Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 8:50 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Jisbon (Who's tired of it)
Jisbon
lenacr Date: Thursday, 05-Jul-12, 10:05 PM | Message # 16
Dinkie-Di

To all Jisbon lovers: wonderful comments and I am sure that there is no real friction amongst ourselves, just expressing our opinions or wishes.

Actually, I don't believe that I will be disappointed if Jane and Lisbon get together and become happy together. It is obvious that their relationship has developed and they nurture deep feelings for each other; but is that enough for a sexual relationship?

As for VanPelt and Jane; Well, she is young and beautiful, admires him, turns to him for advice, they have had similar experiences with their partners. Ok, she is a bit naive (provided this is not just a front) or just an innocent. And who knows? Maybe this is all he needs to resume a normal life.

Nixenkind Date: Thursday, 05-Jul-12, 10:28 PM | Message # 17
Jillaroo

I don't think there is a chance of Jane finding a lasting relationship until Red John is gone (although I bravely try to prove otherwise every time I sit down to write fan fiction biggrin ), and since Bruno always said Red John's end will be the end of the show, I think Jane and Lisbon's relationship should develop slowly. Personally, I hope that when the show ends we know that they are a couple.
But I don't need them to head into a sexual relationship right away, what I love about their connection is that it fuels my fantasy. I'd be happily content if they continue to play with each other, drop hints here and there, touch each other more often (LOVED the holding hands at the end of 4.24) and don't have any serious love interests (that's just me, I know, but I'm terribly jealous sad )... I'm more than happy to provide the steamy rest with fan fiction :D.
I'm absolutely fine with waiting, and what I absolutely don't want is Jane and Lisbon becoming a couple and then separating again to provide tension for the audience- it would break my tiny heart. No, they should go SLOW!!!

lenacr Date: Thursday, 05-Jul-12, 10:44 PM | Message # 18
Dinkie-Di

One more thought and I'll shut up.
Something more is niggling me. It's this presumption that when two people have a good working relationship, they must by necessity end up sleeping together (and maybe getting married).
A cliche? A behaviour that goes against the rules in a working environment, that's why it becomes so desirable?
Anyway, we all hope that Jane becomes happy in the end.

cbg811 Date: Friday, 06-Jul-12, 2:46 AM | Message # 19
Blow-In

both Simon and Robin agreed that to pair the two in a romantic relationship would be the end of the show. They are more like siblings, squabbling and remaining friends through it all.

That's how I think it should stay. I don't mind if they bring in a love connection for one or both of them. I just wouldn't want to see them as a couple. I like the way they are.

bluemoon_999 Date: Friday, 06-Jul-12, 12:14 PM | Message # 20
Blow-In

Being a non-shipper myself, I think some shippers are really cute and I like them a lot. But there are also other excessive shippers who really get on my nerves. Ok, that is actually an understatement. And I think it is really bad for the show if you allow shipping to stand in the way of any good story simply because it doesn't fit the shipping heart.

Now that TM is being put in that horrible timeslot, only really brillant writing can help defy all the odds. And I don't think shippery writing fits that category. There are already a whole bunch of other shows who are centered on shipping. TM was DIFFERENT - in a GOOD way - and should remain that way imo.

And I agree with some that healthy debates should be allowed as long as civilized. We are different people, so it's only normal that we don't agree on everything.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 06-Jul-12, 4:37 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Quote (lenacr)
Something more is niggling me. It's this presumption that when two people have a good working relationship, they must by necessity end up sleeping together (and maybe getting married).
A cliche? A behaviour that goes against the rules in a working environment, that's why it becomes so desirable?

Good point. And the answer to your two last questions is probably (imho): YES.

Quote (lenacr)
Anyway, we all hope that Jane becomes happy in the end.

Of course! And that Lisbon will finally get a life! biggrin

I think I vaguely remember Simon Baker saying in an interview that Heller and him, at the very begining of the series, have had discussions about defining Patrick Jane as an asexual character, and that they both eventually agreed that it would be a bad idea. So obviously something will happen on the romantic/sexual front for Patrick Jane, but why necessarily with Agent Teresa Lisbon? Their relationship is rich, funny, sometime moving, sometime flirtatious… It's great! It's one of the main fulcrums of The Mentalist.

@Nixenkind: Interesting, where can I read your fictions? Can you PM me please?

Fran Date: Friday, 06-Jul-12, 5:21 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

I agree that healthy debate is a good thing, and I have absolutely no problem with the direction this thread has taken. I don’t expect anybody is about to change their point of view, but making a case for your own view is fairly good exercise for the little grey cells.

The reason I haven’t participated until now is because I didn’t think I could contribute much to the debate, as I don’t have strong feelings for the topic – I don’t mind how it plays out. At the end of the series, I would like Jane to be at peace and looking forward to a future with a new soulmate. But at this stage, I don’t know whether Lisbon is the right person for him, or equally importantly whether Jane is the right person for her. It seems to me to be a possibility, as relationships do change, but I’m happy to sit back and wait to see how things develop.

The thing I am certain about, is that I’m very glad they haven’t gone the obvious well-worn unresolved sexual tension route, because its allowed them to develop a much more interesting relationship (and more interesting roles for Simon and Robin). And I think this is one of the things that makes the show stand out from the crowd.

Juney Date: Friday, 06-Jul-12, 6:00 PM | Message # 23
Bee's Knees

I'm no shipper fan, but we can all beg to differ. It wont (shouldn't alter) our enjoyment of the show. I just hope that there is some sort of closure at the end of the show, and we can all sigh with gratitude (or misery because there is no more). cry

sylvia5993 Date: Saturday, 07-Jul-12, 2:49 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

This reminds me of the tension in the relationship between Lule and Nick in "The Guardian". At the end, we're not sure if it's going to flourish or not, it was left to the audience, however, we could see the direction afforded us by the fateful situation in the PLS office which gave way to feelings that it could be just what was needed to correct the impasse, but Hollander left it to us to determine. Maybe we could just let things happen, a resolution to Jane's quest and perhaps a new life for him, and Lisbon .

fangs4fun Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 3:32 AM | Message # 25
Jillaroo

I honestly do not see any romantic shippiness between Jane and Lisbon. I see a deep deep friendship and I enjoy watching that. I prefer that they do not go the romantic route, but I will still be watching the show if they do. I thought there was more romantic chemistry between Jane and the con woman in an earlier episode, the one who was pretending to be a psychiatrist.

Also, I hate hate hate the term Jisbon. Like ewww....

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 4:55 PM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

So, Lisbane maybe??

Juney Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 5:01 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Sylvia5993 unfortunately The Guardian was left up in the air because it was cancelled. Who knows where it would have gone. I hope that Nick would have found someone else more suited to him, but we will never know.

Fangs4fun, I agree with you about a deep friendship. I really hate the word Jisbon but if ithappens, its better to happen at the end so that the team doesn't get broken up.

Message edited by Juney - Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 5:03 PM

fangs4fun Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 5:03 PM | Message # 28
Jillaroo

Quote (DS_Pallas)
So, Lisbane maybe??

Sure. Sounds like Brisbane. Ozzy sounding. Anything but that icky word.

I just watched the Paley Center interview and saw the cast's reaction to that word. I totally agree with Simon when he said "That's all kinds of wrong" when he heard that word. None of the people on the stage liked the word. I was laughing at all their reactions.

bee Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 6:00 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

I don't like the name Jisbon either, don't even know who first thought of it.... but how about "Patresa" or maybe "Pateresa" ?? Yeah...I know I'm clutching at straws now.....

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 6:01 PM

Fran Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 7:14 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

I also think that part of the reason for the cast's reaction at Paleyfest was because of the actual word, probably because of the meaning of the slang word jizz. I like the sound of Lisbane, I think its got a nice ring to it smile

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Jisbon (Who's tired of it)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz