Thursday, 25-Apr-24, 6:58 PM
The Baker Boy - for fans of Simon Baker

Home PageRegistrationLogin
Welcome, Guest · RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » Season5 Tweets by Crew/Cast (MentalistWriters, Karl Sonnenberg, Matt Gossen etc.)
Season5 Tweets by Crew/Cast
Fran Date: Sunday, 03-Jun-12, 7:20 PM | Message # 1
Fair Dinkum

3rd June

Jordan

"Back in Los Angeles today and back to work on season five (!) of The Mentalist tomorrow."

Fran Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 0:02 AM | Message # 2
Fair Dinkum

3rd June

Ashley

Reply to 'what if @CBS cancel @Mentalist_CBS' - "Don't worry yet -- #TheMentalist has been picked up for seasons 5 and 6. #Yay."

Follow-up tweet:
"It wasn't widely reported, but it's not a secret. Networks sometimes pick up for two seasons."

justlook3 Date: Monday, 04-Jun-12, 0:05 AM | Message # 3
Bee's Knees

I was just going to post that. That's very interesting that they got a two season pickup. If that's accurate. Hopefully it is.

Fran Date: Tuesday, 03-Jul-12, 7:49 PM | Message # 4
Fair Dinkum

3rd July

Karl

"July 25 is the first day of filming for Season 5"

Fran Date: Tuesday, 10-Jul-12, 1:25 AM | Message # 5
Fair Dinkum

9th July

Tim

"Just got the scripts for the first two episodes of Season 5. Can't wait to get started!"

"Back at it at Warner Brothers on the 24th"

Reply to "can you tell us what the name of the first episode?" - "'The Red Glass Bead' written by Bruno Heller and directed by Randall Zisk"

"Ep 502 is called "Devil's Cherry" written by Daniel Cerone"

fangs4fun Date: Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 9:25 AM | Message # 6
Jillaroo

The scheduling is worrying me a bit. I just hope Mentalist gains viewership. Just because they've been picked up for 2 seasons doesn't mean that CBS won't cancel the show if ratings don't pick up.

If the show is on so late, who would still be watching? How many people DVR the show and how much impact does DVR have on a show?

Fran Date: Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 11:17 AM | Message # 7
Fair Dinkum

Quote (fangs4fun)
The scheduling is worrying me a bit. I just hope Mentalist gains viewership. Just because they've been picked up for 2 seasons doesn't mean that CBS won't cancel the show if ratings don't pick up.
The ratings don't need to pick up for the show to survive, its been doing very well. Last season in the US it was the 3rd most watched scripted drama and the 5th most watched of all scripted shows. And that's despite its airing in the more difficult 10pm slot - it gets more viewers than any other show airing at 10pm on any day of the week.

It seems inevitable that the viewer figures will be lower on Sunday night, but CBS will be expecting that and will view its performance in the context of that difficult slot. I expect Warner Bros were concerned about the move, and they could easily have sold the show to another network, so I think the 2 year pick-up was given as reassurance to them that the show would not be cancelled.

Quote (fangs4fun)
How many people DVR the show and how much impact does DVR have on a show?
The Mentalist is one of the most DVRd shows. Traditionally, I think DVR viewers were not valued by networks, but viewing habits have changed and with so much choice, live viewers are hard to come by. So it may be that the attitude of networks towards DVR viewers is also having to change.

fangs4fun Date: Wednesday, 11-Jul-12, 11:57 PM | Message # 8
Jillaroo

Well, then I will just be optimistic and trust that the show has enough loyal watchers to keep it going for next 2 seasons and possibly more.

Maybe the later time slot will allow the show more freedom as to content. They did say that Jane will get darker this season 5,

Fran Date: Thursday, 12-Jul-12, 0:06 AM | Message # 9
Fair Dinkum

Quote (fangs4fun)
Maybe the later time slot will allow the show more freedom as to content.
The timeslot is the same - 10pm.

fangs4fun Date: Thursday, 12-Jul-12, 8:41 AM | Message # 10
Jillaroo

Quote (Fran)
The timeslot is the same - 10pm.

I read somewhere here that it may be pushed past 10:30 due to the NFL. Is this confirmed? It would be annoying for viewers if they keep changing the time slot.

Anyway, it wouldn't affect me since I don't live in the US.

Thanks for the info.

Fran Date: Thursday, 12-Jul-12, 9:36 AM | Message # 11
Fair Dinkum

Quote (fangs4fun)
I read somewhere here that it may be pushed past 10:30 due to the NFL. Is this confirmed? It would be annoying for viewers if they keep changing the time slot.
Yes, that's true that when NFL games are broadcast its likely to be pushed to a later time, which will vary depending on the over-run.

Juney Date: Friday, 13-Jul-12, 1:52 PM | Message # 12
Bee's Knees

Hey Simon will be filming on his birthday. Can we get to do a collective 'happy birthday'.

lenacr Date: Friday, 13-Jul-12, 5:26 PM | Message # 13
Dinkie-Di

Absolutely, Juney! Excellent idea.

June Date: Friday, 13-Jul-12, 7:57 PM | Message # 14
Bee's Knees

Would be great! How can we do it?

Fran Date: Friday, 13-Jul-12, 8:12 PM | Message # 15
Fair Dinkum

Quote (Juney)
Can we get to do a collective 'happy birthday'.

Quote (lenacr)
Absolutely, Juney! Excellent idea.

Quote (June)
Would be great! How can we do it?

I've thought about this before and dismissed the idea as too difficult to arrange. Time is short, but I've had an idea that might work, and other members may have better ideas, so I'll start a thread about it under 'Simon Chat', then we can discuss it properly. The thread is here: http://thebakerboy.ucoz.com/forum/2-113-1

Forum » Television Series » The Mentalist - Season 5 » Season5 Tweets by Crew/Cast (MentalistWriters, Karl Sonnenberg, Matt Gossen etc.)
Search:

Free web hostinguCoz