Monday, 06-May-24, 5:43 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 28-Jan-15, 6:52 PM | Message # 571
Fair Dinkum

My favourite DS Pallas… Back in France!! tongue

bee Date: Wednesday, 28-Jan-15, 8:39 PM | Message # 572
Fair Dinkum

It would also be a nice gesture for Simon to be given the Airstream or even the couch as a thank you for his commitment to TM for seven years. Probably never happen though!

Tina Date: Wednesday, 28-Jan-15, 10:02 PM | Message # 573
Fair Dinkum

I'm really happy for the French..they sure deserve it...but I don't feel happy...they are already giving away Jane's stuff...I was just okay with TM ending, excited about Simon's new projects, but this makes me feel sad. What's next? They are giving away the couch, the tea cup, the suits? I thought it would have been nice to keep anything at WB for fans who visit the studio. At least for a while. Sorry...maybe it's just me having a bad (sad) day...

Fran Date: Thursday, 29-Jan-15, 0:15 AM | Message # 574
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the great translation DSP flower
I suppose it's a nice gesture by Warner Bros, but I don't really get what TF1 will do with the car. As Tina said, at Warner Bros it could be available for fans to see, but maybe TF1 plan to display it somewhere. Also wondering about the comment that Simon will fly with the car from LA, I'd have thought he would fly to Paris direct from Australia, but maybe he's planning to head to LA soon.

KathyF Date: Thursday, 29-Jan-15, 1:40 AM | Message # 575
Rip Snorter

I feel very lucky to have been able to see the car, not once, but twice! That was so cool!

coral Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 2:06 AM | Message # 576
Cobber

Quote ruuger ()
apparently Sarah Jessica Parker was attached to the movie earlier, but since her name isn't mentioned in the latest announcements, I wonder if Leslie Mann has replaced her - and maybe Simon similarly replaced Anthony LaPaglia?

The article says "thickens it’s cast" so they may be additions rather than replacements. I would think LaPaglia was cast to play a character of Italian descent, maybe the grandfather, and I think it seems unlikely that Simon would be cast in that sort of role.

bee Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:13 PM | Message # 577
Fair Dinkum

Just seen an advert on Channel 5 that TM will be returning on Thursday 12th February....at last!! biggrin biggrin

Fran Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:25 PM | Message # 578
Fair Dinkum

"The Olive Sisters" with Simon now confirmed on the Arclight website: http://arclightfilms.com/NewTitl....rclight

Cast currently showing as: Simon Baker, Lesley Mann, Jacki Weaver, Melissa George
Synopsis:
When a glamorous sydney-sider's business goes under she reluctantly moves back to her family farm. And with the help of a handsome neighbor unravels the mystery surrounding her grandparents romance as she embarks on an epic journey of personal discovery. An adventure unlocking a heartbreaking secret that will free her from the past.

(I'll create a thread under Films)

Tina Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:28 PM | Message # 579
Fair Dinkum

Hope I get my book today or tomorrow. Very excited about it. This is my kind of book/ movie. Hope Simon will have a good part. And a bigger one.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:40 PM | Message # 580
Fair Dinkum

Synopsis:
When a glamorous sydney-sider's business goes under she reluctantly moves back to her family farm. And with the help of a handsome neighbor unravels the mystery surrounding her grandparents romance as she embarks on an epic journey of personal discovery. An adventure unlocking a heartbreaking secret that will free her from the past.

"And with the help of a handsome neighbor". Hum. Hope Simon won't be relegate to the role of the "handsome neighbor" just because of his looks AGAIN. Hope the character he is cast for is more deep than just the hansome part sad

Fran Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 12:57 PM | Message # 581
Fair Dinkum

A new thread for 'The Olive Sisters' has been created in the Films Section: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/12-222-1

Please can you post any more news you find in that thread. Thanks.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 1:06 PM | Message # 582
Fair Dinkum

Thanks fran!

kim Date: Friday, 30-Jan-15, 11:54 PM | Message # 583
Bee's Knees

New article and pictures today from French magazine, Public, issue 603

Tina Date: Saturday, 31-Jan-15, 8:47 AM | Message # 584
Fair Dinkum

Thank you kim. Ahhh, that hug. So cute. She is such a lucky lady, Rebecca ...

bunnyt Date: Saturday, 31-Jan-15, 11:25 PM | Message # 585
Jillaroo

It's always beautiful seeing them together!:-)

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz