Friday, 29-Mar-24, 10:11 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Do you want a member of the core cast to die at the end?
Do you want a member of the core cast to die at the end?
Should a team member die at the end of the show?
1.Yes, Patrick Jane[ 1 ][5.56%]
2.Yes, Teresa Lisbon[ 0 ][0.00%]
3.Yes, Kimball Cho[ 0 ][0.00%]
4.Yes, Wayne Rigsby[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.Yes, Grace van Pelt[ 2 ][11.11%]
6.NO!!!!![ 13 ][72.22%]
7.Different answer, I'll elaborate in my comment![ 2 ][11.11%]
Answers total: 18
Nixenkind Date: Monday, 25-Jun-12, 10:38 PM | Message # 1
Jillaroo

I'm just curious... I don't ask if you THINK that somebody will die, but if you actively WANT somebody to die. I followed a discussion with fans on twitter today and was surprised that some of them think it would be a great ending if Jane dies in the end.
I would be devastated, and it would spoil the whole series for me- I seriously doubt that I could look at old episodes again knowing that Jane (or Lisbon :() doesn't make it...

bee Date: Monday, 25-Jun-12, 10:42 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

NO, NO, NO.....DEFINITELY NO..... THEY ARE LIKE FAMILY! cry

Message edited by bee - Monday, 25-Jun-12, 10:44 PM

Fran Date: Monday, 25-Jun-12, 11:51 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

I'm an old-fashioned happy endings girl, so its a definite NO from me.

Anybody wanting Jane to die is beyond my comprehension - like you Nixenkind, it would ruin the whole show for me.

Tina Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 9:06 AM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

That would completely ruin it for me if something happened to one of the main characters. I love happy endings too, I love drama, but in the end I like it if anything is good.
I hope Bruno gives us a satisfying ending once the series is over.
If something happens to Patrick ...no, I don't even want to think about it.
Tina

lenacr Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 8:26 PM | Message # 5
Dinkie-Di

I do hope they don't do something unspeakable like killing Jane. I don't mind if Jane and Lisbon don't get together, but I will become devastated should either of the two get killed, especially Jane.

June Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 10:31 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

I think none of the team should die because I love them, I don't even want to think about it. As you say Bee, they are like family. Having said this and after reading Bruno Heller interviews from the book, I'm afraid there won't be a happy ending. I have that terrible feeling, I don't know why, maybe because of the way Bruno express himself. No love affair for Jane as long as Red John is alive. The series will finish when Red John die. No happiness for Jane?

I wish I'm wrong, I would like to see the best smile of Jane to say goodbye.

bee Date: Tuesday, 26-Jun-12, 10:56 PM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

There just has to be a happy ending for Jane....he's been through so much pain and loneliness for so many years it would be a travesty if he didn't find some sort of happiness in the end. It would also be a shame that after having invested four years of our lives (so far) watching him cope with what fate has dealt him, that we don't eventually see Jane as he so dearly wishes and needs to be....... free of his past with some sort of future to look forward to.

Message edited by bee - Wednesday, 27-Jun-12, 8:35 AM

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 27-Jun-12, 4:51 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

If any of you have watched MI5 you can see how they dispatch one main charactor after enother but I gave up watching the series after Adam was blasted. Penry-Jones, the actor playing him was offered a new series "Whitechapel" and I'm sure he wanted a change but I never quite took to him in that role. So if they kill off a member of the team which we have come to love it would be disaster and the franchise deals might sour. We just don't like these abrupt dismissals.

Geni Date: Thursday, 28-Jun-12, 3:38 PM | Message # 9
Ankle Biter

If a cast member is revealed as a RED JOHN minion, take the bastard out! angry

Otherwise I'd be sad see one of them go. But still...if it's a it's a very good red John storyline and one of them has to be made a martyr I'd say Van Pelt or Cho.

Message edited by Geni - Thursday, 28-Jun-12, 3:49 PM

fangs4fun Date: Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 9:47 AM | Message # 10
Jillaroo

It would be interesting to see how Jane would react to Lisbon dying or getting fatally hurt because of his relentless pursuit of Red John. Not that I want Lisbon to die, but I just wonder what Jane would be like.

Evy Date: Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 10:18 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

NO, NO and NO !!!!!! They are inseparable effectively.Yes Bee is right: a family more than a team. We must trust in Bruno for a quality end that will appeal to fans like us. I'm sure of that ! I trust him not to disappoint us after 6 (or 7 who knows?) years of loyalty heart love

angel Date: Thursday, 11-Oct-12, 9:25 PM | Message # 12
Cobber

genie very interesting. I wonder if one of the cast could end up being red john in which case it would be hard to see them die. But in general no i do not want anyone to die and especialy not jane as that would just rujn it for me to go out this way. It would have to be something utterly brilliant for me to want to see jane die

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Do you want a member of the core cast to die at the end?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz