Thursday, 18-Apr-24, 6:47 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Final bets! (The big showdown coming up, who do you think it is?)
Final bets!
Who is Red John?
1.Gale Bertram[ 1 ][4.17%]
2.Bret Stiles[ 3 ][12.50%]
3.Ray Haffner[ 3 ][12.50%]
4.Reede Smith[ 0 ][0.00%]
5.Thomas McAllister[ 2 ][8.33%]
6.Brett Partridge[ 8 ][33.33%]
7.Robert Kirkland[ 0 ][0.00%]
8.Neither[ 7 ][29.17%]
Answers total: 24
beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 04-Nov-13, 6:53 PM | Message # 31
True Blue

Tina, that new avatar is so great!!! is it an egg cosy-RJ?

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 04-Nov-13, 9:11 PM | Message # 32
True Blue

After having watched the latest episode (606) AND the promo for the 607 (before it went "private" and was no longer to be seen)I feel the need to explain my thoughts on Who is Red John.
First thing: I still don´t know what to think.

As I thought it is not only one of the suspects who has the tattoo.
Things don´t seem to get closer, but the questions seem to become even more numerous...

Questions are
:
-Can we trust Bruno´s words any longer -
a) is RJ really one of the 7 suspects?
b) are those assumed dead really dead?
-Did RJ kill Keira Tensley, the victim of last week´s episode (605) or was it someone else?
-Does RJ even have the tattoo?
-Whom did Bertram call about the conversation with PJ? The real RJ , his (RJ´s?) disciples or just "the other conspiratives"?
And why? Did they possibly start another trick about the tattoo? Maybe they hadn´t have one before...or at least not all of them.
-Who is responsible for the explosion? (I think it was Jane, but...)
-Who died through the explosion? Did anyone? (In next episode´s promo we see Rigsby talking about the explosion that killed Jane
and some of the suspects.
We k n o w Jane won´t really die. (Well, he won´t, will he?!!!!eeeek!!! At least Simon is on the list of cast for the next episodes...)

So, another con is being played here (don´t know yet, if Rigsby and/or Lisbon/the Team are involved or not) but it looks like Jane fakes his own death -
maybe the beach-scene was already part of the con, a "goodbye" to Lisbon like we have seen it last season´s finale?

Maybe Jane also had the thought RJ might be
a) not on that list (RJ confirmed the names on the list, but not that HE really IS one of them, right?)
or
b) someone they already cancelled, assumed dead

Partridge? :/: Kirkland?

We didn´t see Partridge´s dead body. And he´s been so suspicious all the time an he was in the pilot and, and and everything!!!

We know, Bob Kirkland has a sibling. What we don´t know is, whom of the two brothers we saw all the times.
We cannot know if Michael is still alive but he might be. Or might HAVE BEEN.
-Who died in that gun fire? Michael? Bob? Who´s been who the whole time?!

Yes, I heard it: talking to the other agent at the crime scene Reed Smith said "...I am about heights".
I don´t really think this is a clue we can trust, though.

So, for me RJ can still be ANYONE ANYWHERE OUT THERE!!!

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Monday, 04-Nov-13, 9:15 PM

Evy Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 0:07 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

BBB
but it looks like Jane fakes his own death

Surely !! It seems a stratagem and I suppose the team knows it !

And I'm sure now that RJ isn't someone of 5 last suspects and that PJ is more clever than RJ !

Message edited by Evy - Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 0:15 AM

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 0:44 AM | Message # 34
Bee's Knees

Death faking is a bit of a pattern on this show ---- and let's not forget the great Sherlock Holmes did it at the Reichenbach Falls (I always figured RJ likes Bach because of that location and it being Bruno's inspiration) It wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Jane to do it it. There's a part of me that thinks that Jane knows that none of the remaining suspects are RJ - that he's playing another long con on RJ making him believe that he's going after the wrong man, convinced that he's right. It's a way of flushing him out of hiding (after all, RJ would not stand for another man to be given credit for all his hard work, would he? And he would relish the idea that Jane was wrong, therefore losing the game.) Anyone agree?

Evy Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 1:07 AM | Message # 35
Fair Dinkum

Agent M
Anyone agree?

I do and you confirm what I said in my last message : PJ is more clever than RJ !

bee Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 11:24 AM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

I agree AgentM with your theory that perhaps Jane doesn't believe that one of those 5 suspects are RJ. The idea of a long con and flushing him out of hiding, as you say, is similar to that when he caught Panzer by letting him believe Haibach was the San Joaquin killer and thereby taking credit for all his hard work.

Bear with me here but I think RJ could still be Kirkland (Bob or Michael). When we first see Kirkland in "Red Dawn" he has a beard but later on in the series he has no beard. Yes I know people can change their appearances over the years (even Rigsby had a beard) but also the fact that he talked about having a twin named Michael seemed strange, why a twin and not simply a brother. Hearing the word "twin" and remembering those words in the Blake poem about "symmetry" rang alarm bells for me.

Also in "The Desert Rose" the portrait of Cody Benbow (looking very similar to Jane) and his remark to the policewoman about his "having two heads" seemed to me to be a strange remark. I'm probably way off here and these are simply red herrings put in by Bruno to confuse us......I have to say he succeeded (with me anyway). It reminds me of that famous Walter Scott quote "Oh what a tangled web we weave...when we first practice to deceive". Please excuse the ramblings of a confused "old" woman!! wacko

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 2:05 PM

AgentM Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 6:52 PM | Message # 37
Bee's Knees

Quote bee ()
the portrait of Cody Benbow (looking very similar to Jane) and his remark to the policewoman about his "having two heads" seemed to me to be a strange remark.

Yeah, I picked up on that too, bee. I just saw it as confirmation of some kind that my theory is close to the mark with Jane having a brother -- ie Partridge. The whole Partridge thing was over too quick for my liking, no one has mentioned him since and I'm pretty sure Jane has an inkling or knows something, on account of the fact that he was one of the first at the scene of Partridge's death. Also when Lisbon mentioned it in the hospital, Jane didn't respond with a verbal "yes" and his nod was barely imperceptible. I think he maybe identified Partridge's body, knowing that it wasn't Partridge but went along with it to try to fool RJ. Oh what a tangled web indeed!!!! And I seem to have gotten caught up in the middle of it!!! surprised

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 8:04 PM | Message # 38
True Blue

Bee, I am 100% with you! There is something about the twin/brother thing recurring in different levels of the story. Plus we don´t know much about Patricks parents, nothing about his mother.

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 05-Nov-13, 8:09 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

Can I change my vote? Now I think it's probably Stiles, or at least he's the puppetmaster of maybe Michael Kirkland.

There has to be some reason Stiles

susanalt Date: Thursday, 14-Nov-13, 8:00 AM | Message # 40
Blow-In

My pick is Ray Haffner. I actually suspected him even before the final suspect list was revealed. I think that the Kiera Tinsley tattoo thing is a red herring. I think it is possible that Ray is Bret Stile's son also.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Final bets! (The big showdown coming up, who do you think it is?)
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz