Thursday, 02-May-24, 1:07 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Season 6 SPOILERS
Hayseed Date: Friday, 13-Sep-13, 3:31 PM | Message # 76
Bee's Knees

Speculation:

Mossibecca Date: Friday, 13-Sep-13, 3:59 PM | Message # 77
Bee's Knees

More speculation

Message edited by Mossibecca - Friday, 13-Sep-13, 4:00 PM

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 18-Sep-13, 10:48 AM | Message # 78
Bee's Knees

I had a thought (I know...I'm impressed too!!) Last week sometime, someone posted in the location thread that they were filming in MacArthur park....remember in RJR last season, Lisbon & Jane in Lisbon's office discussing happy memories that made you smile?...she said something like, 'You know the song about the cake out in the rain, I see my Mother feeding the birds' (or something like that.... Now I'm not dreaming am I that that is a line from the song????)....so....will this be one of Lisbon's happy memories?

bee Date: Wednesday, 18-Sep-13, 1:59 PM | Message # 79
Fair Dinkum

Yes Mossibecca McArthur Park is the name of the song (recorded by Richard Harris) that had those words about the "cake being left out in the rain". Spooky!

Hayseed Date: Wednesday, 18-Sep-13, 2:16 PM | Message # 80
Bee's Knees

Harris is the person who made it famous (despite his pitch...LOL) but here is a version of the great songwriter (Jimmy Webb) with solo piano.

People either love this song or hate it, I guess because of all the flowery metaphors in the verse, but the bridge to this song always brings a tear to my eye. Not saying this is what Lisbon was referring to at all (I think she's just remembering a snippet) but it's a beautiful sentiment:

http://youtu.be/73v1RqRPKGk

There will be another song for me
For I will sing it
There will be another dream for me
Someone will bring it
I will drink the wine while it is warm
and never let you catch me looking at the sun
And after all the loves of my life
after all the loves of my life
You'll still be the one.

I will take my life into my hands
and I will use it
I will win the worship in their eyes
and I will lose it
I will have the things that I desire
and my passion flow like rivers through the sky.
And after all the loves of my life
After all the loves of my life
I'll be thinking of you
and wondering why.

Raven Date: Wednesday, 18-Sep-13, 7:36 PM | Message # 81
Dinkie-Di

Promotional photo of Rigsby and Vanpelt. It's an amazing picture. *sigh*

Message edited by Raven - Wednesday, 18-Sep-13, 7:39 PM

June Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 0:29 AM | Message # 82
Bee's Knees

Rigsby and Van Pelt get their happy ending. And yes, Raven, it's an amazing picture.

http://www.tvguide.com/News....80.aspx

Fran Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 10:16 AM | Message # 83
Fair Dinkum

Thanks. Maybe it's just my warped mind but the Rigsby/Van Pelt thing seems a bit too easy, I can't help but think that there's going to be a twist.

TVGuide transcript:
This is from the new issue of TV guide.
The time has come. "We will definitely learn the identity of (serial killer) Red John this season, and he will be dealt with- but what does 'dealing with him' really mean?" teases Mentalist creator Bruno Heller. Crime buster Patrick Jane has narrowed his list of suspects to seven men-- including CBI director Gale Bertram (Michael Gaston) and cult leader Bret Stiles(Malcolm McDowell)--and some of them will die, Ten Little Indians--style, before the big reveal.
Red John knows exactly who's on that list, which "continues to raise questions that he may be psychic-- or that he is even more powerful and influential than previously imagined," Heller says. Meanwhile, Jane and Lisbon (Robin Tunney) disagree on how to proceed. Should they expose the suspects publicly?
Lovebirds Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) and Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti)- both actors will reportedly exit the series this season-- will face "dramatic changes in their relationship with each other and with the CBI," Heller says. "And you will start to wonder if Cho (Tim Kang) has gone to the dark side." The season opener finds Jane and Lisbon sent to California's Salton Sea to investigate a cold case. A legit assignment, or Red John's wily way of getting them out of town?
source: http://www.imdb.com/title....9791699 & thanks to ‏@RobinTunneyBlog & @Aleee_O

Fran Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 10:34 AM | Message # 84
Fair Dinkum

onset photo with Malcolm McDowell from Park Plaza Hotel yesterday, presumably its for The Mentalist Ep 6
https://www.facebook.com/photo.p....theater

June Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 12:48 PM | Message # 85
Bee's Knees

Quote (Fran)
Maybe it's just my warped mind but the Rigsby/Van Pelt thing seems a bit too easy, I can't help but think that there's going to be a twist.

Yes, me too. I hope a happy ending for both of them, when I've seen the picture I've thought it was really nice but now I wonder why it has been shown so early, what they are hiding behind so much happiness.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 3:04 PM | Message # 86
Bee's Knees

I'm guessing the happiness will be short-lived. Possibly Grace becoming a victim of RJ and Rigsby unable to cope and therefore leaving the CBI. Who knows what Bruno has planned?! All I know is that pleasure is always coupled with pain in some way. surprised

Hayseed Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 3:58 PM | Message # 87
Bee's Knees

I'm guessing the happiness will be short-lived. Possibly Grace becoming a victim of RJ and Rigsby unable to cope and therefore leaving the CBI.

Yes, I'm convinced at least one of them is going to die. I wonder if Grace will end up being Visualize, too. Rigsby might go down protecting her. Either way, I'm convinced there will be a sad twist to it all.

Also, I saw this on Twitter from Yahoo TV:
We're headed to the set of @Mentalist_CBS today - tweet us your questions! Spoiler: Red John is Jane's childhood sled.

I always wondered how Red John got his name. This makes me think more and more that it's Kirkland, and he's some figure from Jane's past.

Message edited by Hayseed - Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 4:00 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 5:20 PM | Message # 88
Bee's Knees

I've often thought that Kirkland is ,like Jane, a victim of R.J. and seeks revenge, that is why he stays so close to Jane who is closer to finding this nemesis than he ever was, but he has the power of his position to do something about it.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 5:39 PM | Message # 89
Bee's Knees

Quote (Hayseed)
Red John is Jane's childhood sled.

Hmmm, is it just coincidence that RedJohn has the same number of letters in it as ROSEBUD??!!! confused I think not! tongue

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Thursday, 19-Sep-13, 6:06 PM | Message # 90
True Blue

Quote (Hayseed)
Red John is Jane's childhood sled.
sad sorry, I don´t know this word - what is meant by this? confused

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 6 » Season 6 SPOILERS (Spoilers about future episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz