Friday, 29-Mar-24, 3:06 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » How to survive the Hiatus in 18 Easy Steps!!!
How to survive the Hiatus in 18 Easy Steps!!!
Nixenkind Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 10:39 AM | Message # 1
Jillaroo

This was written for another show, but I loved it so much that I modified it for us... Enjoy!

-= HOW TO SURVIVE THE HIATUS in 18 EASY STEPS =-
(12 STEPS AIN'T ENOUGH!)

1. Watch your taped eps
a) in order
b) only the ones that suit your personal 'shipper fantasy
c) in order of the number of articles of clothing Jane removes during the episode
e) watch the reruns

2. Visit your fansites daily to post ON topic. Search for new websites and new fellow fans. Help compile stuff for a website. Contribute to forums and visit them regularly.

3. Stalk Simon Baker. Compliment him on his exceptional acting skills, not his fine, fine body. OR:
Compliment him on his fine, fine body, and be prepared for the consequences. Alternatively, write Simon Baker a fan letter (too geeky?) or find out what he's up to on hiatus himself.

4. Print out a picture of Patrick Jane and put in on your
a) fridge
b) bedside table (NOT for those with S.O.'s!)
c) front lawn, in flowers (Irish Moss for the eyes)
d) ceiling of your bedroom, just over the bed.
e) glue it to a roll-up shade so you can hide it from S.O., but roll it down when you're alone

5. Try to develop an Australian, Californian, L.A.-area kinda accent.

6. Reflect on Jane’s influence on your life since September 2009.
Reflect on your fan activities' influence on your life since September 2009.
Which has done more damage?

7. Speculate wildly about the upcoming seasons, what could happen to Jane. WILDLY, I said.

8. Buy yourself / your man a vest and some baby-blue pajamas. Is it the same? Really?

9. Kneel before your Bruno Heller- shrine OR his picture you pinned on a dartboard before you perforated it with darts and thank him/ yell at him for giving you yet another heart-attack. Whatever suits you. But do it at least once a week.

10. Imagine Patrick Jane stopping by your place. Would he be impressed?

11. It's just a TV show. It's just a TV show. (Intone repeatedly until you realize that it is, in fact, *not* just a TV show anymore.)

12. Can you loll on a couch for hours on end, looking like pure eye candy on display? Patrick Jane can. Work on it.

13. Share your obsession (...no...) addiction (...no...) FOCUSED INTENSITY with one other person. Either as confessional or as proselytizing, Your choice. Spread the love.

14. Do not turn from the faith, my child. There is none so wicked as a fallen Mentalist Fan. If you waver, grab hold of the remote or the mouse (or the mousse – make *your* hair curl like his!!)

15. Cultivate a taste for any food Jane has mentioned and/or consumed. Extra points for foods you wouldn't have even considered eating before.

16. Body part of the month, June, July, and August! The more mature among us can vote for "Simon Baker’s Greatest Acting Scene of the month."

17. Chat with other fans. Often. Cry. Rant. Lose your shit. What Jane can, you should at least try. No, on second thought- don’t try it. Don’t try anything you wouldn’t want to explain to the paramedics.

18. He'll be back in September. Honest. We can make it.

Message edited by Nixenkind - Saturday, 05-May-12, 10:42 PM

June Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 11:21 AM | Message # 2
Bee's Knees

Really funny! :laugh:. I've survived the hiatus with the first step until now, using the different options and work out for me. But I promise I'm going to try to follow the rest of them.

bee Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 12:05 PM | Message # 3
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Nixenkind, really made me laugh. I have already contemplated some of your ideas already but willing to try the rest to get through 'til Autumn. Nice to know there are friends out there to help with our withdrawal symptoms! biggrin

Sun Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 12:16 PM | Message # 4
Cobber

Thank you, Nixenkind! Wonderful! It will help me a LOT to survive this terribly long hiatus as there are some suggestions I didn't consider so far! smile

Deedee Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 1:02 PM | Message # 5
Bee's Knees

Thanks Nixenkind that was so funny. I think we are all going to
need all the help we can get with what are goingto be TERRIBLE
withdrawal symptoms!!

justlook3 Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 8:39 PM | Message # 6
Bee's Knees

Food Jane has consummated? Are we watching a different show? biggrin
We'll survive! We have episodes to rewatch and Simon Baker in the Uk sightings to look out for and we can play endless rounds of Six Degrees of Simon Baker.
Maybe we can host a rewatch or something on the forum? Maybe themes like Ashley Gable episodes or something.

Nixenkind Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 8:53 PM | Message # 7
Jillaroo

Oooohh, that sounds great... I was almost without fellow fans during the last hiatus, so I absolutely enjoy how many like-minded people are on this site!!
As to the food: I have a hunch that if we'd try that, we all would consume a lot of sandwiches biggrin - he seems to eat those on a regular basis.

justlook3 Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 9:23 PM | Message # 8
Bee's Knees

I didn't even start watching the show until last hiatus! So this is my first one to get through. Though sadly I still had a month left to go after I caught up.
Well I was thinking the word in terms of consummate a marriage, if you know what I mean, wink, wink, nudge, nudge.
I think you meant consumed. And yes, a lot of sandwiches. Lucky sandwiches.

Nixenkind Date: Saturday, 05-May-12, 10:42 PM | Message # 9
Jillaroo

Sorry... I'm German, and in Germany we say "konsumieren", which in my silly head is much closer to "consummate" than "consume"- one of my pet mistakes, and it's so EMBARASSING. I'm sorry.

Flip Date: Sunday, 06-May-12, 3:10 AM | Message # 10
Jillaroo

Don't apologize! Consummate makes the sentence a lot more interesting. biggrin Cute list, too!

Geli Date: Sunday, 06-May-12, 4:18 AM | Message # 11
Surfie

Some good suggestions. Understanding that this is a fun list, still nobody should try #3 though. That's a very serious thing and noone should try to do that. As fans we should be very respectful of Mr. Baker's privacy!! Re #15: Somewhere Simon said when asked about the tea on the set that it was Mango Passionfruit something refreshing. I found STASH Mango Passionfruit caffeine free teabags, haven't tried it yet though. What does it say about the state of mind of some of us fans that we're already trying to develop coping strategies for the new-Mentalist-episode-free-time when the finale hasn't even happened yet? mellow

justlook3 Date: Sunday, 06-May-12, 6:49 AM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

Don't apologize, I had no idea you were German! Your English is wonderful. And after all Jane and his tea! wink
You're right too Geli, we shall only stalk in a virtual way by watching interviews on Youtube and looking at photographs on this site. It's safer for all involved.

Nixenkind Date: Sunday, 06-May-12, 8:59 AM | Message # 13
Jillaroo

I would never stalk anybody, so I'm really just kidding here... I'm all about respectful and much too shy to top it off, so no danger from me :D. I'm a strictly virtual stalker, too.

bunnyt Date: Sunday, 06-May-12, 11:21 PM | Message # 14
Jillaroo

Wow!This is a very helpful thing!!..always remember..point 18!!! biggrin

Thrill Date: Thursday, 17-May-12, 4:36 PM | Message # 15
Dinkie-Di

This is great.

I have some more ideas about how to survive the hiatus?? For starters....

If you haven't already done so get hold of the box set of DVDs for the 3 seasons of The Guardian and watch and absorb..........

Then see if you can spot times when Nick and Patrick say something exactly the same - or he wears something the same (S04E18 wearing an overcoat in the morgue at one point was exactly like Nick had worn it heaps of times in TG....)

Or when he screwed up his face on Heartbreak High when Allie tells him she is pregnant and Matt hits him - is just like S4E19 sitting in the Principals office.

In fact this has given me another idea for a movie - the side by side picies showing the similarities (not quite sure how I would do it) - and there are some other movies I want to do first.

Movie making (its easy) - next topic - but not until sat after I have recovered from Friday night viewing E24................. wacko

Forum » Simon / Fun / Videos » Fun Stuff » How to survive the Hiatus in 18 Easy Steps!!!
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz