Thursday, 18-Apr-24, 8:31 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Season 7 SPOILERS
Fran Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 1:12 PM | Message # 196
Fair Dinkum

And another interview with Tom & Josie from TVLine = SPOILERS especially about Ep 7.10

Fran Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 1:17 PM | Message # 197
Fair Dinkum

And yet another interview with Tom & Josie from TVGuide - SPOILERS especially about Ep 7.10

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 2:38 PM | Message # 198
Fair Dinkum

Make me think again how an amazing job Josie Loren did at portraying Agent Vega.
Hope I'll see her in the future in other roles. She's a great actress.

PJaneloke Date: Friday, 06-Feb-15, 5:45 PM | Message # 199
Surfie

I really really like Josie Loren too and think she did a fantastic job. I didn't expect to like her...having great reservation for most of the new characters frm TM 2.0. But she totally grew on me. Would have love to continue to see her for the last three episodes but may be now her character is even more memorable.

Fran Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 10:09 AM | Message # 200
Fair Dinkum

TVGuide Mega Buzz: Will The Mentalist's Series Finale Be a Happy Ending?

Wednesday's The Mentalist featured a tragedy that could very well end Patrick Jane's career as an investigator. But don't worry -- the show isn't looking to go out on a sour note.

"I don't think I'm giving away too much when I say it's going to be a happy ending," creator and executive producer Bruno Heller tells TVGuide.com. [Simon] Baker is a ferocious man and was pushing for: 'No, let's take him out!' [Laughs] But the beauty of being able to end a series when and where you want to is that you can deliver a happy ending. The last episode will be a kind of joyful encore, as opposed to a whimpering exit."

While specifics of the finale are being closely guarded, Heller says that viewers shouldn't expect a grand departure from the theme of the show. "We didn't want to play any games with the audience or try to be too clever," he says. "We just wanted to do justice to what the show was always about, which was a man heroically finding light in the darkness and being strong enough to keep moving toward that light. The end of the show was consistent with the tenor of the show."

And will Jane move toward the light with longtime partner Lisbon (Robin Tunney) by his side? "We want to give the fans a great ending -- something that's worthy of all the time they've invested in the show," Tunney says. "I feel like [the finale] treads new territory and that the fans are going to be satiated. It gives it an ending, and it does give you an idea of what these people's lives are going to be after."

http://www.tvguide.com/news....poilers

Fran Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 10:10 AM | Message # 201
Fair Dinkum

I have to say I disagree with Simon about this, so I'm glad he lost this particular battle with Bruno. Jane's death would have ruined it for me and I'm sure for many others. I agree with him that Jane started out as a tragic character, but that doesn't mean he has to end that way. Although I've never been totally convinced about a Jane/Lisbon romance, following Jane's journey from the darkness into the light has been one of the things I've enjoyed most about the show.

Tina Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 10:29 AM | Message # 202
Fair Dinkum

I totally disagree with Simon too! I'm really happy Bruno decided to make a happy ending. A sad ending would have ruined the whole show for me. I couldn't enjoy watching my DVDs anymore if something would have happened to Jane or Lisbon.
It would have been a betrayal to all the true fans of the show who want Jane to be happy. And I'm sure it would have ruined the whole TM fandom that I expect will go on for many years.

bee Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 11:38 AM | Message # 203
Fair Dinkum

I think Simon is alone in his thoughts on a tragic ending, it wouldn't work for me either and I'm so glad Bruno didn't agree with this. It's far more fulfilling to see Jane come full circle and find love again after such a traumatic past, than it to simply end in tragedy. What would have been the point of the show? TM is supposed to be entertaining (and it is) so to have a tragic ending would have been devastating for me. There's so much doom and gloom in this world today, so to watch and follow Jane cope with life after such a distressing and painful past (for so many years) which finally gives him a ray of hope for a better future can be nothing but good in my eyes. Perhaps if it were a 2 hr film on the big screen then I could live with a tragic ending but not having followed his story for 7 years of my life! Sorry Simon...

redbird Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 3:50 PM | Message # 204
Dinkie-Di

I know that I'll probably be a minority of one on this topic but I think I have to agree with Simon on this one. I don't see Jane as a "happy ending" character. I do agree that it's been wonderful to see Jane come full circle from being a tragic, broken man to finding a new love in his life but I just don't see that love being able to survive. Especially after all of the angst between Jane and Lisbon in the last several episodes. I don't doubt that they truly love each other but they seem to have such different priorities in life that I see them more as star-crossed lovers never able to have the lasting relationship with each other that they both dream about. I trust the creative team but I'm not sure how you go from "I can't take this anymore. I'm leaving" to a happy ending in just 3 episodes without it feeling forced.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying that I think that either Jane or Lisbon should die. I just don't think that a happy ending works for Jane. But who knows - maybe I'll feel differently once I see the next episode ...........

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 4:54 PM | Message # 205
Bee's Knees

Thanks Redbird. Someone who agrees with me and Simon. Teresa has always been self reliant and jut cannot give up this control, I see that. Jane however is willing to give up his own for her but just cannot bear the thought of losing again. Hopefully they can resolve this dilemma but I wish the series would have ended with a note of wistfulness that the fans could interpret in their mind. I'm thinking of when "The Guardian" ended, the fans were left to speculate on their own on Nick's future with or without Lulu.

PJaneloke Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 5:11 PM | Message # 206
Surfie

I don't think I can take it If Jane ended up dead. I will cry my eye out for every rewatching of TM...not sure I can take that. At the same time, I can't take too much sweetness in TM either. Bitter sweet will be my choice.

June Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 7:06 PM | Message # 207
Bee's Knees

I have to confess that I always thought that Patrick Jane would die. I had that feeling for a long time. For me it was his fate, he loved his wife and daughter too much and nothing could change that. I saw Jane dying along with Red John, like "Moby Dick". I don't know if Simon thought in Jane's death when he talked about him as a tragic character but obviously, Bruno and the writers didn't have a happy ending in their minds when the series began. So, I'm with Simon. But in spite of all, I'm going to enjoy the great happy ending with all of you, with a huge box of tissues beside me. cry

redbird Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 9:11 PM | Message # 208
Dinkie-Di

Gosh, I really thought that I would be the only one here who agreed with Simon ....... but despite my opinion, I too will just sit back and enjoy what's yet to come.

However, I do wish that CBS would stop spoiling everything. What they did with this last episode should be considered criminal.

simonsurf Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 10:39 PM | Message # 209
Blow-In

I'm sorry but I agree with simon baker!!

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 07-Feb-15, 11:20 PM | Message # 210
Bee's Knees

I always prefer a happy ending, so I'm happy Simon Baker got overruled. Living a life is much more challenging and rewarding, I think, than going out in a blaze of bittersweet glory. And I can continue enjoying my dvd's happily, knowing things end well.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz