Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 9:20 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 11 White Lines (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
11 White Lines
Evy Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 9:28 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

11 White Line Press release

“White Lines” — The FBI is tasked with finding the killer of several DEA agents, and Jane goes on a date with a beautiful woman associated with the case, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Jan. 5 (10:00–11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Things really have changed! Jane is going on a date! Where will it lead? #TheMentalist 1/5 10PM #CBS http://bit.ly/1brJEST

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)
Rockmond Dunbar (FBI Agent Dennis Abbott)

GUEST CAST
Emily Swallow (Kim Fischer)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Brianna Brown (Krystal Markham)
Mark Adair-Rios (Francisco "Paco" Perez)
Sterling K. Brown (DEA Agent Higgins)
Gareth Williams (DEA Supervising Agent Maloney)
A.J. Tannen (Mike)
Brian Konowal (Dale)
Michael Charles Vaccaro (Coroner)
Sammy Busby (Corpus Christi PD Officer)
Curtis Taylor (Krystal's Bodyman)
Sylvia Brindis (Cocktail Waitress)

WRITTEN BY: Ken Woodruff
DIRECTED BY: Guy Ferland

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 6:22 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 6:29 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Still no vest, and the beard. Jane is a happier fella. I wonder if Lisbon goes along on the date, after all she is his partner now.

kul65 Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 8:29 PM | Message # 3
Cobber

At first, I was kind of indifferent to the date plot. Figured it would be a ruse, and remained as excited for this episode as any other. Then I realized this is being written by Ken Woodruff, the man behind "Miss Red" and "Every Rose Has its Thorn". That is Lindsay Smith/Brook Harper and Erica Flynn. I am now very, very excited about this new love interest, no matter what her role turns out to be.

Glad to see Wiley returning. I have a feeling he's either being set up as a semi-regular, or he's being set up to be a bad guy or the victim of one. smile

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 10-Dec-13, 9:27 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

Great point, kul65, I am even more excited now! He also wrote War of the Roses and Fire and Brimstone. It will be fun! His episodes are realy well and sharp written, like one of my favorites Blinking Red Light and 18-5-4.

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 23-Dec-13, 3:46 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

Here is the promo. It looks very good!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v....outu.be

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 23-Dec-13, 4:15 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Love Cho's face when Jane answers his phone call! Looks like a funny episode.

Hayseed Date: Monday, 23-Dec-13, 5:06 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

It does look funny. LOL at Jane deciding between shirts.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 23-Dec-13, 6:15 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

Funny....looking forward to seeing this...Cho says so much with his expression!

Peithon Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 6:14 AM | Message # 9
Rip Snorter

Fun episode, Jane acting like the Jane of old. Like the Fischer Lisbon comraderie, and serious Cho.

Evy Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 10:19 AM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

BTS video White Lines
Gun fire flashback - Three cameras rolling

http://www.mobypicture.com/user/TA4TV/view/16430893

bee Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 1:05 PM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Oh dear! I may be in the minority here but I didn't like this episode at all! There was no Jane and Lisbon banter (and I don't just mean "of the romantic type") but Jane seemed to ignore her and go it alone in solving the case. Perhaps he wanted to show the FBI that he could solve the case on his own and therefore get his revenge on Abbott and Fischer, I'm not sure. He didn't even involve Lisbon, in fact he hardly spoke to her at all in this episode. Where was the closeness between the two we have come to love and expect? I thought he wanted to work "directly" with Lisbon but there was no trace of their previous partnership at all! In my opinion the relationship (and on-screen chemistry) between Jane and Lisbon (whether romantic or not) was a pivotal part of the show and what made it different from all other crime shows. To me this seemed like any other crime procedural and too impersonal. I know it's early days but I still MISS the camarderie of the old CBI "family". No mention of Rigsby or Van Pelt either.

I know Simon said this new format would provide new challenges for him but it seems to be at the expense of all that I have come to love about the show. I would liked to have seen more of Abbott! He seems to have gone off the radar somewhat. I believe him and Jane would make good sparring partners. Has Jane now become Fischer's Consultant alone. She does seem intent on giving him a hard time. Firstly she puts him in isolation for 3 months and refused him Lisbon's letters which was cruel. She argues with him about his couch being in the bullpen when in fact Abbott had OK'd it. Why is she being so difficult? I also missed Lisbon in this episode...we hardly saw her, will she be partnered with Cho now? sad

Sorry to have such negative feelings but I'm not really "feeling it" (as Jane would say) at the moment. As I say it's early days yet and hopefully I will enjoy it more in future.

On the bright side, I loved the scene with Jane and his "love" (the couch that is). Also noticed he was wearing the socks Lisbon gave him, so all is not lost!

Message edited by bee - Monday, 06-Jan-14, 1:16 PM

Ivana Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 2:43 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

I liked the episode. It didn't have the feel of old ones, but it's new enviroment and it supposed to feel little off, like when you are on the new job and still finding your place.

Bee, I think that Jane left Lisbon alone on purpose, to find her own place so she can show her own value to the FBI and not to be his sidekick as she said to him on the plane in the previous episode.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 3:34 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Quote Ivana ()
Bee, I think that Jane left Lisbon alone on purpose, to find her own place so she can show her own value to the FBI and not to be his sidekick as she said to him on the plane in the previous episode.

Yes, probably… It would be very Jane-like.

bee Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 3:38 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ivana your comment as to why Jane left Lisbon alone has made me feel a little better. After their close friendship for the past 10 years and the fact that Jane wrote to her while away for two years and said he missed her I suppose I expected a little more of that relationship to be shown. The whole context of the show has changed now, he dresses and looks different, his car is gone, he even has a new phone and I shall just have to persevere and go with it!

Evy Date: Monday, 06-Jan-14, 4:35 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Here is an analysis that summarizes all your thoughts, girls ! ok
I share the point of view of the author, I couldn't explain better my feelings about this episode !!

http://www.tvfanatic.com/2014....es-type

I asked myself the same question (at the end "A few sidetones worth mentioning")
"Was it just me or didn't both shirts Jane held up look exactly alike ?" tongue

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 06-Jan-14, 4:37 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 11 White Lines (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz