Friday, 26-Apr-24, 6:25 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 13 Black Helicopters (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
13 Black Helicopters
Evy Date: Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 7:33 PM | Message # 31
Fair Dinkum

Patrick jane has new shirts but only one pair of socks it seems ! It's not practical to wash them every night ! tongue
I hope he will wear very soon those that Tinamarianne has knitted !!

Message edited by Evy - Wednesday, 26-Feb-14, 7:34 PM

Tina Date: Thursday, 27-Feb-14, 10:00 AM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

Oh Evy, I doubt it but it would be so wonderful!
But now it's his own fault if he has to wash his socks every night tongue
He has an alternative and could wear his second pair.
The socks he wears sure look handmade.

Message edited by tinamarianne - Thursday, 27-Feb-14, 10:00 AM

Evy Date: Thursday, 06-Mar-14, 0:42 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

Cho Smiling?? in "Black Helicopters" S6 E13

Cho might smile once a season, so get ready for it this Sunday at 10/9c on The Mentalist !

http://www.cbs.com/shows....37

Fran Date: Thursday, 06-Mar-14, 11:58 AM | Message # 34
Fair Dinkum

cbs: The Mentalist Insider's Blog: "Black Helicopters"
Posted on Mar 5, 2014 03:30pm

613 - Black Helicopters

Erika Green Swafford

As someone who spent their formative year in Texas, (I’ve got the awkward “Go Texan Day” school photos to prove it.) I was intrigued when we decided to base the new FBI team out of Austin. Everyone has pre-conceived notions about Texas - the big personalities, the wide open spaces, the ten gallon hats… the glorious barbeque. For my first episode in this new, post-CBI world, I wanted to write something that gave a nod to some of that iconic Texas.

The episode was directed by the super talented and fellow Texan, Randy Zisk. As we moved further along into production, all sorts of secret Texans and lovers of things Texan started revealing themselves – from the guest cast, to members of the crew, to people who provide services to the show. A distinct drawl began to form within the conversations as we connected through our shared love of frito pies, queso, kolaches, and Blue Bell ice cream. Thankfully, Texas delicacies were in short supply at craft services or someone would have had to roll me home everyday.

We are still introducing the new world to you all and there will continue to be new characters and locales that will enrich the episodes and make recurring appearances. In “Black Helicopters” you see the first appearance of Jane’s Airstream. This silver streak has personality plus and is ready to roll. To be honest, I think it needs its own series. (A crime fighting Airstream? Yes, please.) It plays heavily in this episode.

During the shooting of “Black Helicopters”, which took place just after Thanksgiving, the world lost the inimitable Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela. (Rest in peace, Mr. Mandela.) Several months prior to the shooting, as I was formulating the story, I had the idea to put one of the characters in a “Free Nelson Mandela” T-Shirt. Our fantastic costume department made that a reality and it gave a lot of people on set pause as a scene with the T-shirt was filmed on the day reports of Mr. Mandela’s passing came in.

I decided to title the episode “Black Helicopters” in reference to the paranoia that takes hold of certain people when they see them flying in the air. It’s a theme that runs through the episode along with some interesting revelations about the team.

I thoroughly enjoyed working on this episode and hope y’all like it too.

Yours in bbq brisket on butcher paper,

Writer Erika Green Swafford
http://www.cbs.com/shows/the_mentalist/news/1002054/

Evy Date: Friday, 07-Mar-14, 0:05 AM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

6.13 Black helicopters
TV line : Exclusive First Look: The Mentalist's New Digs !

http://tvline.com/2014....copters

Message edited by Evy - Friday, 07-Mar-14, 0:13 AM

Tina Date: Friday, 07-Mar-14, 9:57 AM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

I'm so excited. Looks nice. I'm happy Jane has finally a new home. We haven't really seen him "home". Hope this changes now.

Hayseed Date: Friday, 07-Mar-14, 5:04 PM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

I am very excited about the Airstream. A personal space for Jane that isn't a self imposed prison.

amanda Date: Saturday, 08-Mar-14, 7:47 PM | Message # 38
Cobber

Patrick Jane has a beautiful home now. The van gives him freedom.
I cant't wait the new episode. The hiatus was tooooooooooooo long.

Ivana Date: Monday, 10-Mar-14, 7:30 PM | Message # 39
Fair Dinkum

So, has anyone watched BH?

It was funny and sad episode at the same time. PJ is in his full mode, cracking case and granting secret wishes. He was very charming and the gifts and responces were great. We got to see him in his new motorhome (it's beautiful) and in some casual clothes and different shoes (sexy). The case itself was not that good but it was interesting to see Jane solving it without violence and appearing in unexpected places. Sad parts: JJ and through the whole episode PJ was missing and looking for Lisbon.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 10-Mar-14, 9:15 PM | Message # 40
Bee's Knees

I enjoyed the episode, I liked how he was getting gifts for his friends...how the heck did he know that Cho liked jumping beans????

I loved the scene with Abbott and his Voltran....It looked like he thought that Fisher was going to suggest that he give it back....he is growing on me, Fisher......not so much, but I have the feeling that that is what I'm supposed to feel.

I liked the bit where Jane whittled the group down to the final few and focused on the red herring (I thought it was him) toflush out the woman.

The part where the owner of the ranch said he took to the bottle and Jane more or less said it had happened to him, I can imagine that it did....(Jane always says you have tell some truth for people to believe the lie.)

BUT....JJ....I am not sure that I can forgive them for that....I shouted to him....he didn't hear me!!! So sad sad

On the whole, a good episode, and one that I will enjoy watching again, but not one that is up there with the greats....but so far, this season is shaping up nicely

AgentM Date: Monday, 10-Mar-14, 10:41 PM | Message # 41
Bee's Knees

Noooooooooooo, JJ!! Mossi, I was shouting too! Damn them for making me miss the man and then bringing him back and now I have to miss him all over again. sad

Liked the episode...especially liked PJ in his casual attire - were those brown Chelsea boots Simon's own? They looked very familiar. And as for the blue chambray/denim shirt? Phooey, I love them anyways but to put SB in one ---- those in charge of wardrobe need a very big THANK YOU! biggrin

The ep wasn't any great mystery, I figured out who the killer was when I saw her peering over at Fischer when she was tasting the peanut butter. I know they were trying to make us believe it was the guy, but they can't fool me! lol - been solving their crimes for too long now for that one to work on me. tongue

The Airstream is pretty cool and the sofa actually looked fairly comfortable - They usually look hard and uncomfortable to me - though never having been in one, I can't really be too judgemental. Loved the moment when Jane appeared out of the tunnel all dishevelled and disoriented from the brightness of the sun (after walking for 1000 yards in the pitch-black tunnel). Cute - and the gifts for Cho, Wiley and Abbott made me laugh. Fischer's gift was sweet, but what I loved the most was Lisbon's knowing smile when she saw Kim with her gift - she knows that Jane is working his magic on them all - little-by-little. The wand scene kinda reminded me of the episode where he bought Lisbon a pony for her birthday. Come to think of it - wonder what he bought Lisbon from Mexico? There is no way he would have left her out - maybe we'll find out in future episodes?

Loved the fact that, not only does he have his leather couch back (and in pretty much the same place on the set as it used to be), he also has his books creeping in - on the windowsill. It won't be long before his lamp reappears and ...can I hold out hope for the wooden Wise Monkey that used to sit on the filing cabinet near Cho's desk? I so loved that monkey!

The title was well-chosen -- fits in well with the paranoia most militant separatists suffer from. And it is common to the FBI --- Mulder and Scully and all that jazz! The idea that they wanted a kind of freedom fits well with Jane, he is still seeking the freedom to live a life without boundaries. I'm sure a part of him was drawn in to the idea of standing against the authorities - his subversive nature would be a perfect fit with them.

All in all, not the best episode ever, but an entertaining one. It's good to see the Jane of old returning and dishing out his little pressies to people. It's a little like a puppy marking out his territory and the things that belong to him. Remember the toy dinosaurs for Cho and Rigsby? Could Jane be seeking more innocent times by finding the inner child in his colleagues, thereby releasing his own inner child a little? He does get a lot of enjoyment out of watching people suspend their daily beliefs once in a while. I love that about him...but then on the other hand, he is sneaky enough to use it against them too! Gotta love that man!

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 10-Mar-14, 11:13 PM | Message # 42
Bee's Knees

And don't forget leaving Fisher behind just as he has done before with Lisbon, too funny. The plot was a bit thin, kind of reminded me of the island where people went to hide and Jane flushed out the murderer. I'm glad he solved the murder without the FBI causing a huge incident. Loved Cho's smile. Missed his working with Lisbon, she would have rocked the peanut butter people. And poor Laroche, hated the job but still wound up dead because of his involvement with the CBI and the Blake Assoc. and of course Jane.

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 1:31 AM | Message # 43
Surfie

I was so sad to lost LaRoche to appreciate anything else...love everything everyone said about the episode but JJ at the end broke my heart. Have to recover from that...

Tina Date: Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 9:59 AM | Message # 44
Fair Dinkum

I too shouted to La Roche to be careful that there is a trap ...but it was too late. I started to get a bad feeling when he was driving to that place.
Yes, these must be Simon's shoes, he wore them on several paparazzi photos, and I think also in the talkshow with Tavis Smiley. They sure look a lot like these ones.

I was very sad about the ending, is he really dead? I love La Roche, and this really made me unhappy after I had enjoyed so much watching this episode.
Are they killing off all old characters? So many good ones are gone now with Styles, Partridge, Bertram (yes, I really LIKED Bertram before all this happened).
I'm really worried that something happens to Rigsby or Van Pelt now (and that Owain tweeted it's his final episode EVER ...can't he come back for a guest part?) ! I don't think I could forgive Bruno if he does that. Would make it so hard to watch the old episodes. And now it will be hard to watch the ones with La Roche ...

But I really loved the episode! PJ in casual outfit, what a wonderful change. And he was sooo PJ in this one. The thing with the gifts was so sweet. And I remembered that I loved this jumping beans too as a kid. I had totally forgotten about them. PJ even gets Abbott to act like a little boy in this one! They all start to like him. So Cho wasn't right to worry about the FBI getting along with PJ (or PJ with the FBI).

I liked it how he solved the crime, like in earlier times.

All in all, a really good episode, except the end.

Evy Date: Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 11:04 AM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

I liked when :
- PJ asks to Fischer : "where is Lisbon ?" and when he looks around in the office of the FBI to search her (he missed her !)
- he gives gifts especially to Abott. Remember episode 6.10 when Abott says to PJ in his office before he opens his mails : "I'm sure that some any people find this side of you endearing. But I'm not one of them !" He changed his mind now !! Bravo Patrick
- he uses the hammer (I've seen this scene somewhere.... tongue Simon with an hammer !!!)
- his airstream
- Fischer learning "Patrick jane's working methods" !

I disliked :
- Fischer, new partner, and Lisbon setting aside
- JJ's death (so sad, PJ will feel responsable because he asked him a favour into cooperating with Rigsby and Van Pelt)

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 13 Black Helicopters (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz