Friday, 29-Mar-24, 11:36 AM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 18 Behind the Red Curtain (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
18 Behind the Red Curtain
Fran Date: Wednesday, 13-Mar-13, 11:20 AM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

5.18 - "Behind the Red Curtain"

THE CBI TEAM INVESTIGATES WHEN THE YOUNG LEAD OF A LOCAL THEATER PRODUCTION DIES ON THE EVE OF THE OPENING, ON "THE MENTALIST,” SUNDAY, MARCH 24

"Behind the Red Curtain” — The CBI team investigates when the young lead of a local theater production dies on the eve of the opening. Meanwhile, Jane hopes to get more information about Red John from the comatose Jason Lennon, on THE MENTALIST, Sunday, March 24 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

CHEAT TWEET: Jane is determined to get the answers he needs about #RedJohn – no matter what… #TheMentalist 3/24 http://bit.ly/13Ue7L6

SERIES REGULARS:
Simon Baker (Patrick Jane)
Robin Tunney (Teresa Lisbon)
Tim Kang (Kimball Cho)
Owain Yeoman (Wayne Rigsby)
Amanda Righetti (Grace Van Pelt)

GUEST STARS:
Pruitt Taylor Vince (J.J. Laroche)
Kevin Corrigan (Bob Kirkland)
Christopher Cousins (Jason Lennon)
Matt Servitto (Warren Dodge)
Erik Jensen (Bran McTavish)
Julie Claire (Sylvia Clare)
Donna Murphy (Deandra Sunderland)
Alexis Carra (Mandy Drake)
Maggie Egan (Polly Datch)
Derek Ray (Billy Racine)
Rose Abdoo (Sheila)
Briana Cuoco (Maggie)
Gabrielle McClinton (Bridget Wendel)
Nick Cobey (Howard Bledsoe)
Shannon Mosley (Junior Homeland Security Agent)
John Troy Donovan (CBI Ron)

WRITTEN BY: Erika Green Swafford and Eoghan Mahony
DIRECTED BY: Chris Long

Peithon Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 2:10 AM | Message # 2
Rip Snorter

Will be delayed 45 minutes in some parts of the country due to basketball overrun. wacko

joanne Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 2:23 AM | Message # 3
Blow-In

Thanks for the warning!

Hayseed Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 6:01 AM | Message # 4
Bee's Knees

OH MY GOD!!!!

Don't miss this one, folks.

joanne Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 6:07 AM | Message # 5
Blow-In

I was truly on the edge of my seat at the end of this episode. Wow! Yes, don't miss this one.

Green Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 6:14 AM | Message # 6
Surfie

OH MY! What an ending!!

Hayseed Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 6:22 AM | Message # 7
Bee's Knees

Can we reveal spoilers before the west coast of the US has seen this or do we wait?

Mcbabsi Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 10:59 AM | Message # 8
Jillaroo

As a big lover of musical theatre I thought this was going to be my favourite episode ever! And I did love those musical bits -
But - the ending really spoiled it for me. Too frustrating...

bee Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 12:41 PM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

This episode delved into the world of musical theatre. This reminded me of the episode "Seeing Red" when Grace says to Jane (referring to Kristina Frye) "she is actually honestly in touch with something beyond your understanding" and Jane replies "That would be golf and musical theatre of the 30's and 40's".

Lisbon is now beginning to read Jane as easily as he seems to think he can read her. She knows he is at the hospital and is still trying to keep him out of harms way and that of Homeland Security. However, when he eventually investigates the case he is up to his old tricks by riling up the performers and then leaving poor Rigsby to calm everyone down. Didn't guess at first that Deandra was Shannon's mother but I thought the song "Every Time We Say Goodbye" was poignant in that she may be referring to her having to give her baby away and then only to lose her once again after finally finding her again. So sad. I was suspicious of Dodge though. Not sure why but he kept referring to his investors which made me suspicious.

I loved the scenes between LaRoche and Jane. I hope LaRoche is here to stay, they seem to have a strange rapport! I thought he was a little apprehensive about his part in Jane's scam playing Hanover and looked comical in that disguise! I hope he's not a RJ mole because I'm warming to him. Now that Jane and him are now even will we find out what's in that tupperware box?

I'm still not sure about Kirkland. He has kept tabs on Jane since his family's murder. He knew he was in a mental asylum and had asked to be kept informed of him at all times (through Alexa Shultz). So his behaviour is suspicious (or just a red herring?). He came to the hospital and warned Jane to stay away from Lennon. Did he actually kill Lennon or is it a ruse to trick Jane and have Lennon for themselves, like they did with Lorelei when they whisked her away from the prison to an unknown destination? Or am I just being paranoid? Probably. He also knows that Jane was with Lorelei when she shot Lennon and then let her escape.

Great lines:

Jane: "That's my arm, you've got two of your own".
Jane: "My Aunt Daphne's in Room 10, kidney failure. Poor dear, drinks like a fish".
Lisbon to Jane: "If you must break the rules, break them in your own time".
Jane to Lisbon: "When am I not in my own time?"
LaRoche: "Excuse me, your coat is playing the Fifth Symphony".

This episode gave more questions than answers for me:

Is Kirkland an RJ mole or just a red herring?
Why did Kirkland say to Lennon "Do you recognise me?"
Is Lennon actually dead or is it a ruse?
Why wait for Lennon to come out of the coma and then kill him?
Why was Jane so calm, too calm, at the end?

Good episode can't wait for the RJ storyline to continue.

Message edited by bee - Monday, 25-Mar-13, 1:40 PM

Wand6122360 Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 1:46 PM | Message # 10
Bee's Knees

One possible answer I came up with to the question of whether Lennon recognized him is that Kirkland has a 2nd persona in which he has a different appearance, and he was curious about the effectiveness of his disguise. But he certainly did take a big risk, letting Lennon come awake before killing him. Perhaps he has a rule about only killing conscious people so he can give them some last words. Perhaps Jane hid a recording device in the room... I know that's what I would have done... Hence his calmness at the end.

Another odd thing was that Kirkland couldn't seem to keep his hands off Jane. It was really weird. Definitely a lot of questions. I enjoyed the episode overall, but would have preferred less music and more CBI interactions.

Mossibecca Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 2:47 PM | Message # 11
Bee's Knees

A good episode, and I really didn't expect the ending.

Fun bits from Jane loved the way he bribed the nurse with donuts and coffee...He knows us so well!! biggrin

LOVED LaRoche...I thought that Jane was going to have to stop the car to let JJ rehearse his part!!

Lisbon didn't seem bothered that Kirkland had Lennon...maybe she was just trying to curb some of Jane's excesses...she knows him so well.

A Loooooong wait now for the next one!!

sylvia5993 Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 6:19 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

I was not impressed with this one, too easy to see through it. I'm sorry if this disappoints some but I keep going back to season one which was much more into the person of Patrick, or was it just the newness to it all. Like the one actress asked, why would an older performer be playing the ingenue, then of course she is the lost mother, (why bother with foster parent if not to bring back the original parent). Kirkland with Lennox, so predictable. Still waiting for the writers to bring it on. This season had started well, but is petering out. Give Baker better material, Bruno.

sorchauna Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 6:32 PM | Message # 13
Jillaroo

It was a good but not great episode. I liked that JJ was back (although I was still waiting to see Cho), I do agree with Sylvia5993 that considering we are two shows short this year I'd expected abit at this stage of the season. It started so well with the FBI and I am wondering will we see them again and what Kirkland brings to the table but I will have faith we should have a knock out season finale.

Evy Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 7:11 PM | Message # 14
Fair Dinkum

If I understood everything, Lennox removed for girls RJ.
Maybe Kirkland was at the shelter when he was young, or had a relationship with the shelter (a sister, a friend killed ? ....) It's a personnal vengence ??? killed

I do agree with SYLVIA and SORCHAUNA : the end was so predictable and yes, Bruno had accustomed us to a little more imagination ! Fortunately, he likes to surprise us. So wait and see !
It is also true that Jane doesn't seem too distraught to see Lennox death ?

Good but not great episode (sorry Sorchauna, I copy you !)

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Monday, 25-Mar-13, 7:42 PM | Message # 15
True Blue

Hmmmm...
I liked the lighter parts of this episodes, though I found the whole case of the week a little weak and too long.
I expected, there would be something about Lennon in the end, but didn´t expect[i] that
!
Yes, Sweetevy, Kirkland might have killed Lennox as a personal Vengeance. But, wouldn´t he have told him who he was and why he did it? I would.
So, couldn´t it also be K. was advised by RJ to kill him? We know, RJ never lets anyone live long enough to talk and in fact there is something suspicious about Kirkland. Is it a clue he said to L. he was "a friend"?

LaRoche was just too funny! "would an accent help?" made me giggle till my face hurts.
Nice to have Van Pelt back so soon. I liked that Lisbon welcomed her so warmly! Amanda looks pretty curvaceous but fresh and healthy! happy

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » 18 Behind the Red Curtain (Contains EPISODE SPOILERS)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz