The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » Season 5 Speculation
Season 5 Speculation
Thrill Date: Saturday, 02-Jun-12, 2:03 PM | Message # 31
Dinkie-Di

I too am really keen to see how it all plays out - there are so many possibilities for interesting mind games & interaction between PJ and Lorelei.

Trivial thought and totally off plot - an ep with Victoria Beckham playing (herself?) - or the wife of a star sportsman who has been kidnapped - and as she has so many friends the AG is hot on the case - so CBI are involved.

Also I wonder about the teams new boss to replace Wainwright - could have some interesting interactions there - Hightower was good... biggrin

AgentM Date: Saturday, 02-Jun-12, 4:39 PM | Message # 32
Bee's Knees

Yeah I hope we haven't seen the last of Hightower - I even kind of hoped that if PJ was to 'move on' and find someone new, she may play a part in that. I've sensed little moments between the two of them - she would be feisty enough to match him. too.

I'd like to see Jane get Lorelai together with Kristina Frye and see what happens... tongue

Fran Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 0:41 AM | Message # 33
Fair Dinkum

I've been thinking about what Bruno said in his post-Finale interview about the Red John reveal -
The trick is going to be — and this is coming — bringing the audience along and making them second guess themselves and ask, “Is that him? Is that him?”

I'm wondering if they're going to present us with several candidates, and the storylines will be about working out which one of them is really RJ.

Or, maybe RJ will be captured/killed, but nobody is totally sure its really him, so then the storylines will be about proving it one way or the other.

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 8:24 AM | Message # 34
Bee's Knees

Or maybe they are going to throw in pieces of the puzzle that keep pointing towards Jane being RJ ?! That would make us all second guess ourselves as I think most of us won't believe it! One thing is for sure.....I can't wait! wacko

Geni Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 4:26 PM | Message # 35
Ankle Biter

Honestly, PJ as Red John is not believable. Even if he suffers from bipolar disorder. How come we've never seen him acting up (transitioning)? It'd be the crappiest ending ever. I'd feel short-changed. But I'm guessing it's someone we've seen before or heard of.

Message edited by Geni - Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 4:49 PM

bee Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 4:33 PM | Message # 36
Fair Dinkum

Bruno has said in the past that Jane couldn't be RJ because he would feel like he had cheated the audience! I don't think anyone would disagree with that. sad

Geni Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 4:51 PM | Message # 37
Ankle Biter

Exactly my feelings Bee. I think Jane is the only one we can exclude. And Lisbon. And Rigsby doesn't look good for it either. Van Pelt and Cho...nah...

Message edited by Geni - Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 4:58 PM

sylvia5993 Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 5:42 PM | Message # 38
Bee's Knees

Bruno also said that it was someone we had seen before, that it was an everyday sort of guy and that we would probably be disappointed by that but that serial killers are usually someone benign, perhaps your neighbors and that surprises eveyone. I'm sure we're in for that, but thank god he isn't planning on a Dr. Jekyll/Mr Hyde joke on us.

AgentM Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 6:54 PM | Message # 39
Bee's Knees

I don't believe it's PJ either, I just thought they may throw a few red herring clues his way as well as the rest of the team. I still think that Van Pelt is going to be played around with next season and maybe we'll see some characters from the past like Hightower, Minelli, Kristina Frye etc.... It's going to be intriguing nonetheless. Whatever Bruno has in store for us, I say Bring it On! I love trying to solve a good mystery. Sometimes I have to remind myself that the Red John case files I desperately want to pore over don't actually exist because it is, in fact, fiction and not a real crime!!!!

Who is the most everyday person that we see or hear regularly on the show? Ron?

Message edited by AgentM - Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 6:55 PM

bee Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 7:27 PM | Message # 40
Fair Dinkum

I've often thought about CBI Ron being connected to RJ mainly because he seems to be the only person constantly in the background. He was also with Wainwright the last time we saw him in the finale. Having said that I hope not because he seems nice!

beautyfulbabyboy Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 8:34 PM | Message # 41
True Blue

I´m just not sure if Bruno actually said RJ is someone we already know, or just might be someone we´ve seen already.
And if, when did he say that we know him already - who is there to be noticed (or not noticed, but still there...) ever since then?

I absolutely agree about Patrick Jane to be excluded from the suspect-list. What shall not be can´t be.

What is it with Darcy?

Grace also seems to have a certain relation to the RJ-sceneries somehow, but I dot like her for being one of his or even being "him".
(see VanPelt-thread here)

Yes, AgentM, What about Kristina Fry? We didn´t hear anything again, what happened to her? I she still in this trance-like state? Doesn´t Patrick try to find out more about it? He was close to getting close to her, so he must be interested, no?

I would also like to see the "old ones" again, like Hightower, Minelli, Bret Stiles...

I´m looking forward to the 5th season, I don´t think I will be disapointed - each season so far had some special, new feel - I just watched them all over and noticed some differences, but can´t name them, yet, just realized it.

lenacr Date: Wednesday, 13-Jun-12, 8:51 PM | Message # 42
Dinkie-Di

To Geni: Would be more like Dissociative Identity Disorder (multiple personality disorder). Or simple psychopathy.
And I agree with everybody, it's not Jane, and it cannot or must not be him!...
For me possible RJ and disciples are: Brett Stiles (as mentioned before by many) and/or the brother-in-law and/or VanPelt (I hope not, I like her very much). Also, Mashberg.
I question Darcy's involvement too.
CBI Ron?
I hope Bruno Heller makes things exciting even if we are talking about RJ being some everyday (boring) character.

AgentM Date: Thursday, 14-Jun-12, 8:24 AM | Message # 43
Bee's Knees

Oooooh so many to choose from! I do believe that it is someone that has been right under Jane's nose tho' -- Hiding in plain sight -- Even tho Jane is observant it would be interesting to see that he missed what was right in front of him the whole time ---- That's why I still believe it's Brett Partridge, but we'll have to wait and see. wink

Mossibecca Date: Thursday, 14-Jun-12, 12:51 PM | Message # 44
Bee's Knees

I've just received a reply from channel 5 to an email I sent asking about season 5

They say that they don't have the rights to it at present, but hope to have them very soon.

I have to say....after getting the stock answer last week, I didn't expect to get an answer from a real person.....it has made me smile.....lots!! biggrin

Fran Date: Thursday, 14-Jun-12, 2:25 PM | Message # 45
Fair Dinkum

Thanks for letting us know Mossibecca, it's great to have that reassurance up

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » Season 5 Speculation
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz