Friday, 19-Apr-24, 8:17 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 10 Green Thumb (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
10 Green Thumb
Fran Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 1:00 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

6.10 Green Thumb - Press Release
THE FBI RELUCTANTLY ENLISTS JANE’S HELP TO FIND A MISSING COMPUTER PROGRAMMER, BUT HE WON’T HELP UNLESS LISBON IS BROUGHT ON BOARD, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, DEC. 8

“Green Thumb” — The FBI reluctantly enlists Jane’s help to find a missing computer programmer, but he won’t help unless Lisbon is brought on board as well, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Dec. 8 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET, 10:00 – 11:00, PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: It’s a whole new world for Jane – and for the FBI. Is this new arrangement going to work? #TheMentalist 12/8 10 PM http://bit.ly/1icXjqt

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)
Rockmond Dunbar (FBI Agent Dennis Abbott)

GUEST CAST
Emily Swallow (Kim Fischer)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Azita Ghanizada (Defiance Schneiderman)
Shannon McClung (Agent Collins)
Shane Edelman (Abel Schneiderman)
Alejandro Cardenas (Jose Martinez)
Francois Chau (Mr. Nguyen)
Matt Gossen (Henry)
Billy Malone (Agent Davis)
Sean Patrick Murphy (Agent Stanley)
Jake Vaughn (5 Year Old Boy)
Phong Tran (Mr. Lewis Henchman)

WRITTEN BY: Daniel Cerone
DIRECTED BY: Robert Duncan McNeill

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 4:35 AM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Thank you Fran. That picture makes me so happy.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 10:02 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Fran.

PJ gave up the vest ! New era ! New dress ! New style !
Welcome back Teresa biggrin

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 7:24 PM

Mcbabsi Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 11:53 AM | Message # 4
Jillaroo

It's so good to see them back "together" again! hands

shoelady Date: Wednesday, 27-Nov-13, 6:02 PM | Message # 5
Jillaroo

She is as always so well put together and here he is, still disheveled and without the vest, I wonder if that is going to be a constant or maybe we'll start seeing FBI Patrick; not!!!

Evy Date: Wednesday, 04-Dec-13, 3:59 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

SPOILER about PJ's next future !
http://www.tvguide.com/News....67.aspx

Peithon Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 6:14 AM | Message # 7
Rip Snorter

Fun episode. Reclaimed meat and onion water and the socks biggrin

bee Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 11:31 AM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

I liked this new episode but Oh! how I missed the warmth and cosiness of the bullpen! The FBI offices are so cold, clinical, impersonal, austere (I could go on) together with all its suited and booted inhabitants. Jane was correct when he said to Cho in My Blue Heaven..."Have you got a chip in your neck?". They all seem like robots! Jane, on the other hand, three months on, is still in detention, still wearing the same clothes and still minus his socks! Loved the fact that one visit and one word from Lisbon he is ready to leave this detention suite and go with her to solve a crime. That remark "Anything for you Lisbon" in Red Velvet Cupcakes springs to mind and I think he secretly likes to be bossed by Lisbon!

I found Fischer to be both condescending and cold and cannot warm to her at the moment. Like Jane she is used to getting her own way and I can see trouble ahead for these two. Jane solving the case in his own way and making the FBI look like idiots warmed my heart. (Does this make me a bad person?) His talk with Defiance about leaving her gypsy life for love reminded me of Jane leaving the carny life with Angela and also leaving his freedom on that island for Lisbon. Love conquers all.

Classic scenes: Jane escaping and painting his name on the road....how many FBI agents does it take to catch Jane? Hilarious. Cho meeting his new desk buddy, Jason Wylie (a new pairing here I feel). The scene on the plane with Lisbon telling Jane that "he hadn't been part of her life for 2 years" (although not strictly true because she had been reading his letters all that time) and Lisbon stating that not only had he run away from the FBI but he had run away from HER AGAIN and Jane realizing that he had hurt her yet again . Fischer telling Lisbon she thought she had Jane "all figured out" and Lisbon replying "welcome to my world". Lisbon giving Jane some money for some food. (Sometimes I feel she is more like his mother!) Jane and Lisbon exiting the elevator at the FBI and Jane exclaiming "Can't see a couch!". Gotta love him.

My favourite scene, however, was Lisbon telling Jane all his demands had been met and giving him a pair of socks that were handmade in Washington. He seemed genuinely overcome, even placing them against his cheek. Aww! Is this the first gift she has given him? A small 'thank you' kiss on the cheek wouldn't have gone amiss here but, hey, his remark "Let's see what trouble we can make" made up for that. The icing on his cake, was the fact that Lisbon had decided to work with him. I could feel his happiness and delight here. I think also that Lisbon realised that her move to Washington where the disappearance of a stapler was the case of the week, was not what she had in mind when entering the Force and she missed the excitement of real police work and Jane of course.

Not sure how Jane and Lisbon will fit into this new FBI environment with all its rules and regulations. Perhaps they will be given a cozy little office to share with a desk for Lisbon and a couch for Jane. We can but hope. I do think, however, this will bring them even closer together. I only hope that they are not followed everywhere by the FBI and thus cramping their style and the chemistry that Jane and Lisbon have together and that Fischer stops treating Jane like a child! (That's Lisbon's job). Can't feel any warmth towards this set up at the moment, it seems too austere but hopefully it will grow on me. Let's hope Jane and Lisbon together lead the FBI a "merry dance".

Can't wait for next year!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 09-Dec-13, 12:50 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 2:30 PM | Message # 9
Bee's Knees

I agree with you, bee. Good episode but the coldness is a bit worrisome. However, since Jane commented on this himself, I'm hoping that warming up the reboot is one of the story arcs.

Hayseed Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 5:01 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

Nice synopsis, Bee.

I'm glad Lisbon gave Jane the what for on the plane. She needed to do that to maintain her self respect. And I think it did sink in for Jane.
thus cramping their style and the chemistry that Jane and Lisbon have together and that Fischer stops treating Jane like a child! (That's Lisbon's job).

I like that they've made Fisher a controlling bitch. That way she can be the one scolding Jane, and Jane and Lisbon can be on the same side - real partners in rebel rousing crime fighting. (and Lisbon can treat Jane like a man - make of that what you will...heh)

The socks scene warmed the cockles of my heart.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 6:33 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

Another good one, the new TM rocks!!

I thought that the FBI not letting Jane see Lisbon or letting him have her letters was mean, and NOT the way to get Jane on their side.....I also liked how Lisbon stood her ground and both defended him to Fisher (who I found a little condescending....the office was...'adorable????....) AND pointed out that it wasn't Jane alone who closed cases in the CBI.

'If I can't live on my terms then I'm in prison anyway'.......so true, but so sad.

When Jane & Lisbon went into the FBI HQ they looked a little bit like Hansel and Gretel in the woods holding hands....both looked very apprehensive....they looked totally out of their comfort zone.

Lisbon didn't buy his performance when he was with the widow....she KNEW it was a con, and she may not have helped him escape, but she knew he was up to something....the glee in his face when he ran was lovely. It made me laugh that Lisbon was so disruptive in the briefing session and I think Fisher may be interested in Jane...I don't think she has a chance...she lied to him.

He was really enjoying his snack, and I liked how Lisbon pointed out that the FBI wouldn't be able to find Jane if he didn't want to be found. I was glad to see also that Lisbon told Jane that she thought he had abandoned her again, it hadn't occurred to him, but his face when she said she didn't want to work with him again, and that he hadn't been part of her life for 2 years....so sad, SHE had been part of HIS life for all that time, the letters and gifts, and I bet he talked to her in her absence.

I like the interaction with Jane and Abbott ...I think they will they will be good...Abbott was trying hard not to be impressed...but I hope that either Jane or Grace can crack that code soon, or they may just call his bluff.

Loved the sock scene, he was so touched that she had noticed his lack of them, and they were hand made, and obviously chosen with care.

If they carry on like this, I am hooked.....oh and I like the music too...familiar, but subtly different.

kul65 Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 6:41 PM | Message # 12
Cobber

Really liked the new direction. It felt as fresh as it should and I laughed a number of times during the episode, while also enjoying the return of Lisbon as a solid character. Well thought-out case and lots of good Jane moments. I think once the next season comes into gear there might be a few episodes again where the case is the first-hand plot and it should be interesting to see if they can be compelling enough again to drive the plot. The installments this season have all been good indications, but with not as high emotional stake as a full episode could have contained. From the affected characters' viewpoints, why do we want this particular case to be solved? That kind of thing.

I took the libery to jot down the names off Jane's Blake List. Some make sense. Others feel misplaced, in my opinion:

Gale Bertram
Reede Smith
Thomas McAllister
Miguel Cordero
Brett Partridge
Brenda Shettrick
Jason Lennon
Timothy Carter
Judge Manchester
Rebecka Anderson
Rosalind Harker

Message edited by kul65 - Monday, 09-Dec-13, 6:42 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 6:58 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

Jane is at it again with old cons and new ones. I like Abbott, he is a bit like Hightower with Jane, and he respected her. As for Kim, she has no chance with him and knows it, so she will have to change her tactics to get anything done. I'm wondering if Jane will get his motorhome or go back to that detention cell, with his couch., is Lisbon really joining the FBI as a consultant? And the list, is Van Pelt going to break it down so he can have his bargaining chip or is this like he did with Laroche when he lied about knowing what was in the tupperware? So many conjectures and so many roads this revamped Ment. I do hope he cleans up a bit, he still looks a bit homeless, I miss the vest.

Evy Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 7:06 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

I have a very mixed feeling about this episode. Even very strange.
I must review it with subtitles in French because I didn't understand everything.
I'll have a better opinion I think wink

Evy Date: Monday, 09-Dec-13, 7:14 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

For the Love of Socks

From TV FANATIC

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2013....f-socks

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 10 Green Thumb (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz