Friday, 29-Mar-24, 8:05 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Season 7 SPOILERS
June Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 8:51 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

I don't know what to say. I like Erika Flynn but the plot sounds like a... déjà-vu? Beirut, CIA, The Mentalist... strange mixture. Why they need Erika to take down a weapons dealer? Where was she hidden and why does she appear now? Questions without answers, I guess.

Wand6122360 Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 9:12 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

Thanks for posting, Fran. Hopefully, Patrick will prove impervious to Erica. Sounds like an exciting episode.

Raven Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 9:13 PM | Message # 18
Dinkie-Di

I have to say as much as I disliked Flynn in the past as much as I welcome her in season 7. She is one of many unresolved plotlines.

bee Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 9:34 PM | Message # 19
Fair Dinkum

I find it hard to believe that the FBI and CIA find it necessary to involve Erica Flynn in such a case, especially after the last fiasco involving her when she got away. You would have thought they'd learned their lesson last time! However this is TV Land and her former plot line needs to be re-addressed so perhaps we will eventually see her behind bars for good. Hope so. But what I DON'T want to see is a jealous Lisbon, been there, done that!!

Evy Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 9:36 PM | Message # 20
Fair Dinkum

Quote Raven ()
She is one of many unresolved plotlines.

Sorry Raven but she killed her husband. She has gone in jail. She helped for a case. She escaped. That's all. No mystery and not an unresolved plot line I think wink

I like her. I'm happy if she comes back.

Message edited by Evy - Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 9:41 PM

jazz Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 9:59 PM | Message # 21
Surfie

I don't take the plotlines as seriously as some of you - the reason I'm very happy to see her again is because I think she and Simon work brilliantly together, Simon needs good actors to spark off, and I think these 2 bring out the best in eachother.

DS_Pallas Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 10:57 PM | Message # 22
Fair Dinkum

Glad we will see the black widow again! I had loved this character, and the actress too.

Evy Date: Thursday, 07-Aug-14, 11:13 PM | Message # 23
Fair Dinkum

Quote jazz ()
I think she and Simon work brilliantly together, Simon needs good actors to spark off, and I think these 2 bring out the best in eachother.

I agree : there is a great chemisty between us !

Hayseed Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 0:10 AM | Message # 24
Bee's Knees

I absolutely detest this character (not the actress) and I never want to see her again.

Peithon Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 7:22 AM | Message # 25
Rip Snorter

Great to see Flynn back and I agree, she has great chemistry with Jane and is also about the only character who challenged him mentally and emotionally. I loved how they both played their kiss scene, both with surprise that there was real heat, then regret in losing control, then reflection on what could have been had their situation been different. Oh the angsty fun of it all.

Tina Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 8:41 AM | Message # 26
Fair Dinkum

THAT sounds interesting!

AgentM Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 10:16 AM | Message # 27
Bee's Knees

Not sure I like the idea of Beirut and international arms dealers...sounds just a wee bit like NCIS. I have so fervently been hoping that they wouldn't take the national security/international criminal route. I had a horrible feeling that it was going to go that way when they joined the FBI. I know it gives the writers more scope but Jane is at his best dealing with the domestic criminal cases and I don't want them to get too carried away. I started losing interest in NCIS a bit when Tony and Ziva and the gang started heading out to Israel and other far flung corners of the world. Didn't have the same 'je ne sais quoi' - hard to express...but it wasn't as good. Let's hope it's just a one-off...though I agree with the comments about Erica Flynn. Not sure how she would fit in to that storyline...probably seduced the dealer... and a big NO , to any Lisbon jealousy.

Please writers, let's stick to what PJ became popular for.

bee Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 10:54 AM | Message # 28
Fair Dinkum

I agree AgentM about it becoming too much like NCIS which I gave up on for the same reason as you! I realise there could be more scope for storylines going this way and more challenging for Simon perhaps but can't see the point when this is to be the last season especially with only 13 episodes. I too preferred seeing Jane solve smaller cases in his own inimitable style at the CBI, it being so different from other crime procedurals. It's what made TM so popular and to change the format at this late stage would be wrong (in my opinion). Oh well, perhaps it will be a one-off and Erica Flynn will get her "come uppance"!

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 1:19 PM | Message # 29
Fair Dinkum

Erica Flynn has been a very interesting character, and a real challenge for PJ. They had awesome scenes together.

Why Lebanon? As Erica is still on the run, the only way for the writers to be able to include her in a scenario was if the TM case took place in a foreign country.
Like you, I wouldn't like TM to look like NCIS, but I'm pretty sure it's just for the reason I've mentionned above that they wrote this international criminal case.

Ivana Date: Friday, 08-Aug-14, 2:16 PM | Message # 30
Fair Dinkum

DS_Pallas,
Erica Flynn has been a very interesting character, and a real challenge for PJ. They had awesome scenes together.

Agree with you and I am very excited that she is back smile

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » Season 7 SPOILERS (Spoilers, from reputable sources, about unaired episodes)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz