Thursday, 18-Apr-24, 9:45 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Season 7 SPOILERS
Tanja Date: Saturday, 29-Nov-14, 8:22 AM | Message # 136
Rip Snorter

Awwww kim, we love you all too smile

Fran Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 12:05 PM | Message # 137
Fair Dinkum

From TVGuide, stuff we've already seen from the Press call, but some extra stuff as well mainly from Tom Szentgyorgi.

The Mentalist's Final Season: Get Ready for an Unconventional Lisbon-Jane Romance, the Return of Familiar Faces and More
http://www.tvguide.com/News....55.aspx

As The Mentalist prepares to kick off its seventh and final season Sunday, members of the cast and crew say they feel like they have a new show on their hands. First, there's no will-they-or-won't-they tension between Patrick Jane (Simon Baker) and Teresa Lisbon (Robin Tunney) to grapple with, after that steamy kiss in the Season 6 finale. And, for the first time in the show's history, the Red John storyline will not be lurking in the background.

"Essentially this season is about what happens when life turns out the way you'd hoped it would, when you do have a happy ending," creator Bruno Heller told reporters on a conference call last week. "What happens after that? Jane and Lisbon have been engaged in this epic journey for six years. ... How do you create a different kind of life? And how do you create a different relationship out of a relationship that was borne in the kind of trauma that theirs was? ... It's the last hurrah for the show."

So, what is in store for Lisbon and Jane? As they navigate the waters of their new relationship, it won't always be smooth sailing for the couple, executive producer Tom Szentgyorgyi tells TVGuide.com.

"They play both the highs and the lows — and there are some lows — in a way that's absolutely believable," he says. "It is not a conventional TV rom-com relationship. They play it like two people who are really in love."

But don't expect a lot of between-the-sheets action or bodice-ripping passion.

"Season 7 is not 50 Shades of Grey done by The Mentalist," Tunney promises. "It's sort of interesting because they're two people who don't know how to be in a relationship. They've both been alone for such a long time. It's exploring how two people who are adults, who've only been responsible for themselves and haven't really shared their life with anybody in a long time, feel [as they] explore that intimacy. That it's uncomfortable."

Adds Heller: "These two are never going to be Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? Both Jane and Lisbon are private, self-contained, protective people. ... It's that kind of filial affection that has turned into something more, which in turn makes the romance that much harder for both characters to negotiate. ... You can see they're made for each other not in a fiery, kind of crazy way, but just in a human, gentle, correct way."

Here are eight more teases to expect from the final 13 episodes:

1. Bumps in the road for Jane and Lisbon: Things get awkward around the office as Lisbon and Jane initially try to keep their relationship hidden from their colleagues. But that's only the start of their troubles, according to Baker and Tunney. "We're not exploring the sort of obvious other side of having a relationship in the workplace, but more the pitfalls and speed bumps that you'll come up against when you know someone so well and then you decide to have a relationship with them," Baker notes. Adds Tunney: "Up until [Jane] caught Red John, that's why he was there. He wasn't fighting crime because it was something he was born to do or wanted to do. He didn't want to work in law enforcement. It was settling this personal score. And now he's there, and I think he's wondering why he is there."

2. Pike's not out of the picture: One colleague who knows all too well what's going on between Lisbon and Jane is Lisbon's ex, Pike (Pedro Pascal). And he has an exchange with Jane in the season premiere that may present some challenges for the new couple. "The danger of loving something is that you have something to lose, and that becomes very realistic to Jane,"Szentgyorgyi notes. "In a weird way, the fact that he had nothing was a kind of defense. ... Now he has something he cares about, and that means there is something that you can lose. And that's something he hasn't worried about since he was a husband and father." But Pike isn't the only blast from the past that may rock the boat ...

3. Which familiar faces will be back? Also returning is guest star Morena Baccarin as murderous matchmaker Erica Flynn, who will be back in an episode that finds Lisbon and Jane in Beirut. "She is stunning as always and complicates life for Lisbon and Jane — and, as usual, has about six plans up her sleeve," Szentgyorgyi teases.

4. What about Rigsby and Van Pelt? As for Rigsby (Owain Yeoman) and Van Pelt (Amanda Righetti), it's unclear whether they will be back, though Yeoman told TVGuide.com last season that he hoped they would be. "They were a huge part of the show," Szentgyorgyi acknowledges, but adds: "I have no teasers to offer on that front."

5. Is Red John buried for good? The short answer: yes. "There is no callback to the Red John mythology. Red John's gone,"Szentgyorgyi says. "The thing that lives is ... when you lose your wife and child, however you lose them, that doesn't go away. That stays with you. Jane's still that man, and that does come into play in his relationship with Lisbon and the challenges he faces starting a new relationship. But no, there are no more smiley faces."

6. What we learn about Abbott: FBI Agent Dennis Abbott's (Rockmond Dunbar) past will come back to haunt him in a major way over a three-episode arc that also features guest stars Dylan Baker as a DEA agent "who knows a bit too much about Abbott's past" and Christine Adams as Abbott's wife. "We're going to meet Abbott's wife, and we're going to learn about some dark things in his past," Szentgyorgyi says. "His wife gets an opportunity in Washington, D.C. She lives in Austin but she's been given a chance to take on a big job in Washington, D.C., and that creates various complications."

7. A new rookie on the scene: Josie Loren joins the Mentalist cast this season as rookie FBI agent Michelle Vega, who experiences quite a learning curve in her dealings with Jane. "Vega is new to the FBI," Szentgyorgyi says. "She doesn't know about Jane, she has no preconceptions, no idea how he works or who he is. ... In moving to the FBI, we sort of created a world where Jane wasn't quite as frictional. He was brought in to do what he does. Which has been great. It's sort of allowed us to play stories that were harder to play when we were in the CBI. But it's also meant that everyone is kind of accustomed to him. We wanted to bring in a character who didn't know his ways, who might even cast an askance glance at them. And that's exactly who Vega is." Also, teases Heller, "she adds a different touch of romance to the show. There's a bit of a love triangle going on there."

8. No more Fischer: Not returning to the show, however, is Emily Swallow, who was introduced last season to play FBI agent Kim Fischer. As explained in a throwaway line in the premiere, Fischer has relocated to Seattle. "We won't see any more with her," Szentgyorgyi says.

Fran Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 12:16 PM | Message # 138
Fair Dinkum

New Spoilers here from YahooTV
'The Mentalist' Creator Bruno Heller Previews the Final Season: 'It's Very Much About the Future'
https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs....91.html

If you're a former fan of The Mentalist — someone who enjoyed the lighthearted banter, liked seeing bad people outsmarted by a born trickster, and rooted for Patrick Jane and Teresa Lisbon to get together — show creator Bruno Heller would like to cordially welcome you back for the show's victory lap.

Heller actually calls the final season (premiering Nov. 30) an “encore” and a chance to “deliver the old pleasures, all the classic moments of the show.” One is “very rarely given the chance to give that final flourish to a performance,” he says, so he and the cast are taking the opportunity to make the end of the show as fun as possible.

Red John
First and foremost: Red John is not coming back, no way, no how. “It's certainly a thematic and emotional part of the story,” Heller says, but “Red John himself does not reappear.”

Now Heller wants to explore, “How do you move on from that experience? How do you get back to real, happy life?” If Jane and company kept returning to him in their heads, “then Red John has defeated them.”

So What Is The Last Season About?
“It’s very much about the future and not the past,” Heller hints. They won't be dwelling on old storylines, and “it's not so much about the ancillary characters.” Rather, it's “about Jane and Lisbon, if they can find a life for themselves.”

In this clip from the season premiere, we see Jane trying to break old habits. Even though he and Lisbon are now a couple, his reflex is still to keep things from her — more assistant than partner. That's part of the reason there's no room for bringing back old characters. “It's a 13-episode season," Heller says, "so that's not really a lot of time to sort out all of the emotional issues they have with each other and the world.”
[This clip is the Sneak Peek of Jane & Lisbon in the park]

But There Will Be Some Old Faces, Right?
We'll see Homeland's Morena Baccarin as the matchmaker/sociopath Erika Flynn by Episode 3, and Game of Thrones alum Pedro Pascal will be back as Agent Marcus Pike to throw a wrench into Jane and Lisbon's plan to keep their relationship quiet.

Abbott and Wiley will have expanded roles as well; in particular, we'll learn more about Abbott's life outside of the FBI, including his wife and family.

When asked if Rigsby and Van Pelt will return, Heller offers a flat “no.” But there are rumors that the show is still in negotiations with Owain Yeoman and Amanda Righetti, so make that a flat "maybe."

Who's the New Girl?
Josie Loren plays the new addition to the office: rookie agent Michelle Vega. Heller brought her on not only because she “brings a breath of fresh air into the FBI,” but also through her, "we get to see [Jane] through fresh eyes.”

“And,” adds Heller, “I guess I can say, not just Cho, but Wiley finds [her] invigorating.”

Love Triangle or... ?
So possibly, Vega finds herself caught between Cho and Wiley. Fans have long clamored for Cho to find a lasting love. Could this mean that he and Vega will get together? Or will he at least get together with somebody? “Yes and no,” says a cautious Heller. “There is a tragic journey for Cho — a very moving, tragic journey.”

Will We Ever See Jane's Daughter Again?
Jane got a measure of closure in Season 5 when an herbal tea caused him to hallucinate his daughter, Charlotte. Heller says she won't appear again, but does add that “family will definitely play into” this last season.

The “family” he's referring to may not be Jane's wife and daughter, but his parents, whose current whereabouts are unknown — to us, at least.

In one of this season's episodes, “we get to see Jane going back to that old persona,” says Heller. “Putting on the shiny suit, so to speak, and plying his old trade.” Perhaps Alex Jane is still alive and running carnival scams, forcing his son to go back one last time?

What About Lisbon?
“One of the great blessings of this last season is that we get to go out exactly as we want to,” says Heller. “It’s more the stuff that we've been wanting. For instance, one thing I've always wanted to be able to do is let Lisbon have a go at being a psychic. She gets to do that, which is great fun.”

Fun seems to be the message of these last 13 episodes of the show. “One of the things about getting rid of the Red John story is it allows us to play the essential lightness at heart of the show much more strongly. It's not a tragic, doom-laden show,” he emphasizes. “It's not about trauma. It's about hope, and that’s very much how we wanted to leave the show.”

Ivana Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 1:20 PM | Message # 139
Fair Dinkum

Lot of interesting stuff in Yahoo article and it looks like they will be exploring Jane's past, very exciting

bee Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 2:13 PM | Message # 140
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the articles Fran...Bruno still seems to be at the helm and looks like Season 7 has some exciting storylines on the horizon! Can't wait

kim Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 2:24 PM | Message # 141
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran, good article. A few fun snippets there. I am very happy that they are focusing on Jane and Lisbon being happy and their future. Exciting!! hands

Juney Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 4:37 PM | Message # 142
Bee's Knees

Thanks Kim.

Tanja Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 5:05 PM | Message # 143
Rip Snorter

Thank you Fran! Very interesting article!

Deedee Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 5:20 PM | Message # 144
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran it is a very enlightening article and I am so glad that Bruno himself is very definitely in charge. I think season 7 will be the very best yet.

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 11:28 PM | Message # 145
Fair Dinkum

An article from TV Goodness blog:

The Mentalist Preview: “Nothing but Blue Skies” [INTERVIEW, PHOTOS, VIDEO]

[...]
TV Goodness participated in a press call that featured Simon Baker and Robin Tunney. I asked Simon and Robin to share a few of their fondest moments with me over the past seven seasons and one of them involved a not-so private kiss.

Robin Tunney [to Simon Baker]: Your wife was at the monitor. She called me ahead of time and asked if she minded if she watched. And we’re all friends and I said, sure why not? And she watched and she was moved. I’m not lying.

Simon: No (laughter) I was nervous.

Robin: He was SO nervous.

As I found out, there’s more that keeps these two going while spending long days on-set.

Robin: I think a lot of our joy at work has been surrounded by food. When you work this long there are certain days and Simon looks over and says, how about sushi? I just feel excited. We eat food together.

When I asked them the real secret of their success, here’s what they had to say:

Simon: Robin has a tramp stamp of a shark on the small of her back. No, I’m lying. That’s one of those questions that is hard to answer because by now if it were still a secret, it would be a secret for good reasons.

Robin: And then it would be a betrayal.

Simon: Here’s the secret…to the secret…about success…we protect each other’s secrets.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 02-Dec-14, 0:16 AM | Message # 146
Fair Dinkum

Thanks DSP, sooo adorable that Simon was nervous, bless him dry

Tina Date: Tuesday, 02-Dec-14, 8:57 AM | Message # 147
Fair Dinkum

Bruno Heller: " It's not a tragic, doom-laden show,” he emphasizes. “It's not about trauma. It's about hope, and that’s very much how we wanted to leave the show.”"

I love that. There is enough trauma and tragic in real life. Hope is what we need. And I'm happy Bruno does end the show that way.

June Date: Wednesday, 03-Dec-14, 1:12 PM | Message # 148
Bee's Knees

Something new about Erica, Jane and Lisbon.

http://www.tvguide.com/News....27.aspx

I can't wait to see Morena Baccarin back on The Mentalist. Will Erika Flynn cause problems for Jane and Lisbon? — Tammy
The short answer? Yes. When Jane and Lisbon head to Beirut to track down an associate of Flynn's, Jane finds himself more entrenched in the case than he'd prefer. Lisbon, meanwhile, deals with a threat of a different kind when Erica not-so-accidentally lets it slip that sparks once flew between her and Jane. And it doesn't help things at all when Lisbon catches the two in a compromising position...

Fran Date: Wednesday, 03-Dec-14, 7:34 PM | Message # 149
Fair Dinkum

TVLine Spoiler http://tvline.com/2014....e-curse

I loved the season premiere of The Mentalist — things are pretty nice between Jane and Lisbon. But I can’t help but notice that Jane’s still wearing his wedding ring. Will that be an issue in future episodes? –Charlie
Funny you should mention wedding rings, Charlie, seeing as for the series finale, airing Feb. 18 and titled “White Orchids” the CBS drama is guest-casting the role of a jeweler who’s pulling a fast one on a young couple when Jane intervenes. One has to wonder if Jane might then pursue other business with the merchant….

Fran Date: Thursday, 04-Dec-14, 11:34 PM | Message # 150
Fair Dinkum

TVGuide scan for 21st December episode (7.04 Black Market)

http://nerd-utopia.tumblr.com/post/104333929672

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz