Sunday, 28-Apr-24, 9:51 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » Episode Chat Poll (Vote for your preferred approach for Episode Chat threads)
Episode Chat Poll
Please vote for your preferred option
1. 2 threads - US & UK pace [ 10 ] [25.00%]
2. A separate thread for each episode [ 30 ] [75.00%]
Answers total: 40
Fran Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 0:37 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

For Season 5 episode chat, I'm not sure which of these options is better:

a) 2 threads, one at US pace and one at UK pace where all episodes are discussed
b) a separate thread for each episode which people could join in when they've seen that episode

So I thought the best thing to do was to give people who would like to participate in the chat, the opportunity to vote for their preferred option. We'll then go with the majority.

angel Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 3:01 AM | Message # 2
Cobber

Not realy sure as no1 worked but obviously we have other nationalities but they are behind in series so unless watch online it gets bit out of order but it worked. No2 is good idea and people can go to an episode at their own pace but does it not take up more space doing thread each one. If it doesn't then might go with 2. But its good whichever way x

lenacr Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 9:06 AM | Message # 3
Dinkie-Di

I am in Greece, but I intend to watch each and every new episode on Monday evening, basically the next evening from its US screening. So, I would be able to follow Option 1 with the US pace - with a slight delay. Option 2 is neater, but, as was mentioned before, maybe it is heavy on internet space, etc. So, both ways will work for me, too. Thanks for either way...

Message edited by lenacr - Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 9:45 PM

Nixenkind Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 10:33 AM | Message # 4
Jillaroo

I'm German, but I watch the episodes Monday morning at 7 o'clock- when I watch them, the US-west coast is still waiting for it, so I'm DEFINITELY US-pace! The second option grants more flexibility, but it's a lot of space... nonetheless, I decide for option two, if that's manageable!

Fran Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 12:01 PM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

Space wouldn't be a problem from the site's point of view. But of course the 2nd option would mean a lot more threads making the section appear more cluttered.

I think the 1st option worked OK last year because only a few people were participating, but I think if lots more people joined in it would become unwieldy. On the other hand, I personally don't think its worth tolerating the clutter of the 2nd option if only 2 or 3 people are posting in each thread. So part of the reason for the poll is also to give some indication of the number of people who are likely to want to participate.

bee Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 12:12 PM | Message # 6
Fair Dinkum

I think Option 1 would be better Fran but of course, as you say, it depends on how many people participate. I think this poll should give you the right answer. Although I'm in the UK I would like to watch at US pace (there's NO WAY I'll be able to wait any longer) ....being a 'technophobe' though ... in other words clueless, I'm not sure what site to go on to watch US pace....can anybody help PLEASE!!

Message edited by bee - Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 12:14 PM

Mossibecca Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 2:13 PM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

I would prefer option 2, though as you say it would take up more space....but so long as I can discuss the episode at all I really don't mind how I do it, so long as I can do it with like minded people!!

Kath Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 3:31 PM | Message # 8
Blow-In

I think option two might be the way to go Fran, i will be watching at UK pace, but if each epsiode is contained in one thread, at least I know to avoid it if I dont wish to know what has happened in detail, at least with one thread per episode you can contain all the chat in one place? if that makes any sense...and members can join in when they have watched each one, at least we will know where to go.

angel Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 3:55 PM | Message # 9
Cobber

Bee, i use project free tv since day one. Usualy on next morning. Just choose one best quality. Lot of then don't let u fast fward or back. If u do it starts again. Few do. Worth a try. http://www.free-tv-video-online.me/internet/the_mentalist/

Lena Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 4:42 PM | Message # 10
Dinkie-Di

I think the 2nd option would be better, in this way each of us can post when have watched the episode.
If I even manage I also intend to watch the season 5 on Internet, so thank you so much angel for the very useful link.

June Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 4:54 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

I don't know what would be better. For me the first option is good because I watch the episodes the next day on internet, I can't wait.
Anyway I'm going to participate whatever decision you take.

bee Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 5:36 PM | Message # 12
Fair Dinkum

Angel many thanks for the info....I'm afraid I can't wait for Channel 5 to get their act together ....thanks also to Nixenkind....where would I be without my Simon friends?? xx

ester10 Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 5:53 PM | Message # 13
Blow-In

I am in Russia, I hope to watch TM next day after CBS, thank you my friends-fans!

angel Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 6:06 PM | Message # 14
Cobber

Bee, Lena ur more than welcome. It works for me so hope its same for you x

Geli Date: Sunday, 23-Sep-12, 7:08 PM | Message # 15
Surfie

I voted for option 2 since usually more than 2 or 3 people comment. If an episode is just so-so then not many people post, but if it's really good many people post. Also this way the opinions from fans all over will be together. Besides people can still comment on team members' characters and speculate about who Red John is or how it will all end in those respective forum threads, which I always find interesting to read because one can go in depth there specifically! holiday icecream online2long

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » Episode Chat Poll (Vote for your preferred approach for Episode Chat threads)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz