Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 10:31 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 14 Grey Water (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
14 Grey Water
Ivana Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 3:05 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

The Mentalist Insider's Blog: "Grey Water"
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1002093/

Posted on Mar 11, 2014 04:00pm

“Grey Water” was one of the most challenging episodes of “The Mentalist” I’ve written. In a typical show, there is one main story that we follow – the “A” story, as we call it. Usually this revolves around finding a dead body and Jane figuring out who the killer is. In “Grey Water,” the “A” story brings us to a small town in Texas, where an anti-fracking advocate has been found murdered.

While this is going on, there’s another sub-plot. Often the sub-plot, or the “B” story, is much smaller and less significant. But in this episode, that wasn’t the case. The “B” story is about the continuing investigation into who is killing former members of the CBI team. Scene for scene, it occupies nearly as much space as the “A” story.

This is a long way of saying that there is A LOT going on in this episode. Even though creating these two big stories and finding ways to weave them together took a great deal of work, I think it makes for a great result. There’s no wasted space. The action just keeps hurtling forward. All and all, it makes for an exciting hour of television.

While there are a number of great scenes, I have to say my favorite part of the show happens in the first few minutes. We find Rigsby, Van Pelt, and their daughter Maddy at home in San Francisco. Without giving away any spoilers, it’s a pretty cool sequence. So make sure you get to your TVs by 10 PM. You don’t want to miss a minute. (I guess you could record the show, but isn’t watching live so much better?)

Hope you guys enjoy!

Writer David Appelbaum

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 5:11 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Thanks for posting this Ivana, an interesting article.

syriana13 Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 11:21 PM | Message # 18
Dinkie-Di

New sneak peek
http://www.eonline.com/news....voting?
but I can't see it cry

Hayseed Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 11:29 PM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

It's not just you, syriana13. Eonline has screwed up somehow. Or it's a cruel joke. LOL

syriana13 Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 11:44 PM | Message # 20
Dinkie-Di

I always had problems with this site, I don't know if because of my location or just the site sad

Fran Date: Saturday, 15-Mar-14, 0:55 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

This link to the Sneak Peek works for me: http://uk.eonline.com/news....-voting

Raven Date: Saturday, 15-Mar-14, 6:47 PM | Message # 22
Dinkie-Di

Can't see the sneak peak

Evy Date: Monday, 17-Mar-14, 12:26 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

I watched the episode this morning. The beginning is so creepy.... as the end.
I have to watch again with the subtitle to understand more.
Nice to see the "old team" together again. Cho and Rigsby... When I see Fischer and PJ investigate together, I have the feeling that it's another series... I miss Lisbon/Jane.
Now, it isn't the same. I think (like many people, I have the nostalgia at each episode) sad
I enjoy PJ neater and Simon with short hair biggrin

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 17-Mar-14, 12:32 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 17-Mar-14, 12:39 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

I have to rewatch again, but I got the clear impression that Lisbon has been avoiding Jane. I think they're starving us for Jane/Lisbon moments because they're saving up some really good stuff in the remaining episodes.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 17-Mar-14, 6:00 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

Not a bad episode, but not a great one.

I liked the beginning, VERY much full of tension, and action.

Liked the Cho/Rigsby banter, I hadn't realised how much I had missed it

Was nice to see Grace helping Wiley, she looked tired...exactly how she WOULD have looked if all that had really happened to her....well played.

Wand...I got that impression about Lisbon avoiding Jane too, when they talked about going for a drink....and she didn't go, i would have expected them ALL to get together...after all Grace & Rigsby aren't in town long.....

Tina Date: Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 9:47 AM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Not a favorite, but it was nice to see the old team back together. I miss the Jane/ Lisbon scenes and I would have loved to see another scene in the trailer, but I hope it will come in the next ones.

A bit strange for me was that Rigsby and Van Pelt have been attacked, almost killed, there is a killer after them all, and Jane works with Kim on another case instead of helping to find him? Really? I mean Jane is the best possibility to find the killer.

All in all, good but not very good. But I will enjoy every single minute of each episode ...who knows how long we get new scenes ...

And I really like Abbott! Would love to see more of him and less of Kim. I don't mind her, but Abbott is much more interesting.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 9:48 AM

Evy Date: Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 10:10 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

I watched a second time.
Correct me if I'm wrong : I just realized that Jane had not seen Van Pelt and Rigsby since he killed Red John.
And when he meets them in the offices of the FBI, NOTHING. Just "Good to see you guys". He was distant and cold. I drinks his tea..... I would have preferred him warmest.
I found that the old team was gathered together but the "spirit" that united them was gone. sad Except for Rigsby and Cho, always funny partners.

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 10:49 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 10:33 PM | Message # 28
Bee's Knees

I've been thinking about this scene as well, Bee's Knees, and I think perhaps it was meant to show that Patrick Jane is emotionally frozen. Perhaps he's afraid to venture into the world of feelings again. But based on the previews for next week, I have a feeling that he does wake up. Patrick was so cold and bored for the entire episode that I can't help feeling that the writers are planning a big change for him.

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 11:33 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

Well, the 'A' storyline wasn't a hard one to figure out, really. I preferred the 'B' storyline involving all the old suspects. I feel that, as this is the more important case, the elimination of most of the suspects seemed a bit rushed in order to narrow it down to Haibach.

Jane's interaction with the old team --- yes, it was a little cool, but then Jane never really likes to show his true emotions anyway. I agree that a previous Jane would have featured more in the case to find the killer of his former colleagues --- he would definitely have been more vocal about this I think. Not sure what the writers are up to regarding this --- I haven't seen or heard any previews for next week but judging by the end of this episode, it would certainly be enough to waken up any warm and caring feelings that he may have for Rigsby and Van Pelt.

Loved the opening scene with Rigsby protecting his baby daughter. Also found his little repartee funny, with Cho about wanting to drive and Cho refusing to let him. Ahhhh the good ol' days!

The anti-fracking case was topical but lacked any real exciting developments and was, it seemed a bit of a distraction. Either I'm becoming an expert detective or they are making it easier to work out who the killers are these days, but it seemed really obvious who the culprit was in this one. Motive wasn't as obvious, it seemed to come out of nowhere. The red herring that was John Hutton was fairly easy to figure out too. I even figured he had a tag before Rigsby and Cho were told. Simply from him saying, 'It'll be good to get out of the house' when they told him had to go with them.

As for the ending, well, I knew it was coming as soon as we saw Van Pelt sleepily answering her phone and then Wayne telling her he loved her! That is a sure-fire clue that something bad is going to happen. And the hooded figure creeping up on her reminded me of a certain crimson-named killer....but no...it can't be him - Jane killed him, remember?! (lol, I still don't think Partridge is dead and is gonna reappear - ha ha.) Would be a great twist though...

As for Lisbon and Jane...I agree that the writers have been widening the distance between the two of them - although I like the fact that Lisbon has placed her desk directly in front of Jane's couch. Maybe they are using the coolness between them as a way of hinting at Lisbon's jealousy of Fisher -- although I believe there is a touch of the green-eyed monster going on, I also get the feeling that Lisbon enjoys having Fisher around and that they could, perhaps, be good friends one day. Why didn't she go for drinks with the guys, was she deliberately avoiding Jane? I don't know. I guess time will tell.

Overall, disappointing 'A' game but fab to see the CBI family back together again, albeit for a short-lived period of time. A stepping stone - We are building up for something much bigger, that's for sure.

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 18-Mar-14, 11:52 PM | Message # 30
Bee's Knees

I too found it disconcerting that Grace and Wayne did not really give Jane a second thought even though it has been over 2 years. Perhaps the fact that Lisbon did not share with them that she heard from him regularly during his south American escapade had hurt them deeply also, I remember their cold reception when they rejoined him in Las Vegas. I hope they warm up to him soon,
and the hooded guy was really creepy, I'm guessing Heibach, and not the "Walking Dead". So far this new reboot has not begun to thrill me.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 14 Grey Water (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz