Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 4:52 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Teresa Lisbon (Where we can delve into the character of Teresa Lisbon!)
Teresa Lisbon
smileyjunior Date: Monday, 30-Apr-12, 4:44 PM | Message # 1
Blow-In

Lisbon is a awesome character! She is a strong female icon whose character is just awesome! And I know that a lot of people talk "Jisbon" and we see a lot of on screen romantic playfulness, but if we truly think about the characters and the situation, there is a very small chance something like that will happen. Jane is still dedicated to his wife, and I can't see him letting that go even when Red John is out of the picture. But I'll admit, I love it when he has to rescue her, or she has to rescue him.

WHO DOESN'T LOVE LISBON?! biggrin
I really wanted to sound more sincere but im truly nervous right now about something thats going on tomorrow, so im sorry if this sounds very light and not meaningful! wacko

About Lisbon's past...

Like all of the characters on THE MENTALIST, Lisbon's past is what brings her to where she is today. I was wondering if we could post all the episodes where her past is mentioned (and it plays a role in the episode)

also, I just want to clarify one thing; she continuously talks about having to protect her brothers, but was Lisbon herself abused as a child? Or were the only victim's of her father's violence her brothers?

I LOVE ALL THE CHARACTERS ON THE MENTALIST THE WRITER'S ARE BRILLIANT!

Message edited by smileyjunior - Monday, 30-Apr-12, 4:45 PM

justlook3 Date: Monday, 30-Apr-12, 6:37 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

I like the friendship between her and Jane. Even if it never develops into something like the shippers want. I'm kinda a friendshipper I guess. LOL. I want them to always remain partners and friends.
And you're right, I love that she's such a strong female character. It never ceases to make me smile that tiny Robin Tunney plays the brawn on the series. And that Lisbon can truly scare men (and women) twice her size.
To answer your question, I don't think we've ever actually been told out right that Lisbon was physically abused. She's never outright said so. But there have been hints. In the first season (I am terrible with episode titles), there was the alcoholic father whose daughter had been murdered. He'd fallen apart after the death of his wife. She told him that her own father had been like him, a good man who fell apart when his wife died. She went on to say that her father killed himself but before that he nearly killed her and her brothers.
There's other hints here and there I'm sure.

Nixenkind Date: Monday, 30-Apr-12, 8:34 PM | Message # 3
Jillaroo

Well, I'm a shipper! I'm not hysterical about it most of the time, and I absolutely realize that they can't be together as long as the show is running- but hey, there's nothing wrong with using our fantasy, isn't it :)?
I think Lisbon is the right one for Jane, and I love how she supports him even if he does very, very stupid and immature stuff. Personally, I like that she is willing to bend the rules for him now and then- this is fiction, not reality, and I find a cop who isn't a slave to the rules much more human sometimes (although I know that it's much more complicated in real life, of course!).
The fact that Lisbon practically sacrifices her personal life for the job makes her very interesting in my eyes, and sometimes I'm dsappointed that we don't learn more about her...even episode 4.06 didn't really go into her personality.
What I love most about her: the way she cares for her team, including Jane- she is a caretaker par excellence, and it always give me a warm fuzzy feeling to watch her act like a mother towards the team members. I think there's a lot of light she could provide- but hey, let Loralei have her shot. I'm trying to stay open-minded...but you know: hope dies last :D.

smileyjunior Date: Monday, 30-Apr-12, 8:48 PM | Message # 4
Blow-In

there always hope happy and I think they're keeping us at arms length for a reason, ... lets face it; its KILLING ME THAT I DON'T KNOW, so its another mystery to the show smile

Being an extremely short person myself, I truly appreciate the scenes where she takes down the bad guys cool
I never want them to stop being friends/partners! And if they take that next step ok but if they don't I'll be fine with it, ya know?

in the one epi in season 3 BLOOD FOR BLOOD "Jane snatches the phone from Lisbon’s hand, saying that the girl doesn’t deserve to go to jail; that her father was an abuser. To which Lisbon responds: “So was mine, I didn’t shoot him!”" http://reviewbrain.wordpress.com/2011....-review

that was the biggest hint I think, it slipped in the heat of the argument...

gosh I just love the fact I can talk about this show now and share biggrin

Message edited by smileyjunior - Monday, 30-Apr-12, 8:53 PM

Nixenkind Date: Monday, 30-Apr-12, 10:09 PM | Message # 5
Jillaroo

THAT'S TRUE! A timeless classic: Episode 1.02 (Red Hair and Silver Tape)- where this gangsta boyfriend runs straight at Jane and Lisbon tackles him sideways? GREAT CINEMA, for sure :D! I love this scene...

bee Date: Tuesday, 01-May-12, 11:39 AM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

I'm also a shipper. In the beginning Lisbon worked "by the book" but gradually, after getting to know Jane and understanding his past, she has become more compassionate towards him and flexible in her attitude to her job in general. Lisbon is a born "fighter", we know that she took care of her brothers when her mother died and that "mothering" instinct often comes to light towards all of her team which I find comforting. As both Lisbon and Jane have issues I think they are able to support each other. This has been shown in many instances during the course of the series. They are always there for each other in good times and bad, Lisbon even willing to put her job on the line in some cases. I think she is totally committed to her job and the people she works with. I hope in Season 5 we learn more about Lisbon's past and why she seems to sacrifice her personal life in favour of her total commitment to her job.

I would love her and Jane to be together but UNTIL Jane has his revenge on RJ and comes to terms with his wife and daughter's death and the guilt he feels I can't see this happening. This is why I find it hard to believe that he will "fall head over heels in love" with the cocktail waitress!! It will be interesting to see how Jane's relationship with Lisbon develops in Season 5.

Message edited by bee - Tuesday, 01-May-12, 1:07 PM

Nixenkind Date: Tuesday, 01-May-12, 11:55 AM | Message # 7
Jillaroo

Exactly my thoughts- I'm deeply suspicious about the "head over heels"-part, but I suspend my disbelief for now... maybe Heller will make it believable in the end, although for me, Loralei can only be second choice, and I can't imagine that I'm gonna like this story-line very much... but I'll wait and see, of course. Maybe I'll be surprised.
I also hope that they won't bungle the Jane/Lisbon relationship next season... there's so much trust there now, and I don't want to see that gone.

smileyjunior Date: Tuesday, 01-May-12, 4:33 PM | Message # 8
Blow-In

When I saw the "slapping" thing my heatr broke... I hope its just an antic!

Fran Date: Monday, 14-May-12, 2:34 PM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

I wasn't so keen on Lisbon in the 1st season, as she seemed to be a very limited character, which I think Robin has said was one of her concerns. So I'm very pleased that she has become more multi-layered, revealing an emotional and empathetic side, whilst not losing her authority and toughness. She is now a character I would like to understand better, and for me, her developing relationship with Jane is a central theme.

I think recently, Robin has brought more humour to the character, so that sometimes she appears to be at a loss to know how to deal with a situation. Her facial expressions at these moments are very funny, but personally I think they need to keep these moments few and far between otherwise they risk her coming across as incompetent.

smileyjunior Date: Monday, 14-May-12, 4:44 PM | Message # 10
Blow-In

I've always been pro-Lisbon! I truly hope they don't get rid of her or any of the other main characters... love 'em all!

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 14-May-12, 5:47 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

Lisbon is not only his port in a storm, she is also a loyal friend when he goes off on his own. Remember in "Red John's Friend" when Jane quits the CBI to go off on his own, she risked her career to help him. When he was in jail, after the bug incident with Bosco, she again risked her job to make a deal with Bosco, that is loyalty. So when he is fired after the debacle with Wainright, she will still stand by him, even when he goes to Vegas and has a tryst with Lorelei, Lisbon will be there for him to put the pieces back together, she will not be jealous since their relationship is that of siblings and not lovers. She will never let him down even when he does.

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Teresa Lisbon (Where we can delve into the character of Teresa Lisbon!)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz