Friday, 26-Apr-24, 1:59 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Final bets! (The big showdown coming up, who do you think it is?)
Final bets!
Who is Red John?
1. Gale Bertram [ 1 ] [4.17%]
2. Bret Stiles [ 3 ] [12.50%]
3. Ray Haffner [ 3 ] [12.50%]
4. Reede Smith [ 0 ] [0.00%]
5. Thomas McAllister [ 2 ] [8.33%]
6. Brett Partridge [ 8 ] [33.33%]
7. Robert Kirkland [ 0 ] [0.00%]
8. Neither [ 7 ] [29.17%]
Answers total: 24
Evy Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 3:49 PM | Message # 16
Fair Dinkum

Very interesting theory AgentM. We will know soon !! tongue

Message edited by Evy - Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 6:54 PM

Tina Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 6:27 PM | Message # 17
Fair Dinkum

I still stick to my Partridge theory too because I just don't see RJ in any of the others. The brother thing...interesting.
Soon we will know.

Mossibecca Date: Saturday, 02-Nov-13, 9:13 PM | Message # 18
Bee's Knees

When Kirkland took Jane hostage, and was talking about his brother, he asked Jane if he had any siblings, and Jane seemed a bit odd to me in his answer......may be he has half remembered memories.

Fran Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 2:06 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I’m a little disappointed at the number of votes, considering the number of people who use this site and have visited this thread, but I’ve found the results so far very interesting.

I have to admit that I’m surprised that Partridge has the most votes because I thought I was in a minority with the fake death theory, but with nearly 40% of the vote, it seems he’s still the front-runner here.

What I’m really surprised about though is that over a quarter of voters don’t trust Bruno’s assurance that RJ is one of the people on the list. It seems to me that Bruno doesn’t blatantly lie, but he does sometimes word things cleverly in order to mislead.
This is from the TVGuide interview (May 2013):
By the end of The Mentalist's Season 5 finale, viewers will finally know Red John's real name. On Sunday's episode (10/9c, CBS), Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) narrows down his list of suspects to seven people. And despite the twists and tricks of the past (remember Bradley Whitford as Red John?), creator and executive producer Bruno Heller insists that one of the names on Jane's list is indeed his serial-killing nemesis.
"The cards are up on the table and they're the real cards," Heller tells TVGuide.com. "There is no sort of double twist. There's no more messing around. We've been through all the twists and turns of plot, and we're now getting to the truth. Only the truth gets revealed from now on in."

I’ve studied Bruno’s words, and I really can’t see an alternative interpretation – I suppose I must be missing something, but I don’t know what.

marta75 Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 4:24 PM | Message # 20
Rip Snorter

I bet Ray Haffner is Red John and Bret Stiles is his father and he protects him inside Vizualise.
Remember Haffner in Red Bearn and the last writing of Lorelei's sister.

Evy Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 5:25 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

I voted neither because I don't believe the list but I wonder all the same if Partridge really died.
If you watch again the scene when Teresa is next to him, he is on the ground and someone else grabbed her from behind ? A complice ?
Something wrong !! wink

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 04-Nov-13, 8:02 PM

shoelady Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 5:30 PM | Message # 22
Jillaroo

The writers have confirmed that Partridge is indeed dead, so we can move on.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 6:45 PM | Message # 23
True Blue

Fran, I also didn't vote - sorry to dissapoint you - the reason simply is: I can't!
I have absolutely no idea!
Bruno said it is one of the seven, but I cannot see any of them being RJ...
I keep thinking and speculating and wondering and shaking my head...
All the speculation makes my brain hurt! blink crazy fear

Evy Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 6:58 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

BBB
I also didn't vote - sorry to dissapoint you - the reason simply is: I can't!
Bruno said it is one of the seven, but I cannot see any of them being RJ...

You can vote "NEITHER" !! if you "cannot see any of them being RJ" tongue tongue

Fran Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 7:30 PM | Message # 25
Fair Dinkum

Quote beautyfulbabyboy ()

There should probably have been an "I don't know" option, it would have been interesting to see how many people feel the same way - that option may well have had the most votes biggrin

Quote shoelady ()
The writers have confirmed that Partridge is indeed dead, so we can move on.

I haven't seen any explicit statement from the writers about this. In fact, Bruno's comments after the premiere were very cagey and I interpreted them as a clue to Partridge's death being fake.

June Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 8:56 PM | Message # 26
Bee's Knees

Quote Fran ()
What I’m really surprised about though is that over a quarter of voters don’t trust Bruno’s assurance that RJ is one of the people on the list. It seems to me that Bruno doesn’t blatantly lie, but he does sometimes word things cleverly in order to mislead.

There are people who's still thinking Patrick Jane is Red John (not in this site, I guess), so... I voted Partridge because he was my first candidate since the beginning, he's creepy, we haven't seen his dead body. But now I'm not sure about anything, I have no idea who Red John could be. Regarding the names of the list, all the series is full of twists and turns and I love it, but we are talking about the revealing of Red John's identity. How could Bruno cheat us with this? For five years, he's proved to be a smart guy, he knows that it wouldn't be the best move. The audience don't use to forgive this kind of things and we'll know Red John in episode 8. What would happen with the remaining season? Fourteen episodes!!! It's a huge risk. Bruno was very clear: "The cards are up on the table and they're the real cards, there is no sort of double twist. There's no more messing around. We've been through all the twists and turns of plot, and we're now getting to the truth. Only the truth gets revealed from now on in." I trust him and I expect a great and astonishing "Final Chapter." hands

Tina Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 11:35 PM | Message # 27
Fair Dinkum

I trust Bruno in this and that RJ is one of the 7. My No. 1 was always Partridge. Second was Kirkland. I don't see anybody else
as RJ. I'm sure the next episodes will be very good and I'm so much looking forward to it. Can't believe we will
soon know his identity! After all these years. And I'm so happy the show doesn't end with the
end of RJ. I want to know what they all do after it so it's great Bruno decided to go this way. I wonder if another
one from the list is ruled out in the next episode...what an exciting season!

Tina Date: Sunday, 03-Nov-13, 11:35 PM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

I trust Bruno in this and that RJ is one of the 7. My No. 1 was always Partridge. Second was Kirkland. I don't see anybody else
as RJ. I'm sure the next episodes will be very good and I'm so much looking forward to it. Can't believe we will
soon know his identity! After all these years. And I'm so happy the show doesn't end with the
end of RJ. I want to know what they all do after it so it's great Bruno decided to go this way. I wonder if another
one from the list is ruled out in the next episode...what an exciting season!

shoelady Date: Monday, 04-Nov-13, 1:58 AM | Message # 29
Jillaroo

Now that these two have been eliminated, and tonight possibly another one, I still think Haffner is part of the Cabal and all of these men have done horrific deeds or ordered them done. Sweet revenge however will come for Patrick.

Geli Date: Monday, 04-Nov-13, 5:54 AM | Message # 30
Surfie

I had voted "neither", but didn't write an explanation cause I can't really explain why, it's just how I feel. Unlike others, I don't believe Bruno's quoted words at all anymore, can't explain why either, guess it's been too much misleading for me in the past, which I don't like. huh

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Final bets! (The big showdown coming up, who do you think it is?)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz