The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Breath
Tassie Date: Monday, 27-Aug-18, 5:32 PM | Message # 931
Bee's Knees

It will be well worth the wait Tina, and I"m sure it will play ok.

tigglewink01 Date: Monday, 27-Aug-18, 5:38 PM | Message # 932
Rip Snorter

Hi Tassie. Thanks for the name of the seller. I hope so too I cannot wait. biggrin How are you doing well I hope. I'm not at the moment as my mum passed away yesterday after a long illness and old age. cry

Tassie Date: Tuesday, 28-Aug-18, 4:33 PM | Message # 933
Bee's Knees

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news tigglewink. My thoughts are with you, take care of yourself.

tigglewink01 Date: Tuesday, 28-Aug-18, 7:01 PM | Message # 934
Rip Snorter

Thanks you very much. The funeral isn't until September 20th and thanks you for your thoughts.

kim Date: Wednesday, 29-Aug-18, 5:04 PM | Message # 935
Bee's Knees

My DVD has shipped of Breath! Can't wait to see it, but kinda bummed out that I won't be able to see it on a big screen first. All of the screenings have been very far from where I live. sad

tigglewink01 Date: Wednesday, 29-Aug-18, 5:09 PM | Message # 936
Rip Snorter

Yeah I'm waiting for mine to come. Where do you live and I'm with you I live in Britain and we are always missing out on the best films.

Tina Date: Thursday, 30-Aug-18, 2:30 PM | Message # 937
Fair Dinkum

I'm very sorry for your loss tigglewink!

bee Date: Thursday, 30-Aug-18, 6:47 PM | Message # 938
Fair Dinkum

So sorry to hear about your mum tigglewink. Thinking of you, take care. xx

tigglewink01 Date: Thursday, 30-Aug-18, 8:13 PM | Message # 939
Rip Snorter

Thanks Tina and thanks Bee for your kind words. I live 200 miles from where my mum lives and so I'm driving down the day before. Two of my nephews up here will be driving down too. I cannot wait I hope my DVD hurries up from Australia again I cannot wait. I hope You all well and I'm thinking I'm going to have an early night as I have a slight headache brewing. So good night for now.

kim Date: Tuesday, 04-Sep-18, 11:52 PM | Message # 940
Bee's Knees

Tigglewink01 Sorry for your loss. Hopefully the time spent with family will be really meaningful though. I live in the US but in the middle of nowhere. But I did get my DVD yesterday !!!!!!!!! It was so worth the wait. The music and cinematography was amazing. I really was moved by the whole thing. It was really fun to hear Simon with his normal speaking voice and accent. Sad that I didn't get to see it on a big screen but maybe some day I will. Yeah Simon!! You definitely did not make "another crap film"! I am so glad he listened to his wife and took the risk.

tigglewink01 Date: Wednesday, 05-Sep-18, 6:49 AM | Message # 941
Rip Snorter

She has always been the woman behind the successful man. That's how a good marriage should be helping each other talking things out, equal status in their decisions, and best of all Loving each other deeply. Thank you for your kind words. I'm hoping that my DVD has come I was at work so I have to go and pick it up at the Post Office this afternoon as it was the only time I could get and it being open. I will get back to you if it is as I'm also waiting for a new internet box too. Thanks again.

Tassie Date: Friday, 14-Sep-18, 4:46 PM | Message # 942
Bee's Knees

Breath being premiered at OZ film festival in London at Regent Street Cinema on 19th October. Maybe we'll get to see it on the big screen in UK after all.

tigglewink01 Date: Friday, 14-Sep-18, 4:59 PM | Message # 943
Rip Snorter

I hop e so I will definitely go if its at my cinema but knowing my cinema it won't be aired here. I have seen it on DVD but its not the same as you would see it on the big screen.

bee Date: Friday, 14-Sep-18, 5:02 PM | Message # 944
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for the info Tassie. Sounds promising!

DS_Pallas Date: Monday, 29-Oct-18, 8:32 PM | Message # 945
Fair Dinkum

The AACTA Awards nominees have been announced
https://www.timeout.com/sydney....-102918

Australia’s answer to the Oscars takes place in Sydney again in December, offering the industry’s highest accolades for filmmaking as well as awards for television and online content, and the nominees in all categories have just been announced.
Leading the pack in the film categories is Bruce Beresford’s nostalgic period drama Ladies in Black, about employees at a David Jones-style store in Sydney in the 1950s. It’s been nominated for 11 AACTA Awards including all the biggies: Best Film, Best Director, two for Best Lead Actress (Julia Ormond and Angourie Rice), Supporting Actress (Noni Hazlehurst), Adapted Screenplay, Cinematography, et cetera.

Its competition for Best Film are Joel Edgerton’s US-set drama Boy Erased (which got 7 nominations); Simon Baker’s Tim Winton adaptation Breath (9); the powerful zombie thriller Cargo (5); and Warwick Thornton’s acclaimed western Sweet Country (10 nominations).
[…]
They’ve also introduced an award for Best Casting. The award spans both film and TV, and the nominees are Breath and Sweet Country up against Easybeats miniseries Friday on My Mind and gay rights saga Riot.
[…]
Edgerton and Simon Baker have tied to become the first people to be nominated for both directing and acting in an Australian film in the same year (Boy Erased and Breath).

The awards will be given out at the Star Event Centre, Sydney on December 3 and 5. You can buy tickets and read the full list of nominees (including the TV categories) at the AACTA website.

•••

https://www.smh.com.au/enterta....ho.html

Breath has a nomination for Best Film
Simon Baker has four nominations for Best Adapted Screenplay, Best Direction, Best production and Best Supporting Actor in his film.
Elizabeth Debicki has a nomination for Best supporting Actress
Nikki Barrett has a nomination for Best Casting
Marden Dean and Rick Rifici have a nomination for Best Cinematography
Danny Cooper has a nomination for Best Editing
Robert MacKenzie has a nomination for Best Sound

•••

BREATH has been nominated for Best Original Score - Independent Film at the Hollywood Music in Media Awards

https://www.hmmawards.com/2018-music-in-visual-media-nominations/

Forum » Film Appearances » Films » Breath
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz