Friday, 29-Mar-24, 2:06 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Do you want Patrick to find love again?
Do you want Patrick to find love again?
Do you want Patrick to find love again?
1.No[ 3 ][12.00%]
2.Yes, with Lisbon[ 10 ][40.00%]
3.Yes, but not with Lisbon[ 12 ][48.00%]
Answers total: 25
Fran Date: Friday, 25-Mar-11, 7:22 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

Not necessarily now, but before the series ends. Do you want Patrick to fall in love with Lisbon, someone else or not at all? Cast your vote above.
(You need to be logged in to vote).

I haven't voted yet, because I keep changing my mind help

Whitecat Date: Friday, 25-Mar-11, 8:53 PM | Message # 2
Blow-In

NO .... because I am extremely jealous angry

Moreover there are other TV SHOWS (House, Grey's) that have been ruined by Love Stories and sex.... in my humble opinion happy

Therefore YES for flirting but please no kisses behind the doors or sex in the bathroom. I think that Simon agrees. The Mentalist is another story.... luckily biggrin

JudeBlue Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-11, 7:39 AM | Message # 3
Cobber

You don't think that Patrick and Kristina had chemistry angel?

I think they had buckets of it.

I haven't voted yet because I want to give this subject some very serious consideration.

unsure

Fran Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-11, 1:45 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

I've finally decided and have voted Yes, but not with Lisbon.

I agree with Angel, that Patrick's relationship with Lisbon works better at different levels and is more interesting as it is. They have a deep love for eachother, but not a romantic love. Also not Kristina, although I quite liked their scenes together, I don't think she's right for him.

Also agree with Angel and Whitecat, that I don't want to see any of the kissy kissy or bedroom detail, but I think some flirting and sexually charged banter would be fun.

I really want Patrick to be happy and at peace again (not yet though!). So I want to see the series end with Patrick strolling barefoot along the beach, hand in hand with his new love, with light glinting off his golden hair from a beautiful sunset.

Oh my goodness, I didn't realise I was still such a soppy old romantic love

Kath Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-11, 3:19 PM | Message # 5
Blow-In

I've gone with Yes...and With Lisbon...I know i'm probably alone on this but...I think as the series grows, I personally can see something growing between them...It's not all fireworks and furtive glances across the Bull pen right now, but both characters are damaged in certain ways...and you can see a mutual respect growing between them, Patrick seems to grow more and more protective of Teresa...and despite the misgivings Lisbon has had over the last three years, she seems to have his back and would do almost anything for him.

As I said, passion and fireworks and electric sparks don't appear to be evident at present, but with their backgrounds...why is it impossible to see them together whenever the series finally draws to a close? you don't always see your Mr or Mrs Right, right under your nose until the very last minute...and it would probably spoil The Mentalist right now if the pair of them were constantly pawing at one another...but I could see Patrick and Teresa together in the future...as for Kristina...I think she intrigued Patrick more than turned him on, couldn't see the attraction between them at all

Whitecat Date: Saturday, 26-Mar-11, 4:07 PM | Message # 6
Blow-In

I think that keep Jane on a human –not human level is a clear choice made by the authors (Heller and Simon himself).

Have you ever wondered who wash Jane’s suits or shirts? Where is his wardrobe? where is his “normal” life out of the CBI headquarter? He seems not to have one, after all he is a mysterious man with a aura of mystery. I think that a love story could ruin this mythical portrait.

Personally I prefer to see my Hero to take his revenge rather than to see him in love… devil
I know I am a real devil smok

JudeBlue Date: Sunday, 27-Mar-11, 9:40 PM | Message # 7
Cobber

OK, I know you've all been waiting on tenterhooks for my decision. laugh

I would like Patrick to find love again but not bed action love - sweet, innocent love that perhaps makes him take his eye off the ball for a bit and become vulnerable to mistakes - and then he decides that it's not for him. It gets in the way of his destiny.

angel Date: Sunday, 27-Mar-11, 10:59 PM | Message # 8
Cobber

jude yes honestly i do like krystina and the banter was fun but when he asked her for coffee and at first date it did not seem right. Again it was uncomfortable. But chemistry i just did not get the vibe. I usualy see it but not here. But i'm afraid i love lisbon and patrick as close friends who watch each others backs.

But i would love him to find love but yes at the end when the show is done. Yes he can walk off into the sunset with his love to a happy life together. I can get soppy also.

Fran Date: Monday, 28-Mar-11, 0:30 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

Yes Jude, I was eager to know your view - mainly to see if my prediction was right! I thought it would be a No, but you've outfoxed me by combining a Yes and a No biggrin

I think we seem to be all agreed on one point anyway - that any love story shouldn't happen until the very end.

I do see Kath's point and that was my dilemma - love with Lisbon or with someone else? I think its true that relationships develop and change, and so I do think its a possibility. And part of me wants that to happen.

I found Whitecat's point about keeping Jane's air of mystery interesting. Because Simon wanted Nick in The Guardian to remain a bit of a mystery and didn't agree with the scenes showing Nick at home. So he may well want the same for Patrick. But he also wanted to show Patrick as a man with a man's needs, which is why we saw him dipping his toes in the water with Kristina. I'm happy for there to be an air of mystery about him, but I also want Patrick to be real, and so I think that part of his journey should be about him dealing with the fact that sometimes he feels attracted to women.

Geli Date: Tuesday, 31-Jan-12, 5:42 AM | Message # 10
Surfie

Reply to Erika's tweets on 30 Jan 2012: Reply to 'Where's the kiss between Jane and Lisbon?' - "Not that kind of relationship between the two of them." - I agree that I don't think Jane and Lisbon have that kind of relationship and am glad the wirters are not going there.

bee Date: Tuesday, 31-Jan-12, 11:08 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Yes I do want Jane to find love again, after what he has been through I think he deserves some happiness! I also think that the bond between him and Lisbon has become a lot deeper over the years especially more so since he killed Carter. In the past I would have expected Lisbon to have gone against his actions (she always promised she would) but she has become more and more supportive of his actions and as time has gone by, she seems to do everything in her power to help him, even if it isn't the right thing to do. I see them getting closer and closer although at the moment he seems to be spiralling out of control and taking her with him!

I agree that although they love each other they are not "in love" but I see this changing. I think Jane (for whatever reason) will suddenly realise that he cannot live without her (not for a while yet though) and that they will find love together. Didn't he say once that he wants "someone who knows the worse side of me, but still loves me". In my opinion that is Lisbon. They both have their own issues but I think that this is the bond that will hold them together, knowing what each has been through and so each helping the other to cope with whatever problems may arise in the future, eg I think it will take a while for Jane to overcome his grief and guilt even when, and if, he finally kills Red John.

I know there are those that do not agree with this but that is what makes it so interesting, it gets people talking and to discuss their differing opinions and in my view that is what makes The Mentalist so special, after all, if we all thought the same it would be boring!

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 31-Jan-12, 11:36 AM

Tori Date: Tuesday, 31-Jan-12, 3:21 PM | Message # 12
Ankle Biter

I agree that the Jane/Lisbon relationship is a very deep one but not one that can be romantic. It feels like the type that is deeper and goes beyond that "romantic love" feeling. Some fliration once in a great while may be nice but not enough to detract from the show or Jane's mission. Right now he's too much "in love" with revenge on RJ to make room for anyone else. I LOVE the ending Fran detailed.......I'm the one he's holding hands with,right? :D. I also think Jane is still too much in love with his wife to want anyone else in his life "that way". She was ripped out from his life very violently and suddenly. Quite a blow and it sounds like the marriage was a good one; no problems or issues other than she wanted him to stop conning. It's evident Jane loves his wife and daughter very much and needs to finish this phase of his life before he can let himself move on. This is why I agree to waiting until the end of the series to let him have a new love. Should we meet her? Maybe there should be a lot of talk about Jane's distraction as of late, leading up to the series finale. Maybe we just see a change in Jane and, as Fran so elequently put it, only see her from behind as they walk down the beach with the sunset glinting off beautiful blonde hair....hers too. I also like what WhiteCat said, we never see the "normal" side of Jane. But then we don't see this with the others in CBI either. Not really, anyway.

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 31-Jan-12, 6:47 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

I'm in accord with the consensus that Jane and Lisbon have that symbiosic relationship that reaffirms their trust in each other regardless of circumstances, however that it may seem the kind of relationship one has with one's mate, it is also true of very close siblings. Lisbon is even defending his lies which now has put her in jeopardy, he doesn't care about himself but should be aware of the peril he is putting her and her position in the CBI which has been tested before. I miss Hightower in that she did see their commitment to each other as personal as well as professional. The new boss is totally irrelevant in the storyline and needs to show a bit more bravura, or go away.
Patrick will find love only when he is capable of it. Right now he is too much in a dark place and consumed with self loathing and his only passion is towards R.J., consummate and powerful. However, he doeas like ice cream, I'm sure that is pure Baker, just like the couch is pure Baker.

Juney Date: Wednesday, 29-Feb-12, 12:15 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Hi,, I'm a bit late to this stream (I keep finding new ones). I agree with most of what has gone before but not so good at putting it into words like you Fran. I want him to find love and companionship but not with anyone I've seen so far (especially not Erika). I also don't think there should be anything explicit, this ruined The Guardian, in fact the whole so called romance thing ruined that show. At the end of the show disappear into the sunset. Ahh. Where do I vote?

Fran Date: Wednesday, 29-Feb-12, 12:37 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Juney)
Where do I vote?

You should be able to see the options and a Vote button at the top of this page. Ah, its started a new page, so you should see it just above this post.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Do you want Patrick to find love again?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz