Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Lorelei
Lorelei
sorchauna Date: Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 12:42 PM | Message # 16
Jillaroo

I wonder then maybe why the writers picked that name maybe!

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 3:35 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

Sure the writers didn't pick the name randomly. WHen they listen to her voice, Lorelei song lead the men to smashed their boat on the river rocks and die…
Jane knows who she is, but has to follow her even knowing she could lead him to the road of ruin. He could just hope she will think about her sister death and RJ role in it.

About Jane and women, he showed in a few episode he's attracted to con women, even to a murderer (Erica), there's something in their marginality and borderline personality that really seduces him.
I'm sure he find Lorelei attractive, even if he used her and just had sex with her in order to reach RJ.
There's definitely something between the two of them, but in the wrong way, and I think PJ knows it.

Simon Baker has said in an interview that when Patrick Jane will be ready to live a new love relationship, renew with love feelings and sexuality, it should be with antoher woman than Lisbon. It seems obvious. A first serious love relationship between a woman and Jane, after 10 years of grief, guiltiness and self-imposed celibacy can't work.
I don't even give it a year… laugh nor six months.

Then, maybe, then he would be ready to face his feelings for Lisbon? (I'm no shipper)

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 8:39 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

About Jane and women, he showed in a few episode he's attracted to con women, even to a murderer (Erica), there's something in their marginality and borderline personality that really seduces him.

I think you've put your finger on the thing that really bugs me. All of the women he's "looked at" in a sexual way have been these sorts of women. Katrina a tad less so, because she must have believed in her baloney, but nevertheless, they have ultimately all been con women. None of them is a believable long term love interest - we know that because we "know" Jane and because of what he said on the dating video.

So I suppose they've all looked like train wrecks that would only ultimately cause Jane more emotional damage, and since I'm fond of Jane, I don't want that for him.

Maybe he will need to have a "rebound" relationship before he can find the real thing again. But don't expect me not to throw a few things at the TV while he does. facepalm

bee Date: Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 10:48 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

Perhaps Jane goes for con women like Erica and Lorelei because he feels he doesn't deserve anyone better! He knows they are "safe" because they are "out of bounds" so to speak. Behind the mask he displays, he is still riddled with guilt and grieving for his family and hasn't really looked into the future other than to kill RJ. He said on the dating video that he was looking for someone better than him and that loved him with all his faults (referring to his wife) but I don't think he feels that there is anyone that can truly love him the way he is now or that he is worthy of. The only one he trusts completely and has a so called "relationship" with, is Lisbon. They seem to be a lot closer this season and Jane is finally confiding in her a lot more. She is a true friend who despite knowing all his faults has stuck by him and is the only one that can control him (well, most of the time)!

I think his rebound relationship has been Kristina (didn't go well at all), Erica (that kiss was enough to have him running for the door) and Lorelei (a necessity to get information on RJ). Unfortunately I don't believe, in his mind, he can contemplate any type of true relationship until RJ has been captured/killed. sad

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 05-Feb-13, 11:05 PM

Hayseed Date: Thursday, 21-Feb-13, 6:13 PM | Message # 20
Bee's Knees

I just read the spoilers for the next Lorelei episode and, wonder of wonders, I think I'm okay with what they're doing with it. Thanks, Mr. Heller. LOL

I feel kind of bad for having doubted them.

Message edited by Hayseed - Thursday, 21-Feb-13, 6:13 PM

Juney Date: Thursday, 21-Feb-13, 6:40 PM | Message # 21
Bee's Knees

Which Episode is that Hayseed. UK or US?

Hayseed Date: Thursday, 21-Feb-13, 7:09 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Episode 5.16 - the article is up on the home page here and is marked with spoilers. And they are definitely spoilers, so be advised.

Thrill Date: Monday, 04-Mar-13, 10:15 AM | Message # 23
Dinkie-Di

Hi everyone,

been away and just catching up - so much to read! I love Lorelei as she adds confusion, tension, mystery and miss direction to the plot and allows another side of PJ to be played out - it is all about good drama (which is not necessarily a nice happy ending). The very fact we are having all these discussions - trying to work out what it means and why and what will happen means that the writers are succeeding!

I also think acting wise Emmanuelle Chriqui is doing a great job and if my hubbies reaction is anything to go by is very hot !!

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 24-Mar-13, 0:09 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

So, what do you all think? Did she have it coming?

Was Jane cold, was he justified in his callousness, did he say it for Lisbon?

No doubt about it, Jane got taken - Lisbon was right. Lorelei was well named given the rock and the mythology. I'm anxious to see if they have Lisbon and Jane discuss on the show.

sylvia5993 Date: Sunday, 24-Mar-13, 6:07 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

I think he was really hurt by her callousness but RJ setting her dead body in the circus accoutrement was seriously mean, he is bringing his evil home to Jane more than ever and I'm seeing something dreadful coming for Teresa, part of RJ's methodology in causing the a level of emotional pain tat could send Patrick over the edge again. So Jane saying "She had it coming" was his way of distancing himself from Lisbon as he is aware of the danger to her.

Hayseed Date: Sunday, 24-Mar-13, 7:32 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Yeah, I was pretty sure the carnival setting was meant to further taunt Jane. I honestly can't figure out why Red John hasn't gone for Lisbon yet, unless Red John is Mashburn.

No doubt he was hurt by Lorelei - he was the mark, and Lisbon was spot on in her assessment. Lorelei played him. He thought he could turn her (again, his arrogant side playing against him), and he thought wrong.

bee Date: Sunday, 24-Mar-13, 9:30 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

We knew what degree of violence Lorelei was capable of when she kicked and punched Jane to the floor in that motel room. She never told Jane she would divulge RJ's name to him. I think it was Jane's arrogance that led him to believe she would. His "she had it coming" remark to Lisbon was maybe to save face in front of Lisbon because she had been right all along and he had been played by Lorelei. Perhaps Red John's Rules are "an eye for an eye" and because Jane turned Lorelei (RJ's mistress) against him, I think RJ will now take his revenge on Lisbon, although not Jane's mistress, he knows she is the one closest to him and this would be devastating for him.

Message edited by bee - Sunday, 24-Mar-13, 9:31 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Lorelei
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz