The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » Other » E Street
E Street
DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 09-Mar-16, 10:23 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

E Street is an Australian television soap opera created by Forrest Redlich and produced by Network Ten from 24 January 1989 to 13 May 1993. It's set in a tough fictional inner-city district called Westside. The stories revolve around the local community there.

Simon Baker (Simon Denny at that time) got his first role in E Street as Constable Sam Farrell in 1992, and was part of the TV show cast from episodes 293 to 404, until it was cancelled in 1993. Rebecca Rigg, Simon's wife was also casted and played Sam's fiancee, Amy Preston.

You can watch some episodes, including those featuring Simon on Youtube here.

He won the Logie for Most Popular New Talent thanks to this role (see the video here)

Ivana Date: Wednesday, 09-Mar-16, 11:24 PM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP :). Hopefuly they will add more episodes soon. I am not a fan of soap operas, but it's his first role, he looks gorgeous and considering this is his first tv appearance ever, he did it very well, a real natural talent.

Tina Date: Thursday, 10-Mar-16, 9:07 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

I don't watch soaps anymore too. I used to when I was young, well a few soaps at least. But I already enjoyed watching Home And Away, and I'm really getting into E Street. The last episode had some more Simon in it, and I love to see young Simon with young Rebecca! See them at the beginning of their relationship.

It seems that Sam has major issues with his father (hm, Nick, Patrick, and Simon himself had (step)father issues ..., now Sam as well). Looks like Sam's father is a terrible person! I'm very curious how it will go on since episode 296 ends with a cliffhanger.

I'm so excited to see Simon at his very beginning of acting.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 10-Mar-16, 12:13 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

I was thinking the same thing Tina: the Sam character has a difficult relationship with his father, who is an authoritarian, tough and psychorigid figure. I remember some interview where Simon saying his stepfather was very authoritarian and conservative, and that they didn't get along very well. I wonder if playing this character around such a paternal figure has implied something for him on a personal level…

His acting is not that bad, considering he has no training at all, and considering the rather poor quality of the dialogues, and scripts.
I can understand why he was casted. He has such great facial features! Rebecca is beautiful too.

Tina Date: Thursday, 07-Apr-16, 8:21 AM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

I watched the new episode yesterday and I really like seeing Simon and Rebecca in E Street. There is a nice scene with them in the latest episode. Sam's Dad is a real idiot! I think Sam more and more dislikes him. I'm curious how it will go on! I really like E Street and I'm getting into it now.

Marie, I'm sure Simon had some trouble playing this role with such a father because it seems his stepfather was something like that. And this in his first role or one of his first roles with not much experience in acting. But he really does a good job.

I always thought Rebecca already was on E Street before Simon came, but it seems they started on it together at the same time.

Tina Date: Saturday, 09-Apr-16, 6:27 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

Not much Simon in episode 299. But Rebecca has a big part. It's great to "get to know her" a bit better.
I'm curious how it will go on with Amy's patient!

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 18-Apr-16, 10:41 AM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Episode 300 is on Youtube (no Simon but scenes with Becca):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIZXDjvpxzc

Tina Date: Monday, 18-Apr-16, 4:09 PM | Message # 8
Fair Dinkum

Thank you DS. No Simon sad
But I'm looking forward to watch it anyway. I'm so happy somebody is posting the episodes now.

Tassie Date: Saturday, 14-May-16, 7:28 PM | Message # 9
Bee's Knees

For UK fans, 'Margin Call' is on BBC2 tonight at 11.05pm.

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 02-Oct-16, 8:11 PM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

New episodes on the E-street’s YouTube channel: ep 301, 302 and 303 available

Videos below these pics

Ivana Date: Monday, 03-Oct-16, 4:30 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP smile

bee Date: Monday, 03-Oct-16, 1:11 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Thank you DSP. biggrin

Deedee Date: Monday, 03-Oct-16, 8:35 PM | Message # 13
Bee's Knees

Great. Thanks DSP

Tina Date: Monday, 10-Oct-16, 7:54 AM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

Thank you DS. Unfortunately episode 302 is blocked in Germany sad .

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 24-Oct-16, 8:31 AM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

E street Episode 304 is now on line on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLwswkeR_Lc

Forum » Television Series » Other » E Street
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz