Friday, 29-Mar-24, 3:56 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 08 Red Sails in the Sunset (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
08 Red Sails in the Sunset
Evy Date: Tuesday, 01-Jan-13, 0:52 AM | Message # 46
Fair Dinkum

I do not remember what episode he tells Lisbon "I would have married her (speaking of Lorelei) if necessary" ???? unsure

sylvia5993 Date: Tuesday, 01-Jan-13, 1:52 AM | Message # 47
Bee's Knees

This is when Jane kissed Lorelei and Lisbon saw it and was furious that he promised Lorelei to break her out and take her wherever she wanted. and Lisbon asked if he was crazy and he said that quote.

sorchauna Date: Tuesday, 01-Jan-13, 5:13 PM | Message # 48
Jillaroo

Wow very good points which I never had even thought off. Not many shows today can get people coming up wth great ideas and have so many layers to the show. This was an amazing episode and now I have to go back and watch it again so I can look out for people are pointing to! However I do think Jane is capable of sleeping with Lorelai. I mean as Bee points out with Erica and Kristina, I think those situations are different as he would feel guilty if he had even for the moment the idea of moving on. However I do think he would be capable of sleeping with Lorelai as what he did was a means to an end and just part of what he needs to do to play the game. I think thats why there appears to be no guilt. We have seen when it comes to Red John, there is no line he won't cross (unless of course Lisbon is in physical danger). I do think he is capable of causing Lisbon emotional hurt to get what he needs.

DS_Pallas Date: Wednesday, 02-Jan-13, 4:06 PM | Message # 49
Fair Dinkum

(sylvia5993)
However I do think he would be capable of sleeping with Lorelai as what he did was a means to an end and just part of what he needs to do to play the game. I think thats why there appears to be no guilt. We have seen when it comes to Red John, there is no line he won't cross (unless of course Lisbon is in physical danger).

yes, I think the same.

(sylvia5993)
I do think he is capable of causing Lisbon emotional hurt to get what he needs.

Yes to that too… But he knows he's hurt her, and feel guilty because he made a general apology, remember when they went together to see Lorelei in prison.

sorchauna Date: Wednesday, 02-Jan-13, 10:17 PM | Message # 50
Jillaroo

I agree DS Pallas that he knows he's hurt her. I think thats why we root for Jane. We know he's capable of caring and loving but he just won't help himself to open up. Yet Lisbon has managed to get past his defences and he cares for her and does feel quilty. I do wonder when this series ends, will he kill Red John and cause her the ultimate hurt or will he allow Lisbon to do it her way.

Juney Date: Thursday, 03-Jan-13, 12:00 PM | Message # 51
Bee's Knees

I hope that he leaves RJ for Lisbon to go the legal way. That's the only way he could move on. When that happens I think there will be no more series.

Evy Date: Thursday, 03-Jan-13, 7:09 PM | Message # 52
Fair Dinkum

Jane certainly understood things by believing to kill RJ in the person of Timothy Carter
I do not believe that he will begin again if he finds RJ because now he more needs explanations than vengence. wink

angel Date: Friday, 04-Jan-13, 1:58 PM | Message # 53
Cobber

Bit late with this but here goes. What can i say. What an episode right from the beginning with the incredible music. loved the brief appearance by stiles. The theatre meet was very clever and really set up the mood of the episode. Brilliant.

I am glad loralei is back. Emmanuel was just epic in this episode so kudos to her and she works so well with simon. Loved the always wondering if she is going to leave him stranded and she if she should just go. So hitchcock flavour again. Simon directing is immaculate. From the acting to the scenery.

So loved the shop scene with his son claude. Claude was so deaqdpan straight faced just looking at jane. God how did these 2 keep a straight face. Loved the rolling eyes bit at the end. But also the spine tingling scene when jane and lisbon find out about miranda and the name Roy she carved on the floor. Kudos to gigi rice who played lorelei mother brilliantly when she was the cold bitch at home then to the wonderful emotional scene in lisbon office. Loved lisbon doing her hair when kirkland was in her office. i am really liking this agent and so hope he is a good guy who will actualy help take down Red john. I think he works really well with lisbon and i like the flirtation. The beach scene with jane and lorelei looking at the ocean was beautifully done. Then lorelei beating jane up was savage but well played. Multi layers to emmanuelle. I personaly see little hints now and then that jane does really care for her and wants to get her out of red johns grasps as well as catch him.

The end scene when he lets her go you can see she is starting to break and jane ramming the car into the tree oh my that was so painful to watch. Incredible acting, directing and brilliant episode. Was amazed that there was lot of bad comments about this episode on the internet. Really don't know what these people were looking at as it sure was not this episode. BRILLIANT!

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 08 Red Sails in the Sunset (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz