Friday, 19-Apr-24, 6:05 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Le Mentalist de A à Z by Frédérick Rapilly
Le Mentalist de A à Z by Frédérick Rapilly
June Date: Wednesday, 22-Aug-12, 7:37 PM | Message # 31
Bee's Knees

CURIOSITIES

-Isabella Acres is the name of the actress that plays Jane’s daughter in the episode 5 season 1, “Redwood”. She has acted in “Hanna Montana”.

-The real CBI in which Bruno Heller was inspired to create the series, merged with other Californian Agency in 2007 to become the Bureau of Investigation and Intelligence (BII). The regional unit is based in Sacramento. They investigate what is called “Worst of the worst”, acts of terrorism, child exploitation, unsolved violent crimes, shootings in which police is involved and organized crime. They don’t use officially mediums, mentalists...

-Simon Baker has compared Patrick Jane’s personality with Bibi Lapin’s, a cartoon character by Walt Disney from the movie “Song of the south”. This kind petty thief, a great con-man, gets out of all situations thanks to his cleverness and craftiness rather than force. This is one of the references that Bruno Heller used to create the character. He appears in “Who framed Roger Rabbit”.

-According to the critics, the William Blake’s poems “The Tyger” and “The Lamb” from “Songs of Innocence and Experience” makes you wonder: Is God good?

-Tim Kang studied the “Bible” of the real CBI’s interrogation techniques to prepare his character.

-In season 1, the car used was a Citroën DS 21 Pallas from 1971 rented to a collector from the Valley of San Fernando but it was constantly broken. For season 2, the Warner Bros Studio bought and made to bring from Germany a Citroën DS 20 Pallas automatic from 1972. It was red and was painted metallic pale blue. According to some fans, that color matches perfectly with Simon Baker’s blue eyes.

-Bruno Heller admits that he was inspired by the pairing of Bruce Willis and Cybill Shepherd in “Moonlighting” to write the relationship between Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon. He reserves the right to make progress the relationship to an eventual romance, knowing that “put them together” would mean the end of the show.

-Differences between Patrick Jane and Columbo: Columbo drives a Peugeot 403 and Jane drives a Citroën DS; Columbo has a very sloppy look and he doesn’t doubt pretending he’s an idiot, Jane’s look is elegant and he’s an arrogant person; in “Columbo”, the most important question about the crime is to discover “how”, in “The Mentalist”, “who”; Columbo doesn’t have personal reasons to make his job, Jane works with the CBI to catch the man that killed his wife and daughter; Columbo is just a police, he doesn’t have money, Jane was a wealthy man in his past; Columbo drinks black coffee, Jane drinks tea.

-Simon Baker worked as a barman in a pub in Sydney, “Regent”, owned of the Russell Crowe’s family. He used to rest in his old bedroom.

-Bruno Heller says: “Patrick Jane is a character that needed a natural charisma, an attitude that couldn’t be imitated. We were looking for someone with the Cary Grant’s look and Simon Baker was always the first on the list. He is the leader of the team but he never shows it...”

-Differences between Patrick Jane and Sherlock Holmes: Holmes is described by Arthur Conan Doyle as a bohemian in his look and attitude, Jane is an authentic dandy except for his old shoes; Holmes has some addictions, smokes a pipe, some cigar and cigarette, he uses cocaine and morphine, Jane has just one addiction, tea; Holmes likes martial arts, combats of saber and sword, he is a terrific boxer, Jane is not physically brave; Holmes is a calculating person, he sees the relations with women like a challenge to his intellectual ability, Jane uses the seduction for both men and women.

Fran Date: Thursday, 21-Mar-13, 2:00 PM | Message # 32
Fair Dinkum

I'm just posting this comment to bump this thread up the list, because I know we've had a lot of new members since June did this for us and people may not find their way to it buried amongst so many other threads. I don't want them to miss out on some very interesting information.

June Date: Thursday, 21-Mar-13, 3:10 PM | Message # 33
Bee's Knees

I thought the same thing days ago, Fran. I read in some post that some members asked about the names of the characters and why they had those names, so I suggested them to read this thread but I think nobody did it. I hope they see your post and enjoy the great interviews.

Thank you, Fran.

Hayseed Date: Thursday, 21-Mar-13, 4:21 PM | Message # 34
Bee's Knees

Thanks for bumping this. I had not read it. And thanks for the translation, too. Wonderful interviews.

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 21-Mar-13, 11:02 PM | Message # 35
Bee's Knees

On a similar note, I was just listening to Peter Bradley Adams CD which includes the song "Darkening Skies" and reflected on the episode in season 2 when RJ's accomplice kills off the team who had inherited the RJ file so Patrick could get back to being his antagonist. I always wondered why his accomplice was named Rebecca, was that intentional? Any comments out there.

sorchauna Date: Friday, 22-Mar-13, 5:53 PM | Message # 36
Jillaroo

Thanks a million for directing us new members to this!

258pce Date: Friday, 22-Mar-13, 8:50 PM | Message # 37
Cobber

great background. Thanks for highlighting this thread as I, too, had not seen it before.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Friday, 22-Mar-13, 10:28 PM | Message # 38
True Blue

Quote (sylvia5993)
On a similar note, I was just listening to Peter Bradley Adams CD which includes the song "Darkening Skies" and reflected on the episode in season 2 when RJ's accomplice kills off the team who had inherited the RJ file so Patrick could get back to being his antagonist. I always wondered why his accomplice was named Rebecca, was that intentional? Any comments out there.

I love this episode!
Well, there must be something, but I don´t know - only thing I know is, this song especially in this episode somehow touched me and made me blow the dust off of my guitar and play again.
I was also wondering if the name was coincidence (wich we all know doesn´t exist...) - There must be something behind it cool

Geli Date: Saturday, 23-Mar-13, 2:14 AM | Message # 39
Surfie

Don't know if there is any connection: Rebecca (Rebekah) mentioned in Genesis, the first book of the Old Testament, chapters 22 and 24 to 27, was married to Abraham's son Isaac, their sons were Jacob and Esau.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebecca_(given_name)

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Le Mentalist de A à Z by Frédérick Rapilly
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz