The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Love from Ground Zero
Love from Ground Zero
Green Date: Wednesday, 19-Nov-14, 2:54 PM | Message # 46
Surfie

When I go to the movie's website I see no place where I can pre-order, and when I try the "contact" page to message them, that doesn't work at all. If you are in touch with them, maybe you could ask them for info on how to order it, or if their website only works with particular browsers? I tried it with Google Chrome and Firefox.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Wednesday, 19-Nov-14, 6:35 PM | Message # 47
True Blue

Green, I don´t think there is a browser problem, they just don´t do a pre-orders yet -
they tweeted this lately:
LoveFrom GroundZero ‏@LoveGroundZero 18 Std.Vor 18 Stunden
@Bethy1416 Yes! Will be available on our online store (link to be posted shortly) and
a preorder to go live next week.

Message edited by beautyfulbabyboy - Wednesday, 19-Nov-14, 6:36 PM

ruuger Date: Wednesday, 19-Nov-14, 7:12 PM | Message # 48
Cobber

It's quite likely that they'll release the DVD in a region free NTSC since they have no interest in limiting the release and apparently aren't going through a large distributor (the whole region system is mostly just a way for big distributors to stagger a release). The one reason why they might have to do only one region is if the film uses some content (for example pop songs) that they don't have the rights to distribute in/outside US.

Message edited by ruuger - Wednesday, 19-Nov-14, 7:13 PM

marta75 Date: Wednesday, 19-Nov-14, 8:24 PM | Message # 49
Rip Snorter

Quote Fran ()
I also don't know if they're doing subtitles, I suggested to them that at least English and perhaps French subtitles were worth considering.
I hope there will be at least English subtitles wink

Fran Date: Friday, 21-Nov-14, 11:22 AM | Message # 50
Fair Dinkum

LoveFrom GroundZero ‏@LoveGroundZero
Now the waiting game until #LoveFromGroundZero HD Director’s Cut out 12/16/14. International preorders LIVE this Tues Nov 25th for holidays!

[This implies that the DVD will be suitable for international DVD players, but I've learnt from experience to never make assumptions! So I've asked specifically if this means that the DVD will play on DVD players in All Regions. I'm waiting for confirmation on that, and also about whether it will have subtitles]

bee Date: Friday, 21-Nov-14, 11:57 AM | Message # 51
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the info Fran, much appreciated.

Tina Date: Friday, 21-Nov-14, 2:25 PM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

I'm very happy we get a DVD and not just a download on itunes. Hopefully with some great extra materia.

I have a codefree player. As soon as possible I will pre-order smile
But since it is for international sale, the DVD should be codefree.

Fran Date: Friday, 21-Nov-14, 11:51 PM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

Ptarmigan Films have confirmed that new DVD will play All Regions

Press Release
SCENIC OVERLOOK SET TO RELEASE HD REMASTER OF “LOVE FROM GROUND ZERO”, ‘THE MENTALIST’ STAR SIMON BAKER’S FIRST LEADING ROLE IN A FEATURE FILM. ON DECEMBER 16, 2014
RELEASE FOLLOWS NOV 30th PREMIERE OF SEASON 7 of ‘THE MENTALIST’

LOS ANGELES, CA, November 18, 2014: SCENIC OVERLOOK and Director Stephen Grynberg are set to release the HD re-mastered Director’s Cut of the 1998 film ‘Love From Ground Zero’ in digital and on DVD Tuesday, December 16th via LoveFromGroundZero.com.

The film stars SIMON BAKER (“The Mentalist, “The Guardian), in his first leading role in a feature film, Emmy Award Winner PRUITT TAYLOR VINCE (JFK, “Murder One”), JACQUELINE MCKENZIE (“Deep Blue Sea,” “The 4400”), KATHRYN ERBE (“Law & Order,” “What About Bob?”), and the late, JAMES GAMMON (“Major League,” “Cool Hand Luke”).

Love From Ground Zero marked the feature film debut of award winning director STEPHEN GRYNBERG ( “A Live Ascending”) and features the striking cinematography of Oscar-winning Director of Photography MAURO FIORE (“Avatar” ) as he captures the majesty of a timeless America set against a stunning original acoustic score by American music legend and Grammy Award Winner, JOHN MCEUEN, a founding member of the Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.

Love From Ground Zero follows three strangers (Simon Baker, Jacqueline McKenzie, and Pruitt Taylor Vince) across the back roads of America with the ashes of a mutual friend. Using a series of old postcards as a road map, the threesome drive from New York to Montana retracing their friend’s journey “out west” years before. As they try to make sense of the untimely death, they are forced to face the realities in their own lives that have brought them down this unpredictable road.

WATCH THE TRAILER HERE: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3wVTNsAVdc
CONTACT & FOLLOW INFORMATION:
Matt Cohen | Ptarmigan Films
mcohen@ptarmiganfilms.com

Official Website: http://lovefromgroundzero.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/lovegroundzero
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LoveFromGroundZero
Instagram: http://instagram.com/lovefromgroundzero

DS_Pallas Date: Saturday, 22-Nov-14, 3:07 PM | Message # 54
Fair Dinkum

On Twitter:

LoveFrom GroundZero ‏@LoveGroundZero
Outtake from #LoveFromGroundZero. With #SimonBaker's grin & @McKenzie_jac's glare, this was sure to be a good time.

jacqueline mckenzie ‏@McKenzie_jac
@LoveGroundZero #SimonBaker cut my hair for the shoot : cropped bob to this pixie using pink disposable razor! #hilarious hiddentalents

smile

Fran Date: Saturday, 22-Nov-14, 4:35 PM | Message # 55
Fair Dinkum

lol Love It!

Tina Date: Saturday, 22-Nov-14, 6:00 PM | Message # 56
Fair Dinkum

Unbelievable! I knew he cut his own hair but even the hair of his collegues? He sure has many talents. So nice to get some backstage info of LFGZ now. Really one of my favorite movies.

bee Date: Saturday, 22-Nov-14, 6:29 PM | Message # 57
Fair Dinkum

Is there nothing this man can't do? tongue

ruuger Date: Saturday, 22-Nov-14, 10:40 PM | Message # 58
Cobber

Why do I remember that he's said that he cuts/used to cut Rebecca's hair as well? I have this mental image of an interview where he was asked if he had any hidden talents and he said that he cuts his wife's and children's hair... Or have I just imagined the whole thing? biggrin

kim Date: Sunday, 23-Nov-14, 1:27 AM | Message # 59
Bee's Knees

ruuger- I remember an interview where he says that he does cut his own and his kid's hair. Not sure that I remember him saying anything about Rebecca's though.

Fran Date: Sunday, 23-Nov-14, 1:17 PM | Message # 60
Fair Dinkum

Yeah, I remember a mention somewhere of him being the family hairdresser or something like that, but I don't remember Rebecca being mentioned specifically.

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Love from Ground Zero
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz