Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 10:33 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 05 The Silver Briefcase (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
05 The Silver Briefcase
Fran Date: Wednesday, 03-Sep-14, 10:53 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

05 The Silver Briefcase

A CHANCE ENCOUNTER WITH A MILITARY COLONEL LEADS JANE TO REOPEN A CLOSED MURDER CASE, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, DEC. 28

“The Silver Briefcase” – A chance encounter with a military colonel leads Jane to believe the soldier is hiding something, leading him to dig into closed murder case of the man’s wife, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Dec. 28 (9:30-10:30 PM, ET/9:00-10:00 PM, PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Jane investigates a soldier based on a hunch but is his target 2 powerful to cross? #TheMentalist 12/28 9:30ET/9:00PT http://bit.ly/1tUtcUv

REGULAR CAST:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

GUEST CAST:
Wiley Pickett (Aaron Raymond)
Jama Williamson (Denise Cortez)
Brandon Fobbs (Zach Jefferson)
Lisa Kaminir (Linda Berry)
Allison Dunbar (Judy Lomax)
Daniel Edward Mora (Detective Rios)
Cheryl Bricker (Nicole Raymond)
William Charlton (Rear Admiral)
Delpaneaux Wills (Soldier)
Jimmy Carlson (Man)

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper
DIRECTED BY: Simon Baker

Allie Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 5:45 AM | Message # 2
Blow-In

THE VEST IS BACK

http://instagram.com/p/s01vsgzTWR/?modal=true

Message edited by Allie - Friday, 12-Sep-14, 5:46 AM

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 10:50 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Wow… can't believe it. Thought it was gone forever with the "old" Jane.

The question is: is he wearing it for a special occasion, or is it back for good? Interesting. Thanx Matt! (and Allie)

kim Date: Friday, 12-Sep-14, 4:19 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

In the other thread a throwback episode was mentioned. I loved "Red Dawn", but hope that was the only throwback. I am greedy and only want stories that move forward for Lisbon and Jane.

kul65 Date: Tuesday, 23-Sep-14, 9:36 PM | Message # 5
Cobber

But guys... If it's a throwback episode, maybe *wishful thinking* they'd invite Amanda and Owain back.

Peithon Date: Tuesday, 23-Sep-14, 10:47 PM | Message # 6
Rip Snorter

Just saw three BTS photos...is Lisbon's pony back?

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 24-Sep-14, 4:12 AM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

I thought the same thing, Peithon. Sure looks like Lisbon's pony.

Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Dec-14, 11:17 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

1st post updated with Press Release.

AliceR Date: Friday, 05-Dec-14, 2:25 AM | Message # 9
Blow-In

Am I wrong or is he not wearing the wedding ring in that picture?

Hayseed Date: Friday, 05-Dec-14, 2:50 AM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

I think it's still there.

Peithon Date: Monday, 29-Dec-14, 11:52 AM | Message # 11
Rip Snorter

A very tightly directed episode, the washing hands scene, MacBeth, right away you knew it was murder, No music other than the chop chop of the fan blades. A nod to Columbo, murder at the beginning and how to prove it the body of the show. Liked the mystery as to who actually killed at the end and especially Jane's declaration that he doesn't care. A classic Jane moment as is the bickering at the end. Another top job by Simon.

June Date: Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 12:46 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

Fantastic episode. The episodes directed by Simon have some special, he's a perfectionist. There is so much love in this one since the beginning until the wonderful ending! Classic. By the way, I love Abbott. Forever. He's the best.

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 1:10 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

Great episode! I loved every frame of it. It was like a movie, standalone, with interesting story intervened with the all classic Mentalist moments and dialogue yet felt so different and fresh, with great rythm and flow.
Every frame and every word had it's purpose along with the visuals, with lot's of silver and steel.
Lot's of great scenes that serves both the story as well as character development (my favorite "Time waits for no man ... or woman") but the beauty of Silver Briefcase is that all of them are woven tight into classical piece of good old fashion storytelling.
I am so proud of Simon and all his talents and so very sorry that this was his last directed episode of The Mentalist. So looking forward The Breath!

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 1:35 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Very nice review. It's long, but here is the first pragraf:

Holy hell, guys! Was “The Silver Briefcase” the best episode of the season, or what? Simon Bakes has been directing an episode per season since season 3, so I knew – suspected – that this one would be a treat (all the previous ones were), but I certainly didn’t expect it to be this brilliant. It’s impossible not to feel his touch in every scene, every frame, every line of the dialogue. And on top of that, it was quite amazing to see the cast enjoying themselves – it made the story sing!

The rest is here

http://www.theplotbunnies.com/2014....iefcase

kim Date: Tuesday, 30-Dec-14, 4:40 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

Ivana- thanks for the link. I really enjoyed the review. She sums it up nicely! I love that every episode so far has a reference to relationships. Some little snippet or aside from Simon about lovers, illicit affairs, office romance. And then he grins and looks at Lisbon. He also has a different aesthetic for the visuals than the other directors, love it. I also enjoyed the moment between Jane and Vega when he's teasing her about Wylie's crush on her and she put her hand up to his face and said stop it. I wonder if that was scripted. I think she actually blushes. I'm not sure that it's my favorite episode this season, I'm still very fond of the season opener, but it's definitely the episode with the best visuals.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 05 The Silver Briefcase (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz