Wednesday, 24-Apr-24, 4:35 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
bee Date: Tuesday, 20-Jan-15, 12:10 PM | Message # 541
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DS. Lucky break for Simon and an even luckier break for us! Can't imagine a world without Simon in it! tongue

Fran Date: Wednesday, 21-Jan-15, 11:50 PM | Message # 542
Fair Dinkum

Does this mean Simon will be in Paris in February?

@CelebsinParis
#INFO Simon Baker sera sur le plateau du Grand Journal le 6 Février
https://twitter.com/CelebsinParis/status/557979449439039488

Tina Date: Thursday, 22-Jan-15, 8:47 AM | Message # 543
Fair Dinkum

I saw this too on instagram. It seems to me he is coming to Paris again ....we'll see in a few days.
Well, if so, he really couldn't sit still for long tongue

Ivana Date: Thursday, 22-Jan-15, 1:51 PM | Message # 544
Fair Dinkum

Is this confirmation?

https://twitter.com/myclaptv/status/558188475410034689

Charlene ‏@Charleneve
@myclaptv bonjour, j aurais été savoir si vous saviez si pour LGJ du 6/02, est ce Simon Baker l acteur ou le DJ? Merci beaucoup

myCLAP Tickets
‏@myclaptv
@Charleneve Bonjour Charlene, c'est Simon Baker l'acteur wink Bonne journée à vous

Fran Date: Thursday, 22-Jan-15, 2:13 PM | Message # 545
Fair Dinkum

Well sort of, thanks Ivana. Although personally I didn't doubt that it was our Simon they were talking about.

The reason for my question was because I don't know if guests on this show always appear in person, or if sometimes interviews are pre-recorded at a different location. The words 'sur le plateau du' seem to mean 'on the set of', but I'm not confident enough of google translate to be sure about it.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 22-Jan-15, 3:55 PM | Message # 546
Fair Dinkum

Fran, "Le grand Journal"on Canal Plus is always live.

June Date: Thursday, 22-Jan-15, 4:57 PM | Message # 547
Bee's Knees

Very good news, Simon will be in Europe again.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 23-Jan-15, 1:11 PM | Message # 548
Fair Dinkum

I thought first the guest was "the other" Simon Baker, ie the british DJ, because Simon doesn't have any thing to promote, the Season 6 brodcast is over in France (since december), and there's no Longines event (as far as I know). So it was a good surprise.
Maybe he's here only for vacation, but as he usually mixes tourism with work (you don't fly thousands kilometres only for a short interview), I assume he got things to do with Givenchy, maybe?

Also I found strange he's not a TF1 guest (the channel wixh brodcast The Mentalist) but a Canal + guest. Then I remembered Studio Canal co-produced "I give it a year", and thought maybe Studio Canal will be involved in the production of Simon's movie? It's pure speculation of course.

marta75 Date: Friday, 23-Jan-15, 11:02 PM | Message # 549
Rip Snorter

Quote DS_Pallas ()
Also I found strange he's not a TF1 guest (the channel wixh brodcast The Mentalist) but a Canal + guest. Then I remembered Studio Canal co-produced "I give it a year", and thought maybe Studio Canal will be involved in the production of Simon's movie? It's pure speculation of course.

DSP I don't think it's pure speculation and I did the same analysis as you just 5 minutes ago on the home page biggrin

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 25-Jan-15, 3:58 AM | Message # 550
Fair Dinkum

Quote marta75 ()
DSP I don't think it's pure speculation and I did the same analysis as you just 5 minutes ago on the home page biggrin

smile

I think it just proves we're watching to much shows with detectives in it… tongue

Message edited by DS_Pallas - Sunday, 25-Jan-15, 3:59 AM

258pce Date: Sunday, 25-Jan-15, 8:36 AM | Message # 551
Cobber

wow DS and Marta--our own detectives! I suspected that he might be making the appearance to garner support for "Breath" He also made a big point of praising the French film industry in an interview last year....

looks like he's not wasting any time getting back to work!

Fran Date: Monday, 26-Jan-15, 11:56 AM | Message # 552
Fair Dinkum

Quote DS_Pallas ()
Fran, "Le grand Journal"on Canal Plus is always live.

Thanks for that, confirms that Simon will be there. I agree he must have other reasons to make the journey worthwhile, not necessarily in Paris though, could be somewhere else in Europe I suppose.

DS_Pallas Date: Tuesday, 27-Jan-15, 1:13 PM | Message # 553
Fair Dinkum

An Australian film for Simon?

As it inches towards pre-production, Fred Schepisi’s “The Olive Sisters”, based on the best-selling book by Amanda Hampton, thickens it’s cast.

We’re told Leslie Mann (“The Other Woman”) and Simon Baker (“The Mentalist”) have joined the film, which is set to go into production down under shortly.
The film sees Baker return to his native Australia, where he cut his teeth on such shows and features as “E-Street” and “Love From Ground Zero”; while Mann’s versatility as a performer – she’s best known for comedies, but has done her fair share of dramatic work – will see her a worthy addition to a terrific yarn.

The movie will tell the story of two generations of an Italian family . Part of the film will focus on the family in the ’50s, while the other will be set in the modern-day and follow the granddaughter. The movie, which Hampton is also adapting for the screen, has been in development for quite some time but is now welcomingly gearing up for a shoot down under.

Here’s the synopsis of the book from Amazon :
When Adrienne’s marketing company goes down, her lifestyle does too. She retreats from the city to the beautiful, abandoned olive grove once owned by her Italian grandparents. A ‘tree change’ isn’t what Adrienne has in mind, however, and life in the country delivers some surprises as she confronts the past and learns the secrets of the Olive Sisters . . . Old loves, new loves, warm toast and rich traditions are all part of the delicious blend of this absorbing story.

http://moviehole.net/201584706mann-baker-pick-olive

Wand6122360 Date: Tuesday, 27-Jan-15, 1:25 PM | Message # 554
Bee's Knees

Great news indeed. I looked up the director on IMDB, and he has a very good resume, so hopefully this movie will get worldwide distribution, though I'll hunt it down even if it doesn't. It seems that Simon is following his heart these days, and his heart is in Australia.

PS thanks for posting, Pallas.

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Tuesday, 27-Jan-15, 1:29 PM

Fran Date: Tuesday, 27-Jan-15, 1:26 PM | Message # 555
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP. Wasn't expecting this! I wonder how big Simon's part is, he doesn't have Italian looks, but maybe he's an "old love" or a "new love" happy

Wanda, I think Australia is not just where Simon's heart is, I think he also wants to give something back to the Australian film industry.

Can't see the film on imdb yet, but here's the page for Fred Schepisi for those who'd like to check him out: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0770961/

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz