Friday, 19-Apr-24, 6:05 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » How to survive the Hiatus in 18 Easy Steps!!!
How to survive the Hiatus in 18 Easy Steps!!!
sylvia5993 Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 5:07 PM | Message # 16
Bee's Knees

Also you might want to try the Lapsang Suchong which he drinks in the show as Patrick. It is a very smokey and flavorful tea which I have enjoyed tremendously and now I've discovered a recipe that is quite intriguing. Seep a packet of this tea for 6 hours in 6 oz of Cherry Liqueur then discard (do this while you watch the first season over) then mix 1 oz with a dash of bitters and 2 shots of Bourbon on ice and sip (while enjoying seasons 2 and 3).

justlook3 Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 5:35 PM | Message # 17
Bee's Knees

I've not ever been fond of Lapsang Suchong (my husband is, he likes the smokey teas) but that cocktail recipe sounds really good!

KathyF Date: Tuesday, 22-May-12, 4:52 AM | Message # 18
Rip Snorter

Thrill,I did just that. I ordered all three seasons of The Guardian, and the first three of The Mentalist! I only started following Simon last Spring, and I'm a teacher, so I had a whole Summer off to totally absorb him...oh, and I bought most of his movies too....I really had some catching up to do! What fun I have had!!!! Only problem is...I have gained a little weight dry

alibongo Date: Tuesday, 22-May-12, 8:47 PM | Message # 19
Ankle Biter

I've just started re-watching from season 1, figured that by the time I finish i should be ready for the latest dvd biggrin

Thrill Date: Friday, 25-May-12, 12:17 PM | Message # 20
Dinkie-Di

Hey Kathy I hope you have fun with all the videos. It's what I did last winter (summer) and I started watching traveling to work on the train instead of cycling so I too put on some weight.....
Anyway almost over E24 now so will talk about movies soon wacko wacko wacko

Tina Date: Friday, 25-May-12, 12:23 PM | Message # 21
Fair Dinkum

I've never seen a cafe in Germany that serves Lapsang Suchong but when I was in Switzerland last year just after the Season 3 finale there was a tea room that had it on the menu. Of course! I HAD to order it but I thought the house was on fire when the waitress came with my pot! SO smoky! But it was not bad ...but I prefer herbal tea like peppermint or camomille.

Still not over E24 ....can't wait to watch again this evening. Right now I'm SO much into PJ. But I definately want to watch some The Guardian episodes and Love from Ground Zero, over the summer. Maybe my favorite movie Book of Love ... still can't believe it's 4 whole months til TM goes on ...hard to wait so long for new episodes ...

Tina

sylvia5993 Date: Friday, 25-May-12, 5:35 PM | Message # 22
Bee's Knees

Lapsang Suchong is my favorite along with Darjeeling, but it is hard to find so I order from a tea house in Denver, That smokey aroma is just the thing that Patrick would like, although Simon prefers fruit flavored teas or chamomille. You can tell he has put a lot of thought in building this incredible charactor, down to his choice of beverage, apparel and manerisms. Can you pick out from interviews compared to roles which are his and those he has perfected for this charactor.

Thrill Date: Sunday, 10-Jun-12, 12:00 PM | Message # 23
Dinkie-Di

OK - next step to survive the hiatus is to MAKE MOVIES !!!!!

Wouldn't it be great if a few of us could all make Happy Birthday movies for Simon for next month......

I've made a few now and each time it gets easier and is more fun! The reason i make movies is so that I can play them on my iPad when I am travelling to work or flying anywhere. Its great always to have Simon in my handbag!

It really is easy making movies...... I have a Mac so I use iMovie (but my kids use Windows movie maker and it sounds similar - they do this stuff for school now - how life has changed...)
Making movies is like making a photo album - you collect your photos (video clips) - choose the best bits and paste them into your movie. Then you can get creative and add themes and effects as well as alter/enhance the audio (cut out background noise for instance) and video - make lighter/darker etc. Finally to top it off you can add music track as backing.

Where do you get video from - really good source is YouTube. You need some YouTube downloader software - because otherwise each time you watch something on YouTube it streams to your computer but doesn't get recorded. There are lots of free software which does this - I happen to use Wondershare. I paid for an enhancement which converts the YouTube file (.flv) to something useful like .m4p which will play on my iPad.

Not all video is from YouTube - think of all those clips on TF1 and other media sites which wont download with a simple YouTube downloader - I eventually bought Jaksta which downloads nearly everything and does file conversion....
Other sources - iTunes (I buy most of my TV esp TM) - however video from iTunes has DRM (digital rights management) protection in it - its like every page is watermarked. You have to remove this to put it in iMovie - and that is possible but you loose some quality.
Finally I have bought most of Simons movies on DVD - so you need software to rip the DVD to a .m4p file. I use Handbrake which was built for mac (but doen't work as well on Windows).

Just try it. I have made mini movies of his films with just his scenes in. Now I am thinking about the birthday movie......

Good Luck

xx smile smile smile

bee Date: Sunday, 10-Jun-12, 12:33 PM | Message # 24
Fair Dinkum

Great idea Thrill, but it sounds mighty complicated to me. I think I'll have to have a word with my granddaughter!!! dry

justlook3 Date: Sunday, 10-Jun-12, 6:25 PM | Message # 25
Bee's Knees

I've thought about learning how to make videos but that all sounded dreadfully complicated. Maybe I'll play around with Windows Movie Maker this summer. It came preloaded on my computer but I have no idea how to use it.

Thrill Date: Monday, 11-Jun-12, 1:18 AM | Message # 26
Dinkie-Di

Hi justlook3 - have fun - play around with one video to get the hang of it then add a few more. the best bit is you have to spend time looking at all your fav Simon vids and deciding which is the best or shows the image you want..........

kabuky Date: Monday, 11-Jun-12, 3:50 AM | Message # 27
Surfie

I would LOVe to have a video with Simon just surfing. Those few moments on SMITH were AMAZING and i never get tired of watching that surfing sequence. maybe add a few moments of them playing in the surf from the Aussie movie he made.....

Since that is what the man loves to do, that would be my addition to his birthday video.....but have NO IDEA how to do it. I would gladly be relegated to surf board waxer...

Message edited by kabuky - Monday, 11-Jun-12, 3:52 AM

bluemoon_999 Date: Monday, 11-Jun-12, 4:01 AM | Message # 28
Blow-In

Thrill, great idea about the TG vs. TM movie project. That coat definitely reminds me of Nick Fallin. Something else that made me lol while watching TG was how incompetent the cops are in TG when Simon plays a lawyer. And then the lawyers are bad in TM when he plays a semi-cop. Would be funny to see Patrick Jane ridicule or help Nick Fallin. Just a thought.

Thrill Date: Monday, 11-Jun-12, 4:55 PM | Message # 29
Dinkie-Di

ohhhh - I like the surf idea - may have a play with that next weekend.

As for Patrick Jane vs Nick Fallon - ouch - that just makes my head spin. I was more thinking of times when they look similar (the coat thing) or have same mannerisms etc etc. Later TG episodes when Simons hair is longer and a little (just a little) wilder. he also shows off his bod much more in TG...... and he is still very fit - such a waste!

kabuky Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 4:15 AM | Message # 30
Surfie

Quote (Thrill)
ohhhh - I like the surf idea - may have a play with that next weekend.

OHHHHHH cry PLEASE!!!!!

Alright, to those of you who are video savvy, I am debating between an Apple or PC for next puter.....any comments?? i have never touched anything for video but may get bored/inspired so which is easier to make a video on???

I would LOVE to have a video of surfin' Simon; anyone know if any video/pictures were taken/available of his championship days?

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » How to survive the Hiatus in 18 Easy Steps!!!
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz