Thursday, 28-Mar-24, 3:05 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » SITE INFO & HELP » Information, Help & Rules » About the Site (Please see Page 1 for information about the Site)
About the Site
Tassie Date: Friday, 20-Dec-13, 6:46 PM | Message # 46
Bee's Knees

Thank you Evy, you have put my mind at rest.

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Saturday, 21-Dec-13, 1:01 AM | Message # 47
True Blue

where can you see the user´s profile at all?! When ever I accidentially click on a user´s name it says I´m not allowed to see this information...

Evy Date: Saturday, 21-Dec-13, 10:28 AM | Message # 48
Fair Dinkum

@BBB

1. - You click on the top (under Simon's photos) "my profile"
2. - Your "User's profile" is openning (first you can explore it). Don't close
3. - Then under your avatar you click "uNet profile". another window is openning
4. - Top right click "connexion" : you enter your email and the same password used to connect your to the site and enter connexion
5. - You profile is openning : you can see your informations and change them if you want You can change the language (Edit in english and Bearbeiten in German !)
(for information uNet have recently change the presentation of the profile and le former was better and this one is less convenient).
6. - Let the window openned and come back to the first window "User's profile"
7.- Click "find user" or "list of user" (it's the same) : I advise you to change down the number of users 10 to 100 (get fewer pages). click OK (and you can sort if you want
8. - You choose someone and click on the little blue symbol "uNet". The page is openning.

Problem : Will the former version you could watch all the informations of the personn. With this new one, I didn't manage to find how it's done. There is just the name and photo.
Previously you had all the informations regarding the person (those she had saved and not hidden: name, date of birth, city ....) I think you can see all registrants through "uNet" but not only members of our website. and the language or this site is RUSSIAN !....
I will ask Fran on his return to how it can be done.

Well, I hope My explanations are clear and I could help you (and others perhaps).

Let's play biggrin

Sandra Date: Wednesday, 25-Dec-13, 10:28 PM | Message # 49
Jillaroo

Fran. Where are you. You are missed.

Sandra Date: Friday, 07-Feb-14, 5:51 PM | Message # 50
Jillaroo

Fran. I am having trouble viewing the pictures in the photo gallery. I am logged in but still having problems. Any idea what I might be doing wrong
. Thanks.

Fran Date: Friday, 07-Feb-14, 6:27 PM | Message # 51
Fair Dinkum

Sorry about that Sandra, ucoz did a horrible update to the Photo Gallery. They've put a link to the uploader's profile right in the centre of the thumbnail where most people click to view the photo - doh fool

When you click in the centre, it tries to show you the uploader's profile which no-one has permission to see so you get an error screen. The way round it is to click high or low on the thumbnail or on the photo name above the thumbnail.

Sandra Date: Friday, 07-Feb-14, 6:46 PM | Message # 52
Jillaroo

Thank you Fran for the information. Your the best!!

Fran Date: Sunday, 16-Feb-14, 12:48 PM | Message # 53
Fair Dinkum

I've now managed to remove the uploader's profile from the thumbnail and replaced it with album name (i.e. bottom level section, e.g. O&A:2014). So clicking anywhere on the thumbnail will open the photo, and hovering over the thumbnail will show which album the photo is in.

DS_Pallas Date: Sunday, 16-Feb-14, 4:46 PM | Message # 54
Fair Dinkum

Great! You're an ace…

Tassie Date: Sunday, 16-Feb-14, 11:08 PM | Message # 55
Bee's Knees

Thanks Fran-you're so good to us.

Evy Date: Monday, 17-Feb-14, 9:14 AM | Message # 56
Fair Dinkum

Thanks Fran. up

It is true that the new version of uCoz is weird.
For example I do not manage how to find information about users when I connect the accounts on "uNet profile". Previously we could read the details (date of birth, nationality, city). But now there is nothing. it's a shame. I liked to know some information on new entrants to the site ! sad

Message edited by Evy - Monday, 17-Feb-14, 9:14 AM

Tina Date: Monday, 17-Feb-14, 9:44 AM | Message # 57
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for managing this for us Fran. I too clicked on the wrong place of the pic sometimes and then got the info that I'm not allowed to do that.

Fran Date: Monday, 17-Feb-14, 1:12 PM | Message # 58
Fair Dinkum

Yeah this photo gallery update has been a pain, I kept getting the profile screen error too especially on my phone. Also the thumbnail pages looked awful and then I discovered the update had changed the thumbnail size and they were too big to fit properly. So I changed it back and its looking better now.

The one good thing to come out of it is that I've now been able to put a page selector on the main gallery page (which is in descending date added order), so if lots of photos have been added since your last visit, you can scroll through the thumbnails.

Tina Date: Monday, 17-Feb-14, 1:28 PM | Message # 59
Fair Dinkum

Changes aren't always for the better ...

but this is very good that it's possible to check the start site for the photo gallery for ALL new photos, even if there were added a lot. I always like to check like this but sometimes I had to go to the photo albums because too many new ones were there.

At least something good comes out of the changes. But also a lot for work for you Fran to find out how it works best.
Thank you.

Mrpf Date: Wednesday, 11-Jun-14, 7:23 PM | Message # 60
Ankle Biter

Hi Fran,

For any reason I've became an user, but before I was friend. I can not enter in Photo gallery from yesterday. Do you know Why?

Thank you

Forum » SITE INFO & HELP » Information, Help & Rules » About the Site (Please see Page 1 for information about the Site)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz