Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 11:47 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 14 Grey Water (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
14 Grey Water
AgentM Date: Wednesday, 19-Mar-14, 11:22 AM | Message # 31
Bee's Knees

Sylvia, wouldn't this be classed as a spoiler??? I hadn't know it, as I try to avoid them.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 19-Mar-14, 11:55 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

You're right AgentM, I've edited Sylvia's post to put that part of her comment inside a spoiler tag.

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 19-Mar-14, 5:02 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

This was discussed before.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 19-Mar-14, 5:16 PM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

Quote sylvia5993 ()
This was discussed before

Only in the Spoiler thread which some people avoid. Episode discussion threads must not reveal spoilers about future episodes.

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 19-Mar-14, 8:27 PM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran. smile

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 20-Mar-14, 1:10 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

The episode was not bad, but the "A" story (the case) was quite boring.

First scene at the Rigsby was great, it's been a long time since we haven't seen a good suspense on TM.

The reunion of the ex-CBI team: Lisbon welcoming VP and Rigsby, like a mom hugging her kids, and Cho hugging them too was so nice, but Jane? What was that? blink
Why so much coldness between Grace, Wayne and Jane? I can't understand it, whatever hypothesis I try to built. For Christ sake, they were nearly shot dead, and he haven't seen them for more than 2 bloody years, and they sacrificed their job for him when they were standing up to Abbott and his team the day Jane killed RJ. So why making Jane act like that? He's not an extrovert OK. And I can understand VP and Rigsby are too shoked and worried to be careful with hugs and loud endearments, but he is so… out, it's hardly credible.

I suspect Jane is taking the case Fisher brought, because 1- he doesn't have too much choice ; 2- being involved in an investigation where people he liked (JJ Laroche and the Rigsbys) are shot/threatened must remind very painful memories and years of his life he wants to forget.

But the case was boring. Writer should have concentrate on the ex-CBI investigation instead.
Of course there was funny scenes: the way Jane makes a fool of Fisher was rejoicing, and the culprit talking to a gas pump was great.
Must add that it's interesting that TV shows start talking about hydraulic fracturing and the unfortunate consequences it has on environment and politics. My "green" side was happy!

The ex-CBI investigation about the potential suspects was good, but again Jane was off, and the only - almost - scene between Jane & Lisbon lasted 5 seconds and consisted in Lisbon rolling her eyes at him. angry
It's quite frustrating.
Ok, I'd say like Agent M, they are pulling them apart for some reasons, to reunite them later. Right? huh

The things I liked the most was Abbott behaviour toward Lisbon… I love Abbott! He knows Lisbon is a good cop (better than Fisher, I feel sorry for her in this episode, she looked like a real moron) and I enjoyed that. And he played his part in Jane's plan at the gas station, showing he really trust Jane.

About the lack of interaction between characters (Jane/Lisbon, Jane and the guys), after reading a few things here and there on the Net, I understood that this episode was shot before and after the Christmas hiatus. And apparently, Simon Baker was the last to come back to work after the break, when the others were already on set. So Robin Tunney took her vacation before Simon, and went back before him.
This time lag may explain why they couldn't shot scenes with the actors because one of them was missing, and why the writers have to write a scenario that took their absence into consideration.
If all this is the truth, that explains a lot, so I would be more accomodating happy
If it's bullsh*t, I'm a bit disapppointed. The end of the season is near, and we know it may be the LAST, so I felt we lost precious time in the process of the drama/story.

Oh I sound bluesy, do I? happy

Fran Date: Thursday, 20-Mar-14, 2:04 PM | Message # 37
Fair Dinkum

I’m used to swimming against the tide so it comes as no surprise to me that I have a different opinion to most people on this episode.

I enjoyed the plot of the week, actually I preferred it to the previous episode. I love watching Jane’s antics, they’re the reason I watch the show, so I suppose they will always be my highlights.

I do agree that the first Rigsby/Van Pelt scene was very good and I enjoyed the Cho/Rigsby banter, but the bit I found rather boring was the tracking down and eliminating of the suspects on the shortlist.

Like others, I was also a bit surprised at the cold Jane/Rigsby/Van Pelt greeting, but it seemed to me there was a distinct air of embarrassment amongst all 3 of them.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 20-Mar-14, 2:24 PM | Message # 38
Fair Dinkum

Yes, I think the idea of the plot of the week was good, the hydraulic cracking environment, pollution, corruption etc was interesting. It's the way it was solved I found a bit botched.

Quote Fran ()
the bit I found rather boring was the tracking down and eliminating of the suspects on the shortlist.

That's right. We've already seen that (the "trust your instincts" line and the eliminating) in an other pisode. Not very original. There was a good rythm and action though.

Quote Fran ()
t seemed to me there was a distinct air of embarrassment amongst all 3 of them.

They didn't even look at Jane in the eye! I know this cold BI office - and the circumstances - was not the ideal place for a happy reunion, but it was disappointing. Jane is a complicated character written with a lot of consistency, but here he is translucid.

Remove his antics in the resolution of the case (that I enjoyed too), there is not much left in this ep from the complex, moving and seductive Jane we know.
Hope it was a transitional episode, and that the next will stick to the characters we love!

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Thursday, 20-Mar-14, 2:38 PM

AgentM Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 1:56 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

lol...I think I'm definitely turning into a conspiracy nut...my theory that Van P's hooded figure could be RJ returned from the dead just got a little stronger when I noticed the name of the motel she was staying in.........Rose Mountain.

Rose = shade of red
Mountain = something that rises up from the ground

surprised Oooooer just sent a shiver down my own spine! lol tongue

(Yes, yes, I know they killed off RJ, but wouldn't it be a cool twist? - Certainly would be something that would be talked about a lot --- like all the hoopla surrounding the revelation of who RJ was. CBS take note!!!) tongue

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 4:54 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

Yes Agent M, and I am almost sure it's Partridge that has lent his hoodie to RJ tongue

AgentM Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 6:08 PM | Message # 41
Bee's Knees

Ah well, my dear DS... Partridge has not 'lent his hoodie' as you suggest...mais, non....it is Partridge himself who is the hooded claw!!! lol batman lol

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 6:27 PM | Message # 42
Fair Dinkum

Well that McAllister was a real second-rank amateur. A partridge is NOT afraid by pigeons. wink

AgentM Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 6:33 PM | Message # 43
Bee's Knees

Exactement, mon ami!!!! Exactemente! (is that even a word, or did I just invent it?!) lol tongue

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 23-Mar-14, 6:39 PM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

Exactely! smile

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 14 Grey Water (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz