??????? Would love to read your script.....it sounds good...I mean..I already know it has Jane, Lisbon and La Roche....3 of my favourite characters.

You know, Mossibecca...it's not the first time either! I sent a story to Simon and Bruno (called A Scarletti in the Study) in 2010 and asked them to somehow acknowledge it through the show if they liked it by using my name for a character or an idea from the story that I would recognise. I knew that most times they don't read unsolicited stories...so imagine my utter amazement that an idea for Jane going undercover on his own for the first time turned up in Jolly Red Elf (the S3 Christmas episode). They also used the same location of Walnut Creek that I had in my story! Now I know some people would scream "coincidence" but I don't believe in coincidences like that...especially as it turns out that they were actually filming that particular episode at the same time I sent my story! I took it as the most incredible Christmas present that I could receive!

As for reading my script...I'll post a link to both script and story in the fanfiction thread, as it's not really appropriate for this thread! Thanks for the interest...I just wish Bruno had an opening on his writing staff! biggrin

marta75 Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 10:17 PM | Message # 27
Rip Snorter

AgentM you're the best thumb and I wish you good luck with Mr Bruno Heller !

Evy Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 10:37 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

Follow the link to discover very interestings thoughs ! (We share a lot as we wrote in our comments biggrin )

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013....n-thumb

A question I ask myself : what is the connection with "Green thumb" and the episode ??

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:33 PM

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 10:57 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

A question I ask myself : what is the connection with "Green thumb" and the episode ??

In English, we have an expression that a person who is good with plants has a green thumb. Able, the killer and victim, was an avid gardener, thus the title.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:36 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

Thank you so much Justlook3. I understand now. In France the equivalent expression is "main verte" : GREEN HAND !!! biggrin

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 11-Dec-13, 11:38 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 10 Green Thumb (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz