Saturday, 20-Apr-24, 2:46 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 13 Black Helicopters (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
13 Black Helicopters
PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 3:31 PM | Message # 46
Surfie

I know this might sound ridiculous but I really wish even after the end of TM, every time it think back on LaRoche, I will think of him sitting contentedly in his living room with his cute little white dog. I wish I can just erase the last scene in 6x13 frm my memory. sad

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 3:31 PM | Message # 47
Fair Dinkum

A good episode. Not spectacular, the case really fell in the "meh" category. But there are a lot of elements in it that make it very interesting.

First a good amount of humor. Jane was shiny and FUNNY and I liked it. Reminded me the first season.

The Airstream is a top. The " Silver Sovereign " biggrin
I wonder who in the TM team has had the idea of that old motorhome, but it was an amazing idea. Now Jane has a home, and it's related to his past life, it makes total sense with his character/personality/history.

And childhood is an underlying theme in the ep. All the gifts Jane made are related to childhood (even the Airstream his related to his childhood, so the circle is complete here).
The gifts: the Jane's Seduction Tactic in full swing!
And it works, apparently (Ah, Cho smile!). His efforts to become part of the FBI team are touching, but they are also productive. And they make the new team (Abbot, Fisher & Wiley) more human, more consistent. This new workplace was so cold, remember? Now, Jane has his little nest on the corner and it warms the place - have you noticed all his books behind the couch's back? And the lamp? happy

I've read comments of people complaining because Lisbon didn't get a gift. Come on! Well first she already had a pony a few years ago, a gift also related to her childhood dreams. And no gift now doesn't mean Jane forgot Lisbon. I think it just means he doesn't have to seduce her like the others because he's already seduced her. It just shows things are different between them. His gift stays elsewhere. In the letters he sent her, in the job she was offered by the FBI (even if she rightly think he shouldn't have decided for her), in their special relationship. Well it's just the way I see it, maybe I'm wrong… Maybe he will give her a gift in the ep 14?

I loved Fisher learning the hard way how Jane is functionning. Stuck alone at the market! Made me smile when she went to complain in Abbott's office. Lisbon would have never done such a thing! Never! tongue And I'm happy Abbott finally comes to appreciate Jane.

Quote Evy ()
I disliked :
- Fischer, new partner, and Lisbon setting aside

Evy, I think this is precisely a pivotal element in this episode: the goal is to oppose Fisher to Lisbon. Fisher tries to be the leader, but fails. Lisbon on the contrary was a natural leader to her team. Fisher tries to control Jane but fails. Lisbon suceeded (most of the times). When Fisher leaves Abbott's office upset because of Jane's behaviour and because he doesn't answer her phone calls, Lisbon comes in and just says she was on the phone with Jane a few minutes before… "What's her problem?" she adds. Ironic (and a bit cruel even).
You don't have to hate Fisher. She's just written has a foil to Lisbon. To remind us - and Jane - that Lisbon is Jane's real partner. Yes she's irksome. But she's just trying to do her job, believing she could do miracles. That's why Jane offered her a magic wand!

I liked how in his discussion with Alex, the bearded man, Jane used elements of truth in his lies: he says that he has no place to settle down, that if a man wants justice and freedom in this world he's got to get it himself, that he turned to the bottle for support too (i suppose he did sometimes).
He shows his self-loathing when Alex says that they help good people: he reacts by shaking his head and says "oh I don't know", implicitly meaning that he doen't see him as a good person. Then Alex adds "You can't stay on the road for ever Patrick, you got to let it take you to some place". I liked how the suggestion makes Jane pensive: even if he's playing a character, I'm sure it hit a nerve.

That makes me think about how he's disappointed when Lisbon doesn't show up in Mexico. Or when she refuses to jump in his "silver bucket" to ride to Gentry questionning people (he rolls his eyes saying "it's Fisher then"). It seems the writers deliberately choose to have less Jane/Lisbon scenes, making Jane longing for more investigations and time with Lisbon - and the audience too! I'm sure it's made on purpose. I think Agent Pike and his crush on Lisbon (or the other way round, we don't know yet) will be the drop that made Jane's cup run over…

Laroche being shot was a cold shower. I loved his character! And Jane is indirectly responsible of this accident. Will he feel guilty for this? As if he doen't have enough guilt in him already… The writers are mean!

All in all I enjoyed the ep 13, and Jane being his true self.
But I wish they were more carefull with the case of the week. It was a bit sloppy.

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 4:03 PM

Evy Date: Tuesday, 11-Mar-14, 11:49 PM | Message # 48
Fair Dinkum

I've just read again the first page of this thread. We all were so happy of the return of Laroche. I'm sad now. Poor JJ.

amanda Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 10:10 AM | Message # 49
Cobber

I think Fischer isn't nasty, but awkward. In my opinion she is not attracted by Jane and Lisbon doesn't have to fear. wink
The airstream must remind Jane the time when he was traveling with his father.

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 10:59 AM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

DS_Pallas,
The Airstream is a top. The " Silver Sovereign "

I think that Jane named it Silver Sovereign just for the case, in order to bond with the peanut butter people, because they think of their land as "sovereign".

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 4:09 PM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

Maybe, but sovereign is the name of some models of Airstreams.

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 5:19 PM | Message # 52
Bee's Knees

I will miss Laroche, and wonder who gets the little dog, surely not Lisbon.

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 5:23 PM | Message # 53
Bee's Knees

Nope, definitely not Lisbon. LOL

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 7:41 PM | Message # 54
Fair Dinkum

Quote Hayseed ()
Maybe, but sovereign is the name of some models of Airstreams.

Yeah but "Silver Bucket" sound much funnier! tongue

amanda Date: Sunday, 16-Mar-14, 9:44 PM | Message # 55
Cobber

Good episode
I enjoyed very much the Airstream, the gifts given by PJ to the FBI team, Fischer abandonned on the market. She has to learn how PJ is working !
The case wasn't very exciting and I missed the two partners Lisbon and PJ.
I hate the death of Laroche. So sad the last words for his dog.
Can't wait the next episode.

angel Date: Thursday, 27-Mar-14, 5:01 PM | Message # 56
Cobber

Yet another glorious epis. Great start then going back. Jane in his element. Great to c the airstream. What did lisbon call it? Loved side story with the gifts. Aaw poor fischer left til last. Cho with his jumping beans. Wiley with his toy. He was like a kid. So lovely. Abbott cracked me up with robot. Fischer was getting ignored. The case well jane saying 'no matter what, don't shoot' n the look when he got out tunnel. Liked how he made his way into to the commune. How he always called Lisbon. Love her 'peanut butter people' line. Jane taking naps on couch, airstream. Liked the way he sussed out the murderer. She was cold. But end 1st fischer got her wand. So lovely. Then harsh reality poor laroche killed and he mentioned his dog. So sad. Loved him. Loved this epis

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » 13 Black Helicopters (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz