Tuesday, 23-Apr-24, 10:28 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 02 The Greybar Hotel (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
02 The Greybar Hotel
Fran Date: Tuesday, 05-Aug-14, 11:13 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

02 The Greybar Hotel (filmed as 7.03)

LISBON GOES UNDERCOVER AS A PRISON INMATE TO BUST A CAR THEFT RING, ON “THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, DEC. 7

“The Greybar Hotel” – Lisbon goes undercover as a prison inmate in order to get a convict to turn on her boyfriend, who is the leader of a high-end car theft ring, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, Dec. 7 (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT), on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Lisbon’s going to jail (undercover)! How will Jane feel about having a convict 4 a girlfriend? #TheMentalist 12/7 9pm ET/PT http://bit.ly/1tZrC7c

REGULAR CAST:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Rockmond Dunbar (Dennis Abbot)
Joe Adler (Jason Wylie)
Josie Loren (Michelle Vega)

GUEST CAST:
Garcelle Beauvais (Danitra Cass)
Brit Morgan (Marie)
Val Lauren (Cole)
Tom Kiesche (Hendricks)
Ryan Dorsey (Benson)
Michael Christian Alexander (Austin Cop)
Monica Garcia (Guard)
Cher Ferreyra (Lead Inmate)
Heather Brooker (Second Inmate)
Stella Baker (Angry Inmate)
Luis Jimenez (Clerk)

WRITTEN BY: Jordan Harper
DIRECTED BY: Bill Eagles

Hayseed Date: Tuesday, 05-Aug-14, 3:36 PM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

"The Greybar Hotel" is a jail cell, so this could be about anything.

Fran Date: Wednesday, 12-Nov-14, 1:22 AM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

1st post updated with Press Release.

Simon's daughter Stella in the cast list as 'Angry Inmate'

kim Date: Monday, 01-Dec-14, 3:17 AM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

Sneak Preview for Grey Bar Hotel:
Grey Bar Hotel Preview

bee Date: Friday, 05-Dec-14, 12:20 PM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

This episode was OK but I would like to have seen a little more of Jane. Having said that there were some sweet moments between him and Lisbon, ie the car scene at the beginning of the episode. Jane telling Lisbon to tell just one lie and the rest to be the truth came into play when Lisbon opened up about her true feelings for Jane to Marie in the cell, especially when she admitted that she still didn't know if Patrick would stay! So she obviously still has some doubts about their relationship! Pleased to see the vest made a brief appearance and Lisbon saying she liked it. Now we know why Jane starts to wear it again in later episodes! Their pact to keep their relationship a secret seems to be working (hence no hugging or kissing) and I like the fact that the writers are leaving much of their relationship to the audience's imagination for the moment. It keeps the suspense going!

The scene with Vega drinking from Jane's cup was hilarious. Wylie seemed panicked that somone else had dared to use Jane's cup and was scared that Jane would find out. I'm getting to like Wylie more and more each week and I love the interaction between him and Vega.

I thought Stella played her part well and I wonder if she will go into acting when she leaves College. I think she looks a lot like Simon. I thought Vega was going to complain to Cho about Jane leaving her stranded (like Fischer) but she just wanted to work more closely with Cho. I think she can relate to Cho because of her military past.

Jane came up with yet another ingenious escape plan involving a mop and a bucket with a hole in it. Classic Jane but where does he come up with these ideas? (Still can't get over his prison escape plan involving a mouse in "Black Gold and Red Blood" in Season 2). However, risking life and limb to rescue Lisbon without backup and just his wallet and a rear view mirror was a little foolhardy even for him! Shows how desperate he felt.

Great lines:

Jane: "I'll wait for you".
Lisbon: "You wore a vest".
Jane: "This old thing, thought I should look the part".
Lisbon: "I like it".
Jane: "Can you even live without a gall bladder?"
Lisbon: "I don't know what's gonna happen, he's gonna stick around or........"
Jane: "You wanna know how I got her to lower her guard? I lowered my own".

On the whole I liked the episode but can't wait for next week. Jane's face and remark on seeing Erica Flynn's photo said it all......"Oh!"

Wand6122360 Date: Friday, 05-Dec-14, 1:48 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Your summary says it all, bee. At first, this episode slightly disappointed me as well. But when I digested it, I realized that it had made me think about Jane and Lisbon's relationship, which I like doing. Jane and Lisbon are still feeling their way towards each other, and it's much more interesting to have this kind of approach than to give me the cheese fest that a part of me secretly wants....I know that smooching would bore me silly and disappoint me. I am very eager for the next episode. The show has caught me, hook, line and sinker. It is really going to be a good year for The Mentalist.

Message edited by Wand6122360 - Friday, 05-Dec-14, 2:34 PM

amanda Date: Saturday, 06-Dec-14, 5:44 PM | Message # 7
Cobber

I really loved this episode !
And at the end, PJ's big surprise for Erica's comeback !!!! tongue

I had not recognized Stella at first biggrin

Message edited by amanda - Sunday, 07-Dec-14, 6:11 PM

marta75 Date: Saturday, 06-Dec-14, 10:16 PM | Message # 8
Rip Snorter

I loved how Robin acted in this episode. It's great because "le tango se danse à deux". And she's definitely sexier than before. It was a very well done episode. All characters were very well played and the jisbon moments were "al dente". Now I'm very happy with the beginning of the season. smile

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Sunday, 07-Dec-14, 1:55 PM | Message # 9
True Blue

Quote amanda ()
I had not recognized Stella first biggrin

Me too, Amanda - although I knew she must be there somewhere, I didn´t recognize her at first. She did a good job, the cute girl!

I liked the episode.
Much action (Jesus, really!),
Jane´s plan for the break-out,
the slight hint of a possible Wiley-Vega-Cho triangle,
the moment with Jane and Teresa on the phone on how to lower one´s guard...

looking forward to Erica Flynn next week

Fran Date: Monday, 08-Dec-14, 1:27 AM | Message # 10
Fair Dinkum

Mixed feelings about this ep - for me it was a bit like the curate's egg, good in parts. Although that's probably a bit unfair of me because in places I thought it was brilliant. But parts of it just didn't quite work for me, e.g. I felt the opening car chase scene lasted too long, thought the plot was pretty weak in places, and found Lisbon unconvincing as a criminal. But totally loved all the Jane scenes, each one felt so precious that I wanted to savour them again and again. Favourites were with Lisbon in the car ("I'll wait for you"), the prison visit (gall bladder talk) and the "tough cookie" phone call with Lisbon. But also enjoyed the Lisbon prison cell chat after the phone call and loved the Cho/Lisbon interaction when they met at the crime scene. And I really like the way they're handling the relationship stuff.

kim Date: Monday, 08-Dec-14, 4:51 AM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I held out from looking at the comments here until after watching the episode tonight. It's crazy how long it takes to get to Sunday from Thursday! I also had some mixed feelings about the show at first. I think the car chase scene was a bit gratuitous. I loved the Jane and Lisbon chats in the car, the prison and the rescue. I am pleased that the writer's are keeping things very low key and leaving much of the relationship to the viewer's imagination. I was surprised by Abbott in this one and how fierce he was. Great ending scene leading us to the next episode. I can hardly wait!

Peithon Date: Monday, 08-Dec-14, 12:43 PM | Message # 12
Rip Snorter

Episode was Meh. Bruno Heller's Black Gold and Red Blood was a far superior jail episode. Of course the Jane bits were the best, Lisbon is completely unconvincing as a cop in jail and the plot was absurd. However I enjoyed Abbott's menacing turn in interrogation and Jane's concerned 'Ohhh' when he sees Erica Flynn's picture. Looking very much forward to that episode. Also, props to Stella, she was good, and she sure looks like her dad.

Message edited by Peithon - Monday, 08-Dec-14, 1:44 PM

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 08-Dec-14, 2:48 PM | Message # 13
Fair Dinkum

A good episode, well paced.
I won't be so hard as Peithon, I rather thought the plot (who was not so bad) was an effective device for the writer to tell about Lisbon and Jane relationship.
While Heller and Co seem keen on NOT showing anything physical between the lovers (no kisses, no hugs, no touches, only looks), IMO this plot was meant to show what they feel about each other when they are apart. Loved the truth inside the lie when Teresa talk about her boyfriend in the cell. And Jane anxiety, alone on his couch at the office, worrying about her, because now he has something (or someone in that matter) to lose again, and he's absolutely frightened.

Moreover, I'm sure this critical situation where they almost lost their life will be taken into account, when Jane will start to question his will to stay in or leave Law enforcement further in the season.

Every Jane/Lisbon scenes were great (the phone conversation!), as well as the Jane/Abbott's or Jane/Vega's.

Lisbon was a bit too soft for an inmate, was it a delibarate choice of acting from the director? We've already seen her much tougher (yes she can be a tough cookie! happy ) so I wonder if it's a way of painting Lisbon character adopting a low profile to avoid any fuss and gain the trust of Mary, or a flaw in the script/directing. Because I know Robin can do "tough" when needed.

And yes, Stella B. was good!

I really love the way this season 7 has started.

PJaneloke Date: Tuesday, 09-Dec-14, 3:38 PM | Message # 14
Surfie

If I don't compare this to the previous Jane's jail break episode (one of my all time favorite), I will say this is a fairly good episode.
I like the plan for their jail break, all the scene between Jane and Lisbon as well as how nervous Jane was for lisbon through out the episode. Honestly I think I'm still not use to this caring, honest Jane.

redbird Date: Tuesday, 09-Dec-14, 4:28 PM | Message # 15
Dinkie-Di

I really wanted to love this episode but I didn't. I loved parts of it - Jane and Lisbon's conversation in the car, their phone conversation and the jailbreak plan - but the rest of it was just blah. It was a good episode but it wasn't great. However, I must say that the episode contained two of my most favorite Patrick Jane lines from the whole series: 1) I'll wait for you and 2) I let my own guard down. I thought that those two lines were perfection.

Message edited by redbird - Tuesday, 09-Dec-14, 4:28 PM

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 7 » 02 The Greybar Hotel (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz