Tuesday, 16-Apr-24, 4:00 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 11 White Lines (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
11 White Lines
PJaneloke Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 5:09 PM | Message # 16
Surfie

I like Ivana explanation too.

I don't hate the episode but find it a bit off. I actually like it a bit better with second viewing. Like Bee, I miss the banter between Jane and Lisbon too. However, Ivana's explaination make a lot of sense. It is Lisbon who know Jane is up to something. It is Lisbon who found out about Krystal.

The shirts he hold up plus the one he was wearing all look the same to me! Haha!

The couch is back! Yea! I'm still sad about his car.

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 7:20 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Nice explanation, Ivana. Thanks so much.

It was definitely an odd episode, but I too found that it improves on reviewing. Even though the Jane/Lisbon banter was missing, she did show a lot of caring when she ran towards Jane at the end. The new format of the show is letting us see the characters, especially Lisbon, as fully rounded individuals who go to bars, etc. I am wondering who they will use to bring out the humanity in Jane. One of the problems with this episode, I think, is that it showed Jane being a liar (a very good one) for most of the time when he was interacting with that woman. I love the human, vulnerable, honest Jane. And thus, I am compelled to watch to see that person. Good job on keeping me hooked, Bruno.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 8:50 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

For me the episode was fine, not great, but I think that the writers and the characters are feeling their way, new relationships are being formed (Lisbon / Fisher, Jane/ Fisher etc) and existing relationships are being changed (Cho/Lisbon etc) I found it interesting how Cho seemed to bed very much in charge, and Lisbon seemed happy to not take the lead.....and not have to deal with the fall out from a Jane prank.

I liked how when everyone was at the crime scene, and all the agents were wandering around and doing their 'thing' Jane was making tea, had a quick glance around and found the third camera....Jane and Cho looked like proud parents of a precocious child, and Abbott looked like he was happy too, like his plan had come to fruition and Jane WAS going to be useful.

I enjoyed the banter with Jane & Fisher at the beginning, and how Jane basically badgered her into apologizing for lying to him....I guess he means on the island...he doesn't really care if she hid her trip to the psychiatrist!!....I think it feels a little off because Jane is also trying to find his place in the group, he needs to assert his personality...as he said in the first of these 'new' episodes, 'he needs to live on HIS terms or he is still in prison' so I think he will push for things to be done his way, and when the FBI people loosen up a little, so will he.

The car....I HOPE it was just a rental because he hasn't found a suitable quirky car to fit his personality, and not his permanent ride...that one had no soul cool

I am hopeful for the future of the series, I think it will bed in and although it will be different, I think the writers will come up trumps.

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 10:22 PM | Message # 19
Jillaroo

The COUCH is back! That is a good thing...

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 11:26 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Interesting little revue from tumblr by Consultantsandcoffee:

"On a positive note, 7 things I liked about this ep:

1) Kim knew instantly that tall blondes are not Jane’s type. She had the balls to question it, but not so much as mention a certain non-blonde we all love. She wanted to gauge his reaction. See what the deal is.

2) She brings up the type thing again with Lisbon. She wants to know if Lisbon seems jealous or affected by Jane’s date. When Lisbon says she doesn’t know what Jane’s type is, Kim gives her a look and Lisbon busies herself to cover up her embarrassment. Kim knows what’s up.

3) Jane asks both Lisbon and Kim to pick which shirt he should wear. When they both pick different ones, even when Lisbon changes her mind to agree with Kim, he still goes along with Lisbon’s choice. It’s subtle yet it shows he values her opinion over Kim’s. Maybe even a little selfishly wants to be dressed in something Lisbon chose (and therefore likes). He’s wearing the socks wink

4) Lisbon turned up at Jane’s date. Kim was there, obviously for detecting purposes, as she reinforces when she says ‘great minds’. But Lisbon is shocked and thrown to see her. Lisbon is there on a more personal level. Yes she wants him safe, but she’s secretly dying to observe.

5) Kim and Lisbon’s friendship. I think these two are gonna be really good friends.

6) CHO. He’s kicking ass and it’s HOT.

7) Cho and Kim befriending Lisbon and Jane. I feel that both Cho and Kim may play a part in Jane and Lisbon’s eventual romance. They’ll raise questions they both need to hear and push them gently in the right direction. I have a feeling these particular conversations may happen in a car lol.

So yes I know we barely had Jane/Lisbon screen time, but they continuously and subtly gave it to us in a different form. Their choices throughout the ep were somewhat affected by each other. And the type thing was almost certainly done to reassure that Lisbon is what Jane really wants."

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 07-Jan-14, 0:58 AM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

I wonder if he has gotten the motorhome specified on his list. He may still be sleeping in the building since he didn't seem to mind being in that cell. I'm sure his car is still in Malibu at his house, he could decide to go and get it, but Simon did say he really didn't like the car so Citroen bye bye. In the preview for next week, Cho tells him that he is still up to his old way, pranks etc. I hope TM doesn't become a comedy/cop show now that RJ is no longer an issue.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 07-Jan-14, 10:15 AM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

Incredible !!! Do you notice that :
At 22:00 of the episode (front of the house of Perez) it is Cho who orders to Lisbon to go to verify security cameras !! And she does !!

Tina Date: Tuesday, 07-Jan-14, 1:17 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

I really enjoyed very much watching this one ..AGAIN. I just love the new episodes. This season is the best. Okay, not much Jane/ Lisbon this time, but I'm sure it will be in the next episodes. They first had to start their new job, I liked the "girl power" of Kim and Lisbon. Seems they get along very well.
And hey, what would be PJ not being secretive and working alone? It would be strange if he would tell them anything.
I miss the vest a bit ...loved Simon in that outfit as I have stated many times, especially without jacket and rolled up sleeves.
Happy that the old couch is back! They really delivered it from Sacramento! Just to please Jane! Wow.
I have to say, I really liked Rigsby, but I don't miss him and Van Pelt very much.
Very excited about anything and I can't wait for the next one!

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 08-Jan-14, 11:48 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Enjoyed the episode. Not a terrific one, but a good one nonetheless. Lots of little things showing that things are being adjusted in this all new world for Lisbon, Jane and Cho.

angel Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 7:29 PM | Message # 25
Cobber

Well i watched it again today as needing to cheer up and for the life of me could not understand the bad reviews and hate for this episode. I friggin loved it. From start with jane n fisher banter about couch and other things was fab. Like fisher again. The murder was well played. Love how Cho is like the boss and giving orders. Go Cho. Jane picking up bad girl was funny and sweet. Loved the 'which shirt should i choose' scene. Ladies just amazed by him. But at dinner it was obvious that jane was on a mission. His quip that he never reveals his true self was the giveaway. But kudos to Brianna Brown for the wicked woman. God when she slapped that guy called him her bitch. Wow what a woman. Then she just murders him later without batting a eye. The staged siege at house was well played again and cho figuring it out. He is loving his new role. Lisbon n Fisher having drinks and being hit on by 2 nerds who quickly ran when found they were FBI. Priceless. These 2 girls work well together. When they were discussing what is janes type was funny. The end scene with jane and woman on boat was fabulous the way he revealed that he knew and when he was waiting for police to show and had to keep saying 'right now' had me in fits. Loved the dive off the boat. The last scene when the team had a go at him, even cho gesterly agreed with girls. Then them walking off and jane muttering to himself and the camera pans to his dripping feet was a fabulous way to end the episode. I just adore this season which makes me so more sad and angry if we don't get a s7 as it has done everything right yet as always cbs deems to punish the show like it has done since s2 and moving it. Heres hoping that if its down to last 2 dramas then this time tm will come out on top and like Criminal Minds last year will get the last spot but hopefully won't have to wait till after its over.

Tina Date: Saturday, 15-Mar-14, 9:54 AM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Criminal Minds did get the late renewal last year because of some contracts that had to be renewed. Otherwise they would have been on the early list like this year.
I'm really mad at CBS too. It's all their fault. It seems they didn't support TM from the beginning.

I like the episode too. I have to say, this year I really have liked every episode so far. And I love the new direction so much. Would hate it if we don't get more of it. Just this one more season! Is that too much to ask!?! When I look at some shows that got much more and were really really bad and boring.
It's just not fair!

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 15-Mar-14, 4:46 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Again, it's all about the money. CBS does not own TM, Warner Bros. does and so the money to be had in syndication etc is all WB. Advertising money is all CBS gets and it has been leveling off and the 18 to 39 y.o. viewers are just not there.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 11 White Lines (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz