[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Red John
Red John
Kathnet Date: Wednesday, 11-May-11, 4:56 PM | Message # 16
Blow-In

Episode #309

To me, the most puzzling scene of the series was Jane's treatment of Todd, the cop killer. What was Jane up to when he vouched for Todd and then took him up to his lair?

Jane conned him. He hypnotized him with this:

"If you truly want revenge, you have to be hard and dishonest, devious and cold. You can't let people see what's in your heart."

Jane knew that Todd was the cop killer and that he had killed his own girlfriend. The only true revenge that Todd could exact was against himself. With the "knowledge" of how he had to behave, he killed himself in a most devious way.

Jane performs the same ultimate con job on Red John. Red John kills himself in some horrendous way, and Jane gets the satisfaction of having caused RJ's torture and death.

angel Date: Thursday, 12-May-11, 11:55 AM | Message # 17
Cobber

fran i am now going to start looking at cbi personnel in the background. You've got me in sherlock holmes mood because of that remark. genius. But i still think rj himself won't be someone so obvious. I really think heller will go for the OMG I WOULD NEVER HAVE GUESSED THAT factor shock

Could be someone we have not seen at all yet but it could still be someone close. I am in two minds about this. Loving all the grace theories. been reading them over and you could be right fran. Lets think she quickly goes out with laughlin and soon they are getting married and from what we hear he dies. Could it be that as rj or a deciple she manipulated him and then she had no more use for him and killed him. Rigsby would not have been so easy to manipulate. God that would be a major shock but somehow i am way off track shock

Well 1 week to finale so we will see then what will be will be. can't wait hands

Wonder if Laroche will be coming back as like minelli and hightower i love him and don't want him to be the bad guy unless he is rj and will have to come back. That is if they do reveal who rj is love

Fran Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 12:52 PM | Message # 18
Fair Dinkum

Thoughts on Red John after seeing the Season 3 Finale:

Was that really Red John? Well, I think its now clear that Red John is Many. So yes I think it was Red John, but there are other Red Johns to be hunted out and dealt with. I think that within any organisation there has to be a leader, and I don't think this man was him, but it may be that no-one knows the true identity of the man in charge. I think this will be the way forward though - find the other Red Johns and particularly the No. 1 man. I think this will be someone we've already seen, so Brett Stiles is my top choice at the moment.

Did this man kill Patrick's family? He could easily have been told the information by the real killer. So I'm not sure, I think they could go either way with this one. If he isn't the one who murdered them, then Patrick's head would still be pretty much in the same place. But if he is the murderer, I think it may be more interesting, because Patrick would be less haunted and he could start the journey of rebuilding his life. I think this would give lots of scope for interesting storylines and character development. And I think he would still be committed to ridding the world of all the Red Johns, and particularly the man at the top.

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 11-Jun-11, 2:21 PM | Message # 19
Cobber

It's very interesting isn't it Fran?

One thing's for sure - we (and the CBI team) now know that Jane can and will kill.

(I believe I was of that opinion a while ago. biggrin cool )

If he wasn't the RJ, and had only been told the description of Jane's family, wouldn't that rather undermine
Jane's Mentalist abilities?

Fran Date: Sunday, 12-Jun-11, 5:48 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

I saw a suggestion from someone that the gun was a set-up by RJ and had blanks in it. Really, really hope that's not true.

Fran Date: Saturday, 25-Jun-11, 0:00 AM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

Just remembered I meant to say that the guy I mentioned previously, the one with the beard that we see in the background at CBI, was around a lot during the last few episodes of Season 3. So I've convinced myself that he's connected to RJ.

And I've now decided that I definitely want the man Patrick killed to be the man that killed his family, but not the No. 1 man in the Red John society.

Fran Date: Saturday, 02-Jul-11, 2:25 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

This is the man I'm suspicious of - he's called CBI Ron and he's been in 5 episodes.

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 30-Jul-11, 7:03 PM | Message # 23
Cobber

Ooh, I'll be keeping an eye on him - interesting that he's a background character but has a name........

a name beginning with an 'R'..............................

shades

Fran Date: Saturday, 17-Sep-11, 7:12 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Comment by justlook3 in the 'Mentalist Tweets by Other Crew/Cast' thread:

Quote (justlook3)
The part that intrigued me most was Red John apparently being seen in other episodes. What does that mean? Were they kidding?

I've always felt it would be a good device to have shown him in the background on several occasions, so I choose to think that they're not kidding. But I think I'm gonna have to shift from my CBI Ron idea, because he's been too visible lately so has become too obvious a choice. I'll have to try and find a new candidate, but its difficult to watch the background characters when Simon's on screen wink

justlook3 Date: Saturday, 17-Sep-11, 9:47 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

Which means that he wasn't Bradley Whitford because somehow I think having him wander around in the background would set off alarms! I don't think it's Ron either, I think he's like actor Gary Jones on Stargate SG-1. A background actor that the cast and crew go to liking so he makes appearances. Though Jones usually got a line in every episode, LOL. Maybe it's Karl! He's in the background every once in a while . . ..

Fran Date: Wednesday, 21-Sep-11, 11:14 AM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

Red John's Bodycount taken from the Portrait of Red John feature on Season 3 DVD. Patrick's family are numbers 10 & 11.
Thanks to @pensive1

ps justlook3, love your idea that Karl is RJ, I'm tempted to tell him lol

justlook3 Date: Wednesday, 21-Sep-11, 9:44 PM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

I saw that tweet to him! I was like "Hey she stole my idea!" That would be hysterical. From what I can tell from his tweets, he might find that funny actually.

botys Date: Tuesday, 13-Dec-11, 2:08 AM | Message # 28
Blow-In

hi guys, I'm an Italian fan of The Mentalist, I'm following the serie since the beginning and in 3rd season I'm wondering why RJ wants to kill Hightower..He kills always only his accompliance...so this makes me think about:

Hightower is one of his accompliances?

about RJ = the red sweather's guy I think it's a wrong theory for this reason, let me explain u better:

RJ it's suppose to be roled by a good actor, I don't mean famous but just good...OK when Patrick get up from the chair to reach Timothy,

1. u can see that the red sweather guy starts immediately to get up from the chair but 1 second after he sits down again and only when see Patrick moving to Timothy, he get up again and go out from the scene; this is called hesitation and it's a cinema error that only a not professional actor can do. It seems to be as the director told him: "when u see patrick moving to Timothy Carter, get up from the chair e go out from the scene" and in that moment he thinks.."OMG he get up and now? I go out or I wait he moves?"

2. when he leaves the scene, he turns nervously the face almost in front of the camera; this is an other typicall error of the not-actors so real that Patrick James, that is a good actor, look at guy's errors and try to save the scene following him with the eyes for a while, just to collocate the red sweather's guy on the scene.

botys Date: Tuesday, 13-Dec-11, 2:48 AM | Message # 29
Blow-In

Quote (JudeBlue)
Ooh, I'll be keeping an eye on him - interesting that he's a background character but has a name........

a name beginning with an 'R'..............................

What if his name is Ron Djeh? interesting? Isn't that? smile

Geli Date: Sunday, 18-Mar-12, 8:27 AM | Message # 30
Surfie

Now, I myself don't think that the man in the red sweater is Red John. I've read other people think that, and some have proposed the man in the grey suit from 4.09 in the icecream scene is the same man (which I don't quite see). I think I see an actor that looks very similar to the one from 4.09 as a reporter in the opening scene from 4.17 right where Gary says "10 million" and where Patrick says "cheapskate": he's wearing a grey suit and red necktie, and a sign that reads XDV 34 on the right side. Anybody else see a similarity between the grey suit actor and this reporter, or am I mistaken?

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Red John
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz