Fair Dinkum

[VIDEO HAS BEEN DELETED by youtube]
Thrill's edited version from Gala's video of Simon at Chantilly:

(1:32) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI0WtELFqC0

(Thanks very much Thrill)

Thrill Date: Wednesday, 20-Jun-12, 1:11 AM | Message # 62
Dinkie-Di

[VIDEOS HAVE BEEN DELETED by youtube]
I have been busy the last few days - having treated myself to some more of Simons old movies......

i have made some versions with all the best Simon bits in......

Ride with the Devil - 1997 - Ride with the Devil SB cut 1997 - long blond hair and riding horses during American civil war...

Judas Kiss 1998 Judas Kiss SB cut 1998 - small time criminals turn to kidnapping but there is treachery ahead...quite graphic.....

Secret Mens Business 1999 - Secret Mens Business 1999 SB cut Aussie lads hide a dark secret from their school days as they meet up at the funeral of an old teacher.....

Then for fun - the 2 interviews from ET in April Simon and Emannuelle on ET April 2012

Am working on Affair of the Necklace but I think it will be more than 15 mins......

Enjoy wink ;) wink

Mossibecca Date: Wednesday, 20-Jun-12, 10:00 AM | Message # 63
Bee's Knees

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you Thrill, what a treat....SO much Simon.. wacko .....very necessary in these almost drought like conditions...OK, OK, I KNOW that there have been a lot of pictures of him....but NO TM....and I miss it so (stamps foot in frustration!!) cry

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 20-Jun-12, 5:03 PM | Message # 64
Bee's Knees

Thrill, did you know that Stella had a bit part in "The Affair" movie.

Thrill Date: Thursday, 21-Jun-12, 4:05 PM | Message # 65
Dinkie-Di

Hi sYlvia. I have looked and didn't see Stella on the credits. Which part did she play. She would have been about 7 I guess...... happy

sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 21-Jun-12, 5:20 PM | Message # 66
Bee's Knees

Towards the end, she is on the shoulder of some guy viewing the lashing of the countess. It was just a crowd shot, no speakig part so no mention in the credits.

Thrill Date: Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 9:33 AM | Message # 67
Dinkie-Di

Affair of the Necklace - Fun version!!

In pre-Revolutionary France, a young aristocratic woman (Hillary Swank) left penniless by the political unrest in the country, must avenge her family's fall from grace by scheming to steal a priceless necklace. She conspires with Retaux, a gigolo, (Simon). They start by using each other but develop feelings leading to a beautiful love scene. Ultimately the scheme goes awry and ends badly for all involved including unwittingly catalysing the downfall of Marie Antoinette.

This movie clip is a collection of scenes to create an image rather than telling the story - and set to music - Nothing Else Matters.
(By the By - Singer and rhythm guitarist James Hetfield wrote the song while he was on the phone with his then girlfriend (now wife - they also have 3 kids). The lyrics, "so close, no matter how far", reflected the bond they shared even when he was on tour. Initially, the song was not meant to be released, as Hetfield had written it for himself, but after drummer Lars Ulrich heard it, it was included on their 5th album Metallica (1992) and is now probably one of their best known tracks. It has been covered over 40 times...... There is a great version from a concert Metallica did with the SFSO in 2000 - check out YouTube).

Back to the movie clip - I have played around with iMovie - trying different video effects - flipping the image, sepia & "romantic" tones, zooming and adding stills - all to get enough footage to last the length of the track. There is alot of bare chested Simon. It may not be to everyone's taste. I hope i don't offend anyone.....

There is a clip at the end of Stella who was an extra in the crowd scene (thank you Sylvia for mentioning this).

Finally though I have to say I do prefer Simon as he is now....

Affair of the Necklace - Simon Baker view

If you like this I have updated - see post in Films.......

Message edited by Thrill - Friday, 06-Jul-12, 5:44 AM

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 11:34 AM | Message # 68
True Blue

Thank you Thrill!
well, offended is not the right word for how I feel seeing Simon like that.... biggrin
(pretty cool fencing-scene.)
Oh, and thanks for the information about the song-lyrics, was new to me!

bee Date: Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 1:15 PM | Message # 69
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Thrill...don't worry I don't think you will offend anyone...certainly made my day! thumb Simon looks so young but I think he looks even better now! Have to agree about the sword fight, nice to see him being 'macho'!! Loved seeing Stella at the end, she looked so sweet.

Message edited by bee - Sunday, 01-Jul-12, 1:57 PM

Thrill Date: Wednesday, 04-Jul-12, 6:53 AM | Message # 70
Dinkie-Di

Simon at Chantilly

New movie of Simon as Longines Ambassador of Elegance at Prix de Diane, Chantilly - June 2012 - using additional footage, slow motion and freeze frame - all set to Chi Mai performed by the New London Orchestra. Enjoy.....

Simon Longine Ambassador Chantilly June 2012 - set to Chi Mai

His visit to Chantilly really sums up his elegance - and i hope this movie & music does it justice. My favourite piece is when he hops out of the car - so graceful and smooth.....
ps I hope this shows that I don't have a 1 track mind.......

Fran Date: Wednesday, 04-Jul-12, 11:13 AM | Message # 71
Fair Dinkum

2010, re-issued 2012 - R U Okay? Day advert

http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/publ/charity/r_u_okay_day_2012/5-1-0-38

Fran Date: Monday, 09-Jul-12, 0:55 AM | Message # 72
Fair Dinkum

17 October 2011 - Signing autographs outside 'Live with Regis & Kelly'

http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/publ....1-0-282

bee Date: Monday, 09-Jul-12, 9:07 AM | Message # 73
Fair Dinkum

He's so sweet and polite.....just wish I could be that lucky one day. Oh well, I can dream! ! happy

fangs4fun Date: Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 4:30 PM | Message # 74
Jillaroo

Thank you for the vids! Really appreciate the effort!

Message edited by fangs4fun - Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 4:31 PM

Thrill Date: Saturday, 14-Jul-12, 12:44 PM | Message # 75
Dinkie-Di

[VIDEOS HAVE BEEN DELETED BY youtube]
Best of Simon's Interviews in 2012

I am starting to work on a movie or 2 for Simon's birthday. The first is going to be highlights from his interviews in 2012. So far I have reduced it down to 3 x 15 YouTube versions :

Simon Baker Interviews 2012 - US part 1

Simon Baker Interviews 2012 ROW

There is no new material here - just adding shorter clips together. the US part 2 isn't great quality - (better link now below) - I had issues with the Ellen video - I had to use one from YouTube. I had downloaded a better version (of the whole show) but it kept getting blocked so I couldn't use it.

Anyway the next step is to reduce this further to 1 x 15 min YouTube - with the best bits - to show all sides of Simon

Better link for US part 2

Simon Baker Interviews 2012 - US part 2

Message edited by Thrill - Saturday, 14-Jul-12, 4:57 PM

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Videos » Other
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz