Saturday, 27-Apr-24, 2:25 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 15 White as the Driven Snow (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
15 White as the Driven Snow
bee Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 10:57 AM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

I can't see the article either, just the comments! Spooky!

Evy Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 1:31 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

Bee : I can't see the article either, just the comments! Spooky!

PJaneloke : Very strange! I can't see Eoghan Mahony's article but can read all the comments.

I don't know why the page has disappeared on CBS's blog site (????)

I posted a new link in my commentary and the text of the article wink

Message edited by Evy - Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 1:36 PM

bee Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 2:05 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Thank you Evy, much appreciated. biggrin

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 4:49 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I wonder if comments are read by the CBS blog people. Is it because of the comment of "Dagmar E" that Eoghan Mahony text has been deleted? Mayb it'"s just a technical problem. Strange.

Fran Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 9:03 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Evy, I always post the full text because it's easier to refer back to and also better for site searches smile

PJaneloke Date: Monday, 24-Mar-14, 6:40 AM | Message # 21
Surfie

I'm sooooo relief that they live!!! I will have to rewatch the episode to appreciate anything else! My heart was hanging high worrying about Risby and Grace the whole time! I'm very happy now.

bee Date: Monday, 24-Mar-14, 12:52 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

I enjoyed this episode immensely mainly because it brought together the old team once more and also concentrated on the one case, the kidnap of Grace. There was great suspense from the beginning to end and great performances from Owain, Amanda and William Mapother as Haibach. Loved it because it was reminiscent of the old days within the CBI where the whole team worked together and I miss the camaraderie between the team that was shown here once again.

I liked the way Rigsby went to Jane for help, Jane telling Haibach he had nothing to lose, meaning he would kill Haibach if necessary and the way in which Jane backed Rigsby up by tying up the driver, dressing as the chauffeur and disappearing with Rigsby and Haibach in the car. Jane placing the chauffeur's cap on the lawyer was hilarious even in such a stressful situation. Cho telling Abbott "We had nothing to do with it, but we would have if they'd asked" was Cho telling Abbott that they were still a team that stuck together whether FBI or not. You tell him Cho!!

In the end I thought that Rigsby had been killed and was fearful of Jane losing his fingers. Loved it when Jane looked at his fingers, momentarily counting them to see if any were missing! Gotta love him. Glad that Rigsby did not die and loved the scene where they were all gathered around Rigsby's hospital bed. Jane saying "You two take very good care of each other" and then winking at them, perhaps referring to Rigsby's remark in the bar when he said that he and Grace thought that he and Lisbon would "get together". I didn't think I would miss Grace and Wayne but in the end I realise what great characters they have been and I'm still hoping these new characters will grow on me but sadly I have yet to be convinced! Still not liking the cold and sterile FBI offices and even Jane's couch looks out of place to me. Too bad Grace and Wayne didn't take up Abbott's offer of joining the FBI though then we could still have that Cho and Rigsby banter.

The icing on the cake for me was Jane and Lisbon's banter at the end. Please don't separate these two great characters. Their relationship with each other, whether romantic or not (but I hope it is), is an integral part of the show which has been sadly lacking (for me) in some episodes. Their scenes together are priceless and go a long way to making this show the success it is and I hope for Season 7 to follow Jane's journey for a while longer.

Message edited by bee - Monday, 24-Mar-14, 4:46 PM

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 24-Mar-14, 4:49 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed the episode

They kept up the tension, and we didn't know it Rigsby would live until the end.

I was glad that Grace managed to get out of the cellar by herself...but what rotten luck to find yourself out....but nowhere useful, and THEN to hitch a lift with the person who put you there....Has Grace NEVER watched a film?????

William Mapother (?sp?) played Haibach perfectly....just the right amount of weird...and his lawyer...wonderful.

It was good to see 'The Boys' together in the bar, glad that Jane & Rigsby were friendly, and also glad to hear the question about Jane & Lisbon brought out into the open.....at least it was acknowledged.

I loved the banter at then end...I hadn't realised just how much I had missed it

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 25-Mar-14, 0:22 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

I agree with all comments made so far...*wistfully remembers the good old days*

"I can tell when you're not sincere now-" So reminiscent of the "I can tell when you're lying now" line from Season 3. Love it when Lisbon calls him out on something. Makes me smile a warm, fuzzy kind of a smile. Their relationship is so loving in a fraternal, yet flirtatious way. I don't want them to get together and "get it out of their system, then get on with the case at hand" to paraphrase a certain Australian. I just think their kind of relationship is the long-lasting kind - like best old friends who, no matter how long they may be apart, will fall straight back into step with each other as soon as they see each other. We're seeing evidence of that. Even though they've been apart due to the 'island years' and, more recently, team structure, they are still able to drop into the kind of banter they've always shared. That, my friends, is true friendship --- and is not to be tampered with by some primal urge. I know many of you will disagree with me on this point, but I just think what they have is more than enough. Bonds like that run deep - they do love each other, deeply, but not necessarily in a lust-driven way. I think they will continue to be there for each other even when one or both of them forges relationships with someone else.

As for Wayne and Grace...have to say, my breath did catch in my throat when lunatic-lady Hazel shot Wayne --- I think I only started breathing again when he reappeared Chuck Norris style (that one was for you, Owain - I know how you love your Chuck Norris references! biggrin ) Loved the terrified look on Jane's face and his girly pleas that he didn't want to play Haibach's game. I did chuckle when he checked his fingers. tongue

I didn't fall for the 'Oh no, Rigsby has completely lost his mind' tact when he and Jane had kidnapped Haibach, and I also figured the gun that fell from his ankle wouldn't be loaded - it was just such a Jane plan/ruse designed to make him think he was still in charge.

"It's not like I haven't kidnapped anyone before" made me laugh out loud! lol Jane's childish logic is always amusing. And I love the fact that he says it just to wind Lisbon up, but she doesn't rise to the bait.

Best things about the episode ---

* lots of tension but also light-hearted moments. (Simon has always said that one of the strongest things about the show is that balance they between light and shade and I totally agree with him.)
* Jane/Lisbon banter
* Cho's smile - he smiles more in this episode than I can remember ever seeing before - you could see how much he genuinely cares for Wayne and misses having him around.
* "Cherry Cobbler"!!!!!!!!

William Mapother deserves to be mentioned, he played the creepy, gloating psychopathic, former victim brilliantly. He certainly made my skin crawl whilst simultaneously making me want to smash his smug face into the desk in the interview room! And I'm a pacifist!!!!! Also kudos to Wily ---- he's gonna be running the team before much longer if he carries on like this. Definitely broke the case, all by his little ownsome.

Good to have the whole team working together again. I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. Well done to all. hands

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 25-Mar-14, 1:19 AM | Message # 25
Surfie

Finally can read the insider blog
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1002180/ -

"White as the Driven Snow" was a hard episode to write and shoot, but it was an exciting one! And in the end, it may be my favorite in all the six years I worked on the show. There's no body on the floor at the beginning of the episode, instead Grace Van Pelt, a beloved core character, has been taken and the rest of the team is desperately racing to find her. We're in scary territory here, but hopefully in a good and exciting way!

All of us in the writer's room are hyper-aware that a great part of the success of a show like the Mentalist is built on the bonds formed between the audience and the characters, and we're conscious of the responsibility we have to honor that. Writing an episode where I put some of your favorite characters (and ours!) in extreme jeopardy definitely gave me a few sleepless nights, but I hope that you all enjoy the end result.

Getting into production was a great relief, because I always know that our incredible cast and crew will transform whatever is on the page into something truly magical. This episode I felt extra lucky, because Chris Long was directing, and if you've been watching the show at all over the last six years, you know that if Chris Long directed the episode, it's going to be a good one (not that they aren't all good, but let's face it, he brings a little extra). He's a guy who comes up with great new ways of telling the story both large and small. My favorite in this episode was when he looked at me early on in the process and said, "I've got an idea that'll really make this episode look different from anything we done before." And he wasn't kidding! I don't want to spoil the surprise, but when you've watched, I think you'll agree that he came up with a location that really makes you go 'wow!.

Finally, I want to draw your attention to the performances given by Owain Yoeman and Amanda Righetti. This was an episode that demanded a great deal from them, emotionally and physically, and they rose to the challenge. I have been constantly amazed over the past six years by the work that our actors do and in this episode they all brought it. Simon and Robin are in top form as always, and our new cast members have jumped in with amazing enthusiasm. I hope you all enjoy the episode as much as we enjoyed making it.

- Writer Eoghan Mahony

Tina Date: Tuesday, 25-Mar-14, 9:52 AM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

I'm so happy nothing happened to Wayne and/ or Grace. I was so worried, and when Wayne got shot my heart always stopped.

This was really an action episode, I was completely overwhelmed at the end. I also felt sad ...Even though I didn't miss them too much in the last episodes ...I really liked Wayne and Grace, they will always be a big part of TM.
I was also sad because this could be the last week of shooting ...ever ...for TM. And this episode was SO good! And to think about it that maybe only 7 are left. I just can't get over it.

This was one of the "hammer" episodes for me! Can't wait to watch again this evening, then a bit more relaxed, knowing everything ends up well.

marta75 Date: Friday, 28-Mar-14, 11:34 PM | Message # 27
Rip Snorter

A very good episode for me well balanced between light and shade as AgentM said and a nice gift to Owain and Amanda for their last scenes.
Beautiful landscape in the snow with a mysterious and almost magical atmosphere as a fairy tale.

Evy Date: Saturday, 29-Mar-14, 7:55 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

I enjoyed the episode. I was sad when it ends !

I think : Haibach hacking computers... Hum... Very incredible for me and why to kill Ardiles and JJ Laroche ? What is the motive ? We haven't had any explanation. That's a shame.

I loved Ben, "young Rigsby" (Rigsby's son). To cute and like to him.

Tinamarianne : I really liked Wayne and Grace, they will always be a big part of TM.

You're right !
No more Rigsby and Van Pelt. I cannot believe it ! The last time we watched "the old team" together sad

Message edited by Evy - Saturday, 29-Mar-14, 7:55 PM

June Date: Saturday, 29-Mar-14, 10:14 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

Quote Evy ()
I think : Haibach hacking computers... Hum... Very incredible for me and why to kill Ardiles and JJ Laroche ? What is the motive ? We haven't had any explanation. That's a shame.

Yes, I thought the same. It's more than weird. For the first time in all these years I felt stupid, like "Ok, guys. Are you kidding me? Do you really want me to believe that Haibach is the mastermind behind these crimes? No way". Nothing makes sense. The Blake association has been mentioned in recent interviews, explaining that they would be related to all this, which had been logical. What happened? Maybe there will be some explanation in next episodes but I'm not sure about that.
I'm happy Van Pelt and Rigsby are fine but the resolution of the case was totally absurd. Shame.

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 29-Mar-14, 10:55 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

The most disturbing for me was Rigsby shot twice in the chest but still alive… blink

Otherwise, a good episode. And the actor playing Haibach was great!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 15 White as the Driven Snow (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz