Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 8:22 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Red John Clues (Facts we know about Red John)
Red John Clues
sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 09-Oct-12, 5:30 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

Nothing is coincidence. Brett stiles is in contact with RJ or has some of his associates in his Visualize sect. RJ is a vindictive man and likes to tease Patrick so burning alive one of his to get to Hightower (who we saw become more of a friend to Patrick) thus get to PJ. it was a very telling episode whichc culminated in season 3. By the way, has anyone wondered about the Visualize logo, a big eye. CBS's logo is a big eye also, coincidence??

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 09-Oct-12, 6:09 PM | Message # 17
True Blue

hmm, not sure, the all-seeing eye is used in many contexts - the Templars use it as a sign, you even find it on the dollar-note (on top of the pyramid)...

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 09-Oct-12, 6:25 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

Sylvia, I definitely wondered about that eye as well. Among all its other uses, I have always thought of it as a subtle, humorous jab at CBS.

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Tuesday, 09-Oct-12, 6:27 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 4:05 AM | Message # 19
Bee's Knees

On the DVD from season 1, in a section called 'Lost Evidence', there is a short video called 'Red John's Profile', which is Patrick Jane describing Red John on tv. Patrick's description of Red John as follows:

- very ordinary looking man
- mid 30's, medium height
- thinning brown hair
- methodical and tidy; keeps himself very clean
- has a small speech impediment that he's deeply ashamed of
- works at a clerical job and lives with his mother or sister in a one storey blue house with a citrus tree in the front yard, lemon he thinks

Of course , this is only guesswork on Jane's part, but I wouldn't be surprised if there is a grain of truth in this.

There is a short video after this one, of a man watching tv. We don't see his face, but there is a strong implication that it's Red John. Old fashioned wallpaper, has fruits and leaves.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 4:14 AM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

I think there might be a correlation between Red John and citrus fruits. There is the mention of the lemon tree in the Red John profile I just posted. And in the season 3 episode Red Moon, when Jane is lying on the motel bed and thinking about 'Tiger Tiger', this is immediately followed by a picture of a smiling orange on the truck of the suspect who pointed out that the female victim bicycled into the moon.

The show definitely has many displays of citrus fruits. I remember Kristina Frye had a huge one on her counter, in the episode where she is kidnapped.

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 4:15 AM

Fran Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 11:04 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

And of course the orange at the end of the Season 1 finale Red John's Footsteps surprised

bee Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 12:16 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

The fruit connection could also include strawberries and apples....who couldn't forget Lisbon asking Jane for her apple after he had been kidnapped!! I know these aren't citrus fruits but neither are cherries!! unsure

Peithon Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 3:34 PM | Message # 23
Rip Snorter

Or he could be a florist - remember the yellow flowers from HRRH episode. Also the frozen body sitting on the mausoleum floor suggests access to a very large freezer. Or even part of the coroner's office, since had to have a vehicle to put the body in that they found when demolishing the shopping center or rather that Rebecca picked up at the morgue. Also that Bruno said RJ likes to be cold. Writer's conceit suggests RJ is in the pilot. So many tiny clues or not clues depending...

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 25-Oct-12, 5:33 PM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

Since RJ has many facets it could be that his minions work in different branches of the justice dept. FBI CBI local LEOs. I still think Visualize is at the core of RJ's organization and perhaps sends killers out and Carter was the one who actually had killed Patrick's family. They all seem to be brainwashed and programmed to die if necessary, that is a powerful trance. I can see Brett being the force behind all that. So Fruit or no fruit, we know he likes tea, is resourceful and cruel.

Fran Date: Monday, 03-Dec-12, 12:52 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

Jane has met and probably shaken hands with RJ. It seems probable that he is is not someone Jane is friends with.
(source: 5.08 Red Sails in the Sunset)

Sandra Date: Monday, 03-Dec-12, 5:53 PM | Message # 26
Jillaroo

As much as I would like to know who Red John is, it is balanced with the fact that once we know, the show will be over. I hope they will not end the show. It is the only entertaining show on the air at this time. I feel that the character's can each stand alone with their own story line. Look at NCIS. They have a crime a week and still have the same format and still get the high ratings. I feel that the Mentalist can do the same thing but better.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 03-Dec-12, 7:07 PM | Message # 27
True Blue

Well, knowing RJ´s identity doesn´t automatically mean the end of the show - as long he can´t be caught, I think.
But, what I also think, is: we won´t be able to find it out by all the clues we are given until Bruno wants us to! He is that clever. He will keep us thinking, lead us in wrong directions until he thinks it´s time for us to find out.
The thing is: knowing this doesn´t stop me thinking and trying to find it out!!!

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Monday, 03-Dec-12, 7:07 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 16-Dec-12, 7:34 PM | Message # 28
Bee's Knees

I am still at a loss about the Homeland Security guy. What is his relationship with RJ. Why even Homeland since these guys are looking into terrorist acts against the country, not murders. Are they looking into Visualize as part of such a plot and tying in RJ into that organization? I don't believe this man is RJ but he is high up in Homeland and has FBI connections, which of course is natural. Also, why is Lisbon trying to impress him?

Wand6122360 Date: Saturday, 06-Apr-13, 2:41 PM | Message # 29
Bee's Knees

Thanks to a posting on another board, I learned that there is a Wikipedia article about Red John. It doesn't contain speculation, just gives a rundown of the entire sequence of events. The article didn't contain anything new for me, but it is very well laid out. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_John

Lena Date: Sunday, 07-Apr-13, 10:20 AM | Message # 30
Dinkie-Di

Wand6122360, thanks for posting the link. It's really very detailed and interesting.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Red John Clues (Facts we know about Red John)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz