Sunday, 05-May-24, 4:01 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
June Date: Tuesday, 01-Apr-14, 1:47 PM | Message # 661
Bee's Knees

Question: Any news on The Mentalist? Do we know if we'll get a seventh season, of if the sixth one will be the last of the show? - Elisabetta

Matt Roush: At this point, it doesn't look like that decision will be made until CBS sets the new fall lineup in May. But given how unimpressive the reboot has been, it might be a mercy to not try to extend it yet another season (and the seventh would almost certainly be the last, as it was for earlier procedurals like Cold Case and Without a Trace). I wouldn't be surprised either way, but given how successful The Mentalist once was for CBS, it would be nice for the show to get at least a little bit of an actual send-off.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Ask-Matt-Hannibal-1079823.aspx

Tina Date: Tuesday, 01-Apr-14, 2:27 PM | Message # 662
Fair Dinkum

Unimpressive??? Where does HE live? The reboot is very successful and many people love it. Even more than before.

Yes, it once was successful, on a better day and better time. And it still would be!

Mossibecca Date: Tuesday, 01-Apr-14, 9:52 PM | Message # 663
Bee's Knees

I think he is watching a different programme to me!!

Fran Date: Thursday, 03-Apr-14, 12:09 PM | Message # 664
Fair Dinkum

Saw this on tumblr, is there anyone here who watched the whole show and can confirm whether or not it's accurate?

bee Date: Thursday, 03-Apr-14, 12:51 PM | Message # 665
Fair Dinkum

I know I'm clutching at straws (yet again) but I looked up the crucial word here "pretend" and it means "to behave so as to make it appear that something is the case when in fact it is not". As you can tell I'm NOT giving up hope yet! Am I sad to be so hopeful? sad

June Date: Thursday, 03-Apr-14, 5:21 PM | Message # 666
Bee's Knees

Quote Fran ()
is there anyone here who watched the whole show and can confirm whether or not it's accurate?

Yes, it's accurate. I've watched the full show and Simon says that in a small clip before the commercial break, although this part is not in the following interview.

Fran Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 0:41 AM | Message # 667
Fair Dinkum

Thanks June flower I was a bit confused by Simon saying they wouldn't find out for a month or 2, but now it's been reported that Warners are trying to shop it elsewhere, it explains it.

It sounds to me like they've got into the mindset of it being over, so that if there is a Season 7 it will be a bonus. Probably the best way to approach it, less stress!

June Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 1:18 PM | Message # 668
Bee's Knees

Yes, Fran. Unfortunately they can't decide if there will be a seventh season or not, so it's better to act like that. As you say, "less stress".

No more The Mentalist is something that I don't want to hear, not even think about it. It's going to be hard but I'll get used to that. Blessed dvd!. Actually, I'm more concerned about the last episode of this season. I need a conclusion. I don't care if it's an open ending or not, if Jane and Lisbon end together,... I just need that The Mentalist comes full circle.

DS_Pallas Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 2:04 PM | Message # 669
Fair Dinkum

The most sensible reaction would be "Come on, it's just a TV show!" and relax, but some of us can't help being emotionally affected by TM coming to an end, and I must say, to my great surprise, I may be one of them.
I totally agree with you June, I hope the show will end in a satisfying way. I don't really know what I'm expecting here, maybe just the sense that the writers had stuck to the characters we loved through 6 seasons, were faithfull to their portrait, were respectful towards them and the audience.
I don't really care if Heller and his team choose to write Jane and Lisbon as a romantic couple in the end (because a couple they already are), or choose to make them stay just friends. Whatever they choose will be ok for me, as long as it's credible, in character, rich in terms of emotions, joy or angst, and moving.

June Date: Friday, 04-Apr-14, 7:30 PM | Message # 670
Bee's Knees

Exactly DS, that is what I expect too. I can't help to cry when I watch the final episodes of my favorite series. And there are not many, believe me. It's like a ritual, with a box of tissues next to me, waiting for the final moment and start to cry . The Mentalist is above all others. So if finally this is the end, I want to do it like a baby. weep

Peithon Date: Saturday, 05-Apr-14, 2:31 AM | Message # 671
Rip Snorter

Don't take anything Matt Roush says seriously, he doesn't like The Mentalist, he's too busy fawning over The Good Wife in TVGuide.

Tina Date: Saturday, 05-Apr-14, 8:54 AM | Message # 672
Fair Dinkum

I've had a few favorite tv shows in the past, but nothing was comparable with what I feel for TM now. No one of the other shows ran that long, and no one of the others was so perfect in all details like TM. So nothing I've ever experienced on tv will be like when I watch the final episode of TM. But just so good we live in a time with DVDs. So we can watch again and again.

June Date: Saturday, 05-Apr-14, 1:24 PM | Message # 673
Bee's Knees

A final episode that we'll watch next year. biggrin

Tina Date: Saturday, 05-Apr-14, 5:21 PM | Message # 674
Fair Dinkum

YES June. Next year! Or the year after. But not this year.

marta75 Date: Saturday, 05-Apr-14, 7:43 PM | Message # 675
Rip Snorter

They can't end Mentalist in two or three episodes in season 6. Too many things are still mysterious (like Jane's childhood, the blake association...). In my opinion, it would be a real mess !!! surprised

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist » Articles & Info (not Simon-specific)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz