Thursday, 02-May-24, 11:11 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Simon News, Articles, Info
Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 1:45 AM | Message # 481
Bee's Knees

Agree with you about the somber thing, bee. I'm so glad Patrick evolved towards a happy ending.

redbird Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 4:43 AM | Message # 482
Dinkie-Di

As a viewer I agree with you guys about the somber thing but at the same time I do see where Simon is coming from in wishing for a somber, tragic ending to Patrick Jane's story. As an actor, the tragic ending is probably more to his liking - the happy ending is what's expected so it wouldn't be as much fun to play. I just don't think Simon sees Jane as a guy who is destined to have a happy, satisfying personal life. I think he sees Jane as a guy who keeps reaching for that life only to have it slip away.

It's been an interesting week watching the moves that CBS has made and hearing what Simon had to say when he met with the press. I had resigned myself to the fact that The Mentalist was over but I'm no longer sure about that. I'm beginning to think that CBS hasn't decided what to do about the show which would explain Warner Bros nervousness when Simon was asked if the show was ending. CSI isn't doing well, Hawaii 5-0 isn't doing well and NCIS: LA wasn't doing all that great when it followed NCIS. Now CBS has made NCIS:LA stand on its own 2 feet and its results are worse than before. Even NCIS isn't doing as well as its done in the past. Its user rating on IMDb is now below The Mentalist's rating and that wasn't the case before the start of the new season. NCIS has about 75,000 users who have rated the show at 8.0/10.0 over 12 seasons while The Mentalist has just under 105,000 users who have rated it at 8.1/10.0 over just 6 seasons. CBS has to make some moves and I've now come to think they're keeping all of their options open ............

Tina Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 9:41 AM | Message # 483
Fair Dinkum

Great interview. I don't agree with Simon though about the not good ending for Jane. I think it would be terrible for the fans. I would never forgive them doing this. I'd rather have no ending for the show, so that there is room for fanfic or for own speculation. Not a cliffhanger but just no definite end.

I too am a bit hopeful again ...why didn't they just say it's the final season if it is decided? I'm just confused about Tim Kang's tweets, it was not just one where he definately marks it's the final season. But maybe CBS changed its mind about it now that other shows are not doing better than TM. Maybe they see how many fans TM has.

I still hope they might consider airing TM in the summer, and going on with it after Season 7. That would give Simon time for other things but keep him in a job with regular income. I guess they have to decide before TM ends shootings in December ...
I hope we get some info soon.

I get the feeling that Simon might like to go on with TM...

Ivana Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 11:57 AM | Message # 484
Fair Dinkum

https://twitter.com/Longines/status/528118998848647168
Someone is looking forward to @BreedersCup #BC14 #SimonBaker

http://www.saratoga.com/horse-r....ah.html

Longines confirmed he will be there on Saturday.

Part where they mention Simon:

Simon Baker is sexy. Simon Baker is elegant. That Tasmanian devil (actor) is probably one of the sexiest men alive--if not the actual title holder. And he's sexy precisely because he IS the epitome of elegance. The two ideas are synonymous.

In fact, Mr. Baker is Longines' Ambassador of Elegance, and will be present at Santa Anita on Breeders' Cup days. In keeping with his title, no doubt he'll be attired in a couture suit--something perfect, smooth and quiet. (Elegant/sexy people don't wear beer hats.)

And no doubt, Mr. Baker will wear the newest, most wonderful member of Longines' stable, the Conquest 1/100th Horse Racing watch.

Message edited by Ivana - Friday, 31-Oct-14, 11:57 AM

marta75 Date: Friday, 31-Oct-14, 10:47 PM | Message # 485
Rip Snorter

This interview is really cool. I imagine Simon travels all around the word with a surfboard in every places. I bet he gets one in France.
Another interesting thing about the ending of Mentalist : I think initially Bruno Heller had in mind a tragic death for Patrick Jane and explained it to Simon. But he changed his mind because of the fans. Maybe it would be more "serious" or "tragically romantic" but I really prefer the happy ending because I won't survive the death of Patrick Jane !

Hayseed Date: Saturday, 01-Nov-14, 4:37 AM | Message # 486
Bee's Knees

I get the feeling that Simon might like to go on with TM...

Funny, I get just the opposite vibe. I think he is ready to do something different. My guess is that he was okay with S6 being the end. He would be much too professional to say that, of course, and I'm sure he'll do his level best to make S7 entertaining.

Just my take on it, and I could be completely wrong.

As to the tragic ending...I don't mind a movie with a tragic ending - two hours and it's over. But for a character like Jane that I've rooted for for six years? I would be devastated.

ryohei Date: Monday, 03-Nov-14, 2:39 AM | Message # 487
Jillaroo

Find this vid on youtube :2014 Longines Breeders' Cup Turf https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxTWGiU1hrg Simon appearance from 2:49

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 03-Nov-14, 2:55 AM | Message # 488
Bee's Knees

Nice. Thanks Ryohei.

bee Date: Monday, 03-Nov-14, 9:20 AM | Message # 489
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Ryohei...great race and Simon is so sweet!

Ivana Date: Monday, 03-Nov-14, 9:27 AM | Message # 490
Fair Dinkum

Thanks ryohei, smile

Tina Date: Monday, 03-Nov-14, 9:28 AM | Message # 491
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for finding that great video. So cute how he smiles all the time. Just love him!

Deedee Date: Monday, 03-Nov-14, 10:25 AM | Message # 492
Bee's Knees

Thanks Ryohei. Nice video and Simon so sweet as always.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 04-Nov-14, 9:40 PM | Message # 493
Fair Dinkum

Interview for Haute Living: Simon Baker on Elegance, Longines, and Life after The Mentalist

(Nice to see an update on Breath, but sounds like he's only planning to direct, not star in it)

http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/load....1-0-246

bee Date: Tuesday, 04-Nov-14, 11:14 PM | Message # 494
Fair Dinkum

Nice interview as always but I think you're right Fran as much as I'd like to see Simon finally be able to have time to concentrate on Breath it does seem he is thinking of just directing and not starring in it. Such a shame....I hope he doesn't go down that route altogether, he is a great director but he's also a phenomenal actor and it would be such a waste. It will be hard enough not seeing him on a regular basis on our TV screens as it is! sad

Ivana Date: Tuesday, 04-Nov-14, 11:19 PM | Message # 495
Fair Dinkum

Very nice interview, thanks Fran smile

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Simon News & Chat » Simon News, Articles, Info (Part 2: from 1 March 2014)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz