Saturday, 18-May-24, 8:24 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
AgentM Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 9:09 PM | Message # 631
Bee's Knees

Have just been voting non-stop for the last 10 mins and noticed that during that period, instead of increasing, the total is DEcreasing. Here's a thought - maybe they have rigged the voting so that if multiple votes come from the same IP address, it has the reverse effect and starts to take votes off. Seems strange that everyone here who has been voting constantly are reporting that the votes are decreasing rapidly.

I've been duped liked that before --- tried voting continuously for something and then realised that I was actually knocking votes off rather than putting them on.

What do you think? Maybe we should slow Bonbon down before her hand falls off! We are running out of time, though still in the lead.

I know previously you could vote as many times as you wanted, but maybe - since it's down to the wire -- they've changed the voting?

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 9:29 PM | Message # 632
Bee's Knees

Yikes! surprised We've just lost the lead! Man this thing works fast...what to do...what to do!!!

bonbon Date: Wednesday, 12-Mar-14, 10:22 PM | Message # 633
Jillaroo

AgentM....You got what you wanted. I QUIT voting!!!

AgentM Date: Thursday, 13-Mar-14, 9:36 AM | Message # 634
Bee's Knees

Hope I didn't upset you with the suggestion, Bonbon. That was never my intention. sad I don't know for sure that that's what they are doing...just seemed a little bit suspicious, so I thought I would point it out. You've done a fab job getting the show this far.

Fran Date: Thursday, 13-Mar-14, 10:37 AM | Message # 635
Fair Dinkum

I know you love a good conspiracy theory AgentM, but I don't think anything like that is happening here. BATB fans are certainly voting multiple times rapidly, and some of them are obviously spending the whole day voting. Which means their show is getting more votes than The Mentalist, its as simple as that.

bonbon Date: Thursday, 13-Mar-14, 4:24 PM | Message # 636
Jillaroo

Since I QUIT voting ALTOGETHER yesterday, my curiosity kicked in this morning so I logged on to see the current percentage count…………….SORRY I DID! ASHAMED of 29.59. Lost cause now! Got any other suggestions, AgentM?
P.S. Thanks, Fran!

Tina Date: Thursday, 13-Mar-14, 5:45 PM | Message # 637
Fair Dinkum

I did quite some votes this morning but nothing happened to the percentage, it got even worse. It's really strange. So let them win this vote, but let TM be renewed.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 13-Mar-14, 7:36 PM | Message # 638
Bee's Knees

Quote bonbon ()
Since I QUIT voting ALTOGETHER yesterday, my curiosity kicked in this morning so I logged on to see the current percentage count…………….SORRY I DID! ASHAMED of 29.59. Lost cause now! Got any other suggestions, AgentM?

Wow...I know you probably didn't mean to sound aggressive there, Bonbon...but I gotta say, I'm feelin' it. sad I hope you're not hinting that maybe my suggestion is the reason TM is now 'a lost cause'. All I can do is offer an olive branch - I wasn't suggesting that you were causing the rapid drop in figures --- just pointing out that some websites have worked that way, in my experience. flower

258pce Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 1:44 AM | Message # 639
Cobber

The whole eonline poll seems rather fishy. Not only do they suggest that you can save a show by voting despite past winners actually being cancelled, but there have been many complaints on twitter about people having trouble accessing the site, the site not accepting the coded messages, and other shenanigans. On top of that there have been several significant "jumps" in the numbers the last day in favor of batb. Many people just couldn't vote and eventually gave up voting.

Although I know there was no guarantee of saving any show, participation in the poll showed support for TM and many were doing their best to keep a good showing. I, too, voted constantly only to see the numbers decline every 20 minutes or so. It was very perplexing. sad

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 3:37 AM | Message # 640
Bee's Knees

According to latest info, CBS has not renewed TM and the polls have nothing to do with it. It's just about money. We're all sorry, but maybe Simon wants to pursue other projects and he will be free to do so. Maybe we get to see "Breath" realized.

Tina Date: Friday, 14-Mar-14, 1:15 PM | Message # 641
Fair Dinkum

I just left a message on the CBS website and telling them how unfair it is to not renew TM. I know it doesn't help, but it makes me feel good to at least tell them how I feel.
I just read comments that were left on the site the article about the renewals is. Many are upset about TM, because it really is the best on tv!
I hope many people send messages to TM and maybe make petitions so they really renew it.

Fran Date: Sunday, 16-Mar-14, 12:43 PM | Message # 642
Fair Dinkum

bee Date: Sunday, 16-Mar-14, 1:14 PM | Message # 643
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Fran, we shouldn't give up yet, there's still time for a deal to be made.

Wand6122360 Date: Sunday, 16-Mar-14, 2:11 PM | Message # 644
Bee's Knees

Thanks for the glimmer of hope, Fran!

Evy Date: Sunday, 16-Mar-14, 2:16 PM | Message # 645
Fair Dinkum

I don't understand : I have a message with Fran's link : "This page doesn't exist !" error 404 sad

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz