Friday, 29-Mar-24, 1:09 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 07 Little Yellow House (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
07 Little Yellow House
Fran Date: Thursday, 02-Oct-14, 11:43 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

7.07 'Little Yellow House'

A MURDER INVESTIGATION BECOMES PERSONAL FOR LISBON WHEN HER BROTHER IS THE KEY WITNESS, ON “THE MENTALIST,” WEDNESDAY, JAN. 14

Rob Belushi and Derek Phillips Guest Star as Jimmy and Stan, Lisbon’s Brothers

“Little Yellow House” – A murder investigation becomes personal for Lisbon when she learns that her underachieving younger brother, Jimmy, is being sought as a key witness, on THE MENTALIST, Wednesday, Jan. 14 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network. Rob Belushi and Derek Phillips guest star as Jimmy and Stan, Lisbon’s brothers.

CHEAT TWEET: Ready to meet Lisbon’s brothers? Unfortunately 1 of them may be going to jail! #TheMentalist 1/14 8pm http://bit.ly/13xylMy

REGULAR CAST:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

GUEST CAST:
Robert Belushi (Jimmy Lisbon)
Derek Phillips (Stan Lisbon)
Milissa Sears (Karen Lisbon)
Tom Gallop (Charlie McInnis)
Jeremy Ratchford (George Holiday)
Michael Cory Davis (Benjamin Bennett)
Janelle Marra (Vicki Shell)
David C. Scott (Nathan Barnes)
Romi Dias (US Attorney Julie Sandoval)
Ryan Churchill (TJ Mullins)
Anthony Ma (Hotel Clerk)
David Barge (Bartender)

WRITTEN BY: Marisa Wegrzyn
DIRECTED BY: Ed Ornelas
Spoiler tv

Fran Date: Wednesday, 14-Jan-15, 0:16 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Oops sorry Kim, got confused and deleted your December post of the Press Release by mistake facepalm

kim Date: Wednesday, 14-Jan-15, 4:36 AM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

Fran No worries! laugh

kim Date: Wednesday, 14-Jan-15, 8:44 PM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

Promo photo from 7.07:

Hayseed Date: Friday, 16-Jan-15, 3:35 AM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

Really? No comments on this yet? I loved it. Loved it. Very, very sweet.

On a pure "Simon Baker beauty appreciation" scale, it has to rank right up there. That backlit swagger walk into the bar to meet Lisbon was a thing of rare and uncommon awesomeness.

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 16-Jan-15, 5:17 AM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Hayseed., I enjoyed the episode very much, and have watched it a number of times already. And I too noticed that moment of rare and uncommon awesomeness of Patrick's entering the bar. And I really love the way that they did the very last scene. Who would have thought that Lisbon could be so shy? Each episode leaves me wanting more, and I am very sad to think that the show is more than halfway through its final season.

Peithon Date: Friday, 16-Jan-15, 9:31 AM | Message # 7
Rip Snorter

It was weak in the plot department - they could have had so much more fun a la Red Handed, but overall it was a pleasant episode and they didn't overdo the couple aspect. The ending was sweet, but I am much more interested in Jane's family than Lisbon's. Show has been lacking in edge, but it looks like things are getting darker judging from the promo. And whatever did happen to Michael Kirkland?

Fran Date: Friday, 16-Jan-15, 11:15 AM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

I've watched the episode a couple of times and enjoyed it very much. To be honest I didn't have high expectations of this one because I'm not particularly interested in Lisbon's family. But actually I think it was less about her family and more about Jane & Lisbon's relationship. We saw some of Lisbon's vulnerabilities and insecurities and we saw Jane supporting her and helping her to overcome them. It was a reminder that Lisbon is also messed up, and I like that we're seeing a balanced relationship which is a 2-way street, mutually supportive and equally dependent on eachother.

I thought the plot was pretty good, clever in parts but with just a couple of weak elements. And I liked the opening with Vega, reminded me of some of the early episodes. Apart from all the obvious Jane/Lisbon relationship scenes, I also loved seeing Jane in the background playing with the baby, so sweet and so natural.

Ivana Date: Friday, 16-Jan-15, 12:43 PM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

Hayseed,
On a pure "Simon Baker beauty appreciation" scale, it has to rank right up there. That backlit swagger walk into the bar to meet Lisbon was a thing of rare and uncommon awesomeness.

beautifuly said Hayseed!

I agree, Fran. Didn't expect much but enjoed it, very feel good episode.

Tina Date: Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 9:00 AM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

Finally watched it yesterday after a really annoying day at work ...I always have to wait til it's posted on itunes Canada, because I bought my season pass there.
But I figured out now (if anybody is willing to pay for watching the episodes in high quality) it is available at itunes Germany now (and I guess in other countries too) a day after the episode aired in the US.
All the years before it wasn't posted in Germany until it aired on tv in Germany. Happy they are finally making some progress there!

What a great episode. I loved it. Like Fran I was worried this would be a Lisbon episode, but it was more a Jisbon episode.
Vega is great, I liked Emily Swallow, but the character of Fisher was just not interesting at all. Vega is much better.

What can I say about the end scene ...just so nice, sweet and touching. She has never said the words yet? So it really was about time!
Loved Jane with the baby, but Simon with kids is always great and shows how much he loves children. That whole scene was just beautiful, and what makes it absolutely perfect for me was to see Simon one more time just with shirt and vest. I SO love that outfit on him, but he hardly ever takes that jacket off anymore! So I was really really happy about that.

All in all, another great episode and it makes me sad that there are only 6 episodes left.

June Date: Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 6:32 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I have to say that I love this season more and more, it gets better every week. This episode is brilliant, fantastic. It's not about Lisbon's family but about "family", what that means, for Jane and Lisbon specially. Last scene is touching, they are so sweet! I'm enjoying this season very much because it's a gift for all the fans. And it's so close to the end...
Simon is incredibly handsome in the last episodes and as Patrick Jane is better than ever. So talented!

AgentM Date: Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 7:34 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

I'm sad to say that I'm finding this final season lacking...never ever thought I would say that about this show. Just feel that the plots are nowhere near as strong as they used to be. I miss the manic unpredictability that used to follow Jane wherever he went...I guess the reason it's no longer evident is the writers' way of showing that he now has more balance and is not spinning out of control anymore...and I get that and I'm glad Patrick is finally veering towards a degree of contentment but still...

Y'all know I'm not a shipper...yes, I know there have been some touching scenes between the two of them and yes, I want them both to find peace, balance and love in their lives, but I still can't bring myself to like the new version of their relationship.

This episode was watchable...yes, Simon was absolutely gorgeous in it (even more so at times than usual) but it was still lacking. I so want to feel at the end of each episode that desperate need to see the next one, but I'm just not feeling it. I find myself having to remind myself to see if the latest episode has aired yet and that makes me so sad. I love this show, I love the characters, I love the writing and I love the way the whole thing was put together and created, but at the moment, I am just merely liking it. sad I just hope that it doesn't all end up with a wedding! I think that would just about finish me off!

PS Did Abbott mention that the DA was called Sandival? Wasn't that the name of the woman who interviewed Kristina Frye and who ended up being murdered by RJ? Not really a common name - coincidence or just laziness?! Or am I just mistaken in my forlorn state? sad facepalm

amanda Date: Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 10:38 PM | Message # 13
Cobber

When I'm watching Simon with the baby, I imagine him in Grandfather with Stella's baby tongue

June Date: Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 11:14 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Do you think we'll know more about Jane's family before the show ends? This episode brought that to mind and I think not to do it would be a huge mistake. His mother is a big mistery and we don't know what happened with his father after Jane left.

kim Date: Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 11:17 PM | Message # 15
Bee's Knees

I just re-watched the episode. I loved it. I was not expecting to like so much, as the adverts led me think that this would be more about Lisbon and her family. But I like that they used it as a vehicle to give us more about Patrick and Teresa and push their relationship to evolve. I really enjoyed the Vega and Wiley scenes, they are fun together. Vega is spicy Cuban and Wiley is a bit clueless. I am grateful that we got some lovely shots of Simon, the bar, the picnic with the baby and the final scene with Lisbon. I enjoyed the storyline. As M said in her post the plots don't seem as strong, but I am willing to overlook plot weakness if the rest of it drives the characters in new and different directions. I really feel like the writers and directors are taking risks that they might not have felt free to before. Lisbon as psychic? Fun, but not as effective as Simon. I like that the dynamic of strong Teresa and passive Patrick are getting flipped around a bit.

My disappointment came at the end when she said "it" and they didn't at least hug or kiss. What couple has ever said those words to each other and not embraced! Shipper, non- shipper, doesn't matter. It's what we do as humans when we love someone else.

I was so happy at the end this episode and then they aired the promo for 7.09. It instantly took me down with the "only 6 more episodes". AAAAAARRRGGGGHHHH, why did have to do that, we all know how many are left, we can count. No need to remind us how few are left to air. Shut your pie hole, CBS.

I am very pleased that the viewing numbers are going up again. I can't wait to see 7.08!

Message edited by kim - Saturday, 17-Jan-15, 11:19 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 07 Little Yellow House (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz